What's new

New 2D Fighter: "Fright Fights" will feature Dracula, Dr. Jeckyll, Mr, Hyde and More

This is getting me in the mood for some classic horror films.

Can't wait to watch this unfold. I'm already impressed that you have the rights to so many characters and this much of a demo in 4 days. I did a 2D fighter as a programming student with a group of 4 others that didn't make it to this stage for months.
After producing mmorpgs for years and years, a fighter is a piece of cake ;)

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Hey man good shit, i respect anyone who takes the initiative to try and make a dent in the FG scene. Looking forward to your product.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
srsly, all the people who talked shit about CaliMaestro should fuck off. At least show him some respects, he's one of the best members in TYM.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
srsly, all the people who talked shit about CaliMaestro should fuck off. At least show him some respects, he's one of the best member in TYM.
I know... I don't see how people can criticize a project that is 4 days in the making based on a few screen shots. It is shameful to be a part of the same community.

JLG

Noob
Having an open mind is a good thing, so I will give this new game a chance. The theme of having classic monsters is brilliant. It reminds me of all those old black and white movies I used to watch as a kid, catching them as reruns. Speaking of which, I agree with n9195v- Creature from the Black Lagoon would be great. I wonder if you guys can even do the indestructible blob or maybe an alien like in all those alien invasion movies.

CaliMaestro, I can't wait to see what you and your wife (and team) can show us later in the year. Keep going, man. Make this happen.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
To all the people saying "Wtf" or "This sucks":
Can you make a better game yourself? No? Then don't be an asshole.
This is a really bad logic, people cant review games because they cant make them? Same with films? I agree with you though, it's obviously a really early version and won't look like that in release. :)

Nosferatu needs less of a Count Chocula goofy face with more menace to it. The Phantom needs his trademark mask cause he doesn't look like anyone.

Also, capes with physics blowing in the wind would be sweet.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
That is the 4 meter nightmare. When a character activates it, different things happen with different characters. This one is the Phantom's, his nightmare shows the iconic unmasking scene from the movie... Which temporarily stuns his opponent.
I'm officially .... GAH! LOVE IT.

I'm happy to aswer any and all questions about the game!
Well then good sir, answer all of my questions:

1. Will you come up with plans on paid DLC, before the game even comes out?
2. How many characters will be in the game?
3. Will all of them be monsters?
4. Do you think copyright issues coud **** you up? (Like it did with the "My Little Pony" fighting game)
5. Will Swamp Thing be in the game?
6. Will there be any female characters in the game?
7. This kinda negates question 3, but will there also be "good" characters like the vampire hunter Van Helsing, or Little Red Riding Hood?
8. Will the game be rated M for Mature with sex, drugs and rock 'n roll? How about Black Jack and hookers?
9. Can the fighting game community help somehow? Sprites for the UI? Stages? Textures?

And the final question:
10. Can I come up with suggestions for the monsters and other fighters?

Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein's monster, Frankenstein's bride, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Evil Toothfairy, Boogeyman, Slenderman, The Mummy, Van Helsing, Little Red Riding Hood, Bitch Witch, Death with a scythe as his weapon, a Zombie, Pennywise (the clown from "It"), Swamp Thing, the Phantom, a green alien from Mars, the Blob (from "the Blob"), Pinhead, Ghostface (from the "Scream" movies"), Juliet Starling (from "Lolipop Chainsaw"), Leatherface (from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre")!

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Well then good sir, answer all of my questions:

1. Will you come up with plans on paid DLC, before the game even comes out?
2. How many characters will be in the game?
3. Will all of them be monsters?
4. Do you think copyright issues coud **** you up? (Like it did with the "My Little Pony" fighting game)
5. Will Swamp Thing be in the game?
6. Will there be any female characters in the game?
7. This kinda negates question 3, but will there also be "good" characters like the vampire hunter Van Helsing, or Little Red Riding Hood?
8. Will the game be rated M for Mature with sex, drugs and rock 'n roll? How about Black Jack and hookers?
9. Can the fighting game community help somehow? Sprites for the UI? Stages? Textures?

And the final question:
10. Can I come up with suggestions for the monsters and other fighters?

Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein's monster, Frankenstein's bride, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Evil Toothfairy, Boogeyman, Slenderman, The Mummy, Van Helsing, Little Red Riding Hood, Bitch Witch, Death with a scythe as his weapon, a Zombie, Pennywise (the clown from "It"), Swamp Thing, the Phantom, a green alien from Mars, the Blob (from "the Blob"), Pinhead, Ghostface (from the "Scream" movies"), Juliet Starling (from "Lolipop Chainsaw"), Leatherface (from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre")!
A few of these questions have been answered already.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Wow, lots of fucking assholes replying.

The guy said it's 4 days old. Give him a break. And I doubt anyone who is shitting on the game has ever done ANYTHING memorable in their lives. A fan of fighters is making his own fighting with an original concept. I think that's pretty cool.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but do you plan on having any modern day horror characters? I would imagine that Jason and Michael Myers walk speed would STILL be faster than Scorpion in Injustice.