What's new

NetherRealm's Silence

Lol what are you? NRS's manager? They don't owe you an explanation. It's only been four days since CEO. They are probably having internal meetings right now and design/brainstorming sessions to decide what the best way is to address Tanya and whatever other issues need addressed. Those things are not easy to fix, especially if you want them done the right way.
the only reason they giveafuck about tanya is cuz they dont want tanya to be booed like In CEO or EVO 2013 and lose money.

This has got to be a joke. TB campaigned harder than anybody to get bugs fixes, made multiple threads, composed about half an hour of video footage spread throughout different threads explaining the issues... Patch drops, and Sub Zero was absolutely ignored, one of the few characters without changes.

Because they don't fucking know how to balance their game
Who the fuck gives anything above +10 on block in a fucking fighting game
Why the fuck is 35%+ chip even possible or necessary

FIX THE HITBOXES ON CHARACTERS WTF

They're too busy trying to satisfy everyone's complaints and gave buffs when the game was barely out even a month

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
This has got to be a joke. TB campaigned harder than anybody to get bugs fixes, made multiple threads, composed about half an hour of video footage spread throughout different threads explaining the issues... Patch drops, and Sub Zero was absolutely ignored, one of the few characters without changes.
A response, as in communication. This isn't about patch content.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
A response, as in communication. This isn't about patch content.
Oh well how useful, a verbal response somewhere deep in some 16 page thread on TYM. So much better than being one of the characters who actually had bug, issues, and balance problems fixed (read: absolutely everybody bar Sub)

How on earth does TB get any special treatment? Like, I know you all love to hate on the guy, but this is just straight up silly lol. If anything, history shows being on Bradys side means you are most likely to get shafted. Look at MK9, look at Sub now, and compare it to what happened when Pig whined about Kenshi, compare it to Kitana community, etc. and all we wanted was bug fixes

But sure, we have "the best chance" at a verbal response instead (one that is usually the absolute opposite of helpful from what I've seen). So much better.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
What company let's changes be known to the community before the patch hits? I'm sure it'd be the minority even if you can list examples. NRS isn't being "secretive", they're just doing the patching as they, and most other devs, have always done.
like @Gegz said before, league of legends not only lets you know more than weeks in advance, but they have a continuous beta environment that a select few has a separate client that they play and test new game mods, new characters, new maps, gameplay fixes, balance changes, new items and all, months before release. they give all info at least a week before release.

not a bad idea for NRS, it would give competitive players the chance to brace before the change. obviously tourny players couldnt be PBE cus they would have an aDVANTAGE

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

They're too busy trying to satisfy everyone's complaints and gave buffs when the game was barely out even a month

Well the fastest move in this game is 5 frames. In street fighter and quite a few other 2d fighters, a 3 frame jab is common. 5 x 2 = 10, 3 x 2 = 6. There are quite a few moves that are +6 in sf4.

They did the frame data correctly in this game dude, there's just a few things that need to be fixed. IMO this is one of NRSs most balanced games.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
How is extensive patching and developer silence an acceptable combination? Please just speak up.

Are you nerfing Tanya before EVO? What known bugs are you working on? Will Tremor's dialogue consist of rock-based puns? These questions aren't difficult to answer.

"She will be affected by the upcoming hotfix." "Breathing hitboxes are totally okay. Just learn the matchup." "Of coarse! Puns rock!"

This probably isn't worthy of its own thread, but I do think that this is a legitimate issue.

Edit: The example questions were only examples. Except the pun one. That's a serious question.
Is this serious or a troll

NRS sucks balls at communicating anything. They do their corny "Kombat Kasts" and calls it a day--and that's only when a new DLC char comes out.

My favorite company, Grinding Gear Games (makes of ARPG Path of Exile), posts and communicates extensively with the community--making videos, developer manifestos, just random Reddit conversations..all around good stuff.

I'm obviously not saying NRS needs to be like GGG, but they need to do SOMETHING.

The random drop-ins of developers like Pako into Twitch streams is embarassing--especially when they are usually just there to troll.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated

Batman was there since the first day of Injustice
And hey, we got trident rush as well
And many mid and overhead moves keep missing on Catwoman lolol
NRS loves to make characters like that. Sometimes they gave characters like Aquaman and MM too many fucking overpowered tools, sometimes they were like "oh, catwoman's hitbox is the smallest, let's equip her with trash to balance things out"

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
This. Fine, you can call NRS one of the shittiest developers ever for lack of communication and balance, but bashing them for lack of realism which is something that has never existed in any MK game is BS.
Yeah I understand what you're saying.They're still young and their first competent(but still unbalanced) game was MK9 so they still have a lot to learn

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
embrace it the game is shit... ill only play local with friends, ive given up with online/patches/hitbox fixes/Frame data. every patch they seem to ruin it, and some how i herd somewhere that the frame data fluctuates in game and that is acceptable, dont remember what post colt made or from where but nonetheless i remember the post/tweet.
to many things to fix. they have done what they needed to do (in their eyes) made a functional game that allows average players to have fun, perform fatalities, brutalities. Money making boxes/DLC characters/Skins/online play-ability(which is a joke) and enough revenue for years to come. even if they don't change another thing. people will keep buying it because its simply on the shelf. users that already use it, will use characters with advantage. and continue to buy all content to come out in future.

im not buying anything else from them.

i have plenty other games to play.

Metal Gear Solid 1-5
Rise of the tomb raider
Forza 6
Titan Fall
Dragon Age: Inquisition
i might even get a Nascar (always enjoyed racing games)

i am not buying Injustice 2 or MK11
ive finally had it!

im sure ill here from others on TYM how MK11 and IGAU2 turn's out,
but i have a prediction.
just like every other game they released. Incomplete beta games with minimal to no effort to fix. Play-ability/Online/Hitboxes/Wiffs/inconsistencies....and so on.

i digress

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like how people in this thread immediately dismiss NRS while putting blinders on other games that have problems and glitches.

It's as if these people think that NRS exists in a vacuum with regard to game imbalance.

SF4 had...how many re-releases?

trufenix

bye felicia
I like how people in this thread immediately dismiss NRS while putting blinders on other games that have problems and glitches.

It's as if these people think that NRS exists in a vacuum with regard to game imbalance.

SF4 had...how many re-releases?
More like, how many games has capcom put out that were fucking garbage and dropped in 6 months like SFxT.