What's new

MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT BALANCE PATCH - POST YOURS

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Im about to make some actual PREDICTIONS since this thread seems to be becoming a buff/nerf thread:DOGE:

1. People will be hella salty after the patch. Would bet money on that.

2. NRS will over-buff or nerf some characters. Interested to see who they will be.

3. Even after top tiers get nerfed top players will still do well with them, causing cries for even more nerfs.

4. If Kitana and/or Kenshi does not get buffed(or god forbid gets nerfed) then Kitana/Kenshi players will spontaneously combust.

Last edited:

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Am I the only person who hates the term normalized?

Like say your character was extremely solid, like Kung Jin. They adjust his damage a little, and make his special overhead safe but not plus. Still a phenomenal character but just balanced more fairly. Why shouldn't every other character get that sort of treatment?

Another example is Shinnok. With him now being able to MB Hellsparks on block, he now has pressure he has to use a bar for but is not OD in the slightest. Gave him a 18f OH because before he had none he could combo off of and he already had issues with damage. Still by no means OP.

Is it really bad to just want... IDK, a balanced game where almost all of the cast can compete so it's not so much a test of tools all the time, but skill as well?

Im about to make some actual PREDICTIONS since this thread seems to be becoming a buff/nerf thread:

1. People will be hella salty after the patch. Would bet money on that.

2. NRS will over-buff or nerf some characters. Interested to see who they will be.

3. Even after top tiers get nerfed top players will still do well with them, causing cries for even more nerfs.

4. If Kitana and/or Kenshi does not get buffed(or god forbid gets nerfed) then Kitana/Kenshi players will spontaneously combust.
It is funny you thought this was a prediction thread to begin with

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Here's an actual PREDICTION:

NRS will ignore that Liu Kang's frame data in Dragon's Fire and Dualist actually does give him true 50/50s, and buff his mixup options anyway.

#FlashAllOverAgain
Can you be more specific about dualist? I have spent more time than anyone dissecting dualist. To put it in the same category as Dragon's fire is absurd

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Can you be more specific about dualist? I have spent more time than anyone dissecting dualist. To put it in the same category as Dragon's fire is absurd
Dualist definitely needs fixes per sé on his orbs and such, not arguing that. But I've noticed F213 xx Metamorphosis change into any standing 1 string on block (not just F1) is a true blockstring. It just takes practice to figure out the timing.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Dualist definitely needs fixes per sé on his orbs and such, not arguing that. But I've noticed F213 xx Metamorphosis change into any standing 1 string on block (not just F1) is a true blockstring. It just takes practice to figure out the timing.
See my thread I posted to above. I did all the math using 6 frame special reversals. you can see all the frame data off of each of his strings. Please review that thread and let me know what you think

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Here's an actual PREDICTION:

NRS will ignore that Liu Kang's frame data in Dragon's Fire and Dualist actually does give him true 50/50s, and buff his mixup options anyway.

#FlashAllOverAgain
I wish I had shit like that in flame fist but the zoning is good so i cant complain

qspec

Noob
I didn't have to because only a fool wouldn't understand the logic behind it

I'm sorry I don't feel like babysitting every user every post. It would take up my entire day

He's comparing Mileena and Kenshi right? And to some degree their MU?

He failed to mention safe mixups that lead to 38% no meter

Teleflurry blocked full screen punished w tele combo for 30%

She can stuff every armor wake up in the game free

Better range and footsies that are safe

He mentioned Kenshi s4 and s1 as good footsie tools but last time I check they're highs and when you're already ducking Kenshi to begin w it lessens the effectiveness of his highs more

I felt like when reading that post it was completely theory fighting without actually experiencing what it's like trying to use those tools against competitive veterans

Kenshi best footsie tools are sc rk and d4 and 2 of those are
Full combo punishable at mist rangers by nearly entire cast

Also, people do listen to me more than most because I know what I'm talking about. Maybe you should listen Little more as well.

I don't need mk9 Kenshi to succeed but I'd like if my character were a MKx character at minimum. People will continue my listening to u because unlike me you have no merit behind your name or exp in tournaments . Either that or you're a nervous Hidey account
I supposed I should start by saying that I have no opinion on whether Kenshi is bad or not. My argument was to show that if Kenshi's bad, so too is Mileena. I was definitely not trying to argue that since Mileena is good, so too is Kenshi. And keeping that point in mind, I'd like to address what you said here (also note that I'm not directly or indirectly comparing their MU).

I'll grant you safe mix-ups and great oki only since they are both predicated on the OS. And like I said before, I cannot imagine that they are a permanent addition to this game with how unpopular they are and how so clearly bug-like they are. Once the OS goes, so does any chance of Mileena being decent.

Also, if you'd like, we can compare mid hitting tools instead of high... they are equally as depressing. Anything Mileena does is slow to start-up, unsafe, or both (with very, very few exceptions)... this means that any safe block string is bad for Mileena, and any of her block strings can't keep an opponent tied down... this leaves her good oki as the only way to play her viably.

But on that note (this is assuming you mean her f12 b4/ex-roll oki?):

She can't stuff every armor wake up in the game. I was having success against it with Reptile's ex-slide which I'm guessing means it has a hard time I was also having good luck with delayed into ex with Reptile as well. I'm going to guess that most of the hyper fast ex-reverals work fine. You can also delay wake-up into an armored move though the window is tight as balls and not all armored moves work. I was landing a few from Kenshi, though rarely, if it matters.

Plus again it is predicated on the OS. There is no reason to block low vs her outside of an OS roll. And if you delay wake-up and block low, her only mix-up is unsafe and requires meter (ex roll). So it requires a good read or she's going to blow herself up.

Like I said above, take my word for it or don't. I'm pointing at the fences here and making a prediction (so time will tell on this one... not my chops as a tournament player), but Mileena, once people know the MU, is going to fall way the fuck behind.

qspec

Noob
Have they said they were removing the option select? Is it even possible?
First, I love your name.

Second, no one has officially commented on them at all... which desperately needs to change. Even if they are in for good, it wouldn't hurt an NRS rep saying so.

Third, I don't see how they'd be too difficult to get rid of. It seems as if you made the on-block and on-hit cancel windows the same, and/or if you were to stop an input from canceling a previously done special, the vast majority of the OS would be removed. Of course, realistically it could just be a piss poor coding job or something so cemented into their code that they can't change them... but who knows.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
First, I love your name.

Second, no one has officially commented on them at all... which desperately needs to change. Even if they are in for good, it wouldn't hurt an NRS rep saying so.

Third, I don't see how they'd be too difficult to get rid of. It seems as if you made the on-block and on-hit cancel windows the same, and/or if you were to stop an input from canceling a previously done special, the vast majority of the OS would be removed.
Very well, I'll try.

@colt , is there going to be work done after Tanya is released on removing the still remaining OSes or are they in the upcoming patch? I know you don't usually liked being tagged, but a large number of the community has been asking as to what may be done about this issue, or if you guys do not know yet as to when/how they will be removed?

STRYKIE

See my thread I posted to above. I did all the math using 6 frame special reversals. you can see all the frame data off of each of his strings. Please review that thread and let me know what you think
Yeah I tested it against Reptile's reversal EX slide, he was still blocking when I did the standing 1. F213 MM change is definitely at least +8 on block.

Didn't know 112 MM change was neutral on block, that's interesting. Makes me wonder if F44 on block might be too. (F44~FBRC is +10 on block in DF)

F12 in general, I would say the only problem is that the 2 tends to whiff if you try to punish something with from max range. The easiest way to fix that would be to give F1 a different hitstun animation, I don't know if NRS are prepared to do that though.

Agree wholly on Dualist projectile issues.

So yeah, let's just stick with general fixes for now and give everything else a bit more time. Direct buffs, as I say, is just asking for a shitstorm to happen, lol.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah I tested it against Reptile's reversal EX slide, he was still blocking when I did the standing 1. F213 MM change is definitely at least +8 on block.

Didn't know 112 MM change was neutral on block, that's interesting. Makes me wonder if F44 might be too. (F44~FBRC is +10 on block in DF)

F12 in general, I would say the only problem is that the 2 tends to whiff if you try to punish something with from max range. I don't know if NRS are prepared to fix that though.

Agree wholly on Dualist projectile issues.

So yeah, let's just stick with general fixes for now and give everything else a bit more time. Direct buffs, as I say, is just asking for a shitstorm to happen, lol.
Id challenge your findings on standing 1 jailing. I'll test again but I was thorough.

My only point is that F213 cs is the only thing that gives him + frames. Dragon fire is like + 6 - + 10 or more off all his strings.

My bigger issue is that cs combos are just frame links.

Kitana mournful needs these:
Stuff from jade mk9:
- rising pole: b+2
- give Kitana jades staff overhead so she has as start up ability instead of only combo Ender abilities
-betrayal: 3,4,2 combo string
- her ability to use 1 shadow kick to combo into either a 2nd shadow kick or a combo string
- assassin strikes: b+3,2
- and possibly give Kitana jades phase ability because she has no way of getting to projectile spammers with out being punished

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I have a feeling Slasher Jason is going to get a damage nerf. I kind of wish I didn't get attached to using him because I know its coming eventually lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
But not all 50/50s are created equal, and that's not even arguable. Hit/block is better than hit/get-hit. Your definition is too flimsy and loose to be meaningful as now every character has some type of 50/50 game. So we can instead talk about the quality of said game... and Mileena's is ass.

You're also taking some liberties with the notion that Mileena is getting to put any strings out there in the first place. Her start-up loses to almost everyone. She never gets to move into this ridiculous oki as she has no reliable way to knockdown vs an opponent aware of her data. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll post back once I get home and get more training time with her.
Speaking of Mileena.

Dat ass tho.

Yum. I'd surely like to bite her butt, take lock jaw and have her drag me to death.

#realtalk.

STRYKIE

Id challenge your findings on standing 1 jailing. I'll test again but I was thorough.

My only point is that F213 cs is the only thing that gives him + frames. Dragon fire is like + 6 - + 10 or more off all his strings.

My bigger issue is that cs combos are just frame links.
I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't visibly see it happen.

That is true, but it also makes Dualist less stamina dependant. If you get shit going in DF and then get caught napping, it could be curtains right there because you can't break.

MM change links on hit aren't easy, but where would Skarlet be in MK9 if you didn't push yourself? A lot of people had her down as bottom 10 in MK9 until mid-2012 :p

Granted, a lot of this discussion wouldn't be necessary if my doppelganger in my avatar was still around. :(

Belial

Noob
Universal fix: All jump atacks fixed to be disadvantage or unsafe on block if done early
Universal fix: Some sort of fix to fireball cancels (lets face it this leads to advantage on block launchers for almost every char that has it, dvorah and scorp lows being most notable, more will emerge later though)

Erron Black 211 string made only cancellable during two last hits
Erron Black damage decreased

Quan Chi ex Rune advantage reduced to +2

Kung Jin further damage decrease by 3-5%

Kotal Khan Blood and Sun God parry move improved
Kotal Khan b12 and b14 made safe or safer, improved hitbox of b1 to actually hit mid as in framedata not high

Shinnok Impostor start stealing actually useful moves from most characters
Shinnok ex shoulder can be further meterburned to lead into combo

Thundergod Raiden lightning strings less to no pushback on block
Thundergod Raiden b2 cannot be cancelled into specials at all

qspec

Noob
Universal fix: All jump atacks fixed to be disadvantage or unsafe on block if done early
Universal fix: Some sort of fix to fireball cancels (lets face it this leads to advantage on block launchers for almost every char that has it, dvorah and scorp lows being most notable, more will emerge later though)

Erron Black 211 string made only cancellable during two last hits
Erron Black damage decreased

Quan Chi ex Rune advantage reduced to +2

Kung Jin further damage decrease by 3-5%

Kotal Khan Blood and Sun God parry move improved
Kotal Khan b12 and b14 made safe or safer, improved hitbox of b1 to actually hit mid as in framedata not high

Shinnok Impostor start stealing actually useful moves from most characters
Shinnok ex shoulder can be further meterburned to lead into combo

Thundergod Raiden lightning strings less to no pushback on block
Thundergod Raiden b2 cannot be cancelled into specials at all
I'd like to see a large damage decrease for the high damage characters. High damage (40-50%) should be something you get when your opponent fucks up (a punish), or it should come with a cost (high risk for example). I don't like seeing 40-50% bnb.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I can already see the Kenshi Changes.

Kenshi:

- Adjusted X Ray Damage to scale properly when used in combos.

Kitana...