What's new

MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT BALANCE PATCH - POST YOURS

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
As a general system mechanic, I would like to see rolls added.

The more I think about it I think a defensive roll option would add to this game. It would help in the footies game and be an option to avoid the mix ups that lead to a 50/50 guessing game when it is forced upon you.

The roll would:

1. Be invincible on start up but will lose to throws and command grabs from start to finish. Throws received while in roll state are non techable, so if your opponent reads it he can do a MB throw and force the 50/50 guessing game on you. Towards the end of roll, it can be punished by an opponent who read the roll and waited to punish it.

2. Be non cancelable into or out of. Its main use would be to force whiffed strings on a read, and to punish those whiffs after you come out of roll recovery and to escape corner pressure that can lead to 50/50 at the risk of being thrown or punished on a read. Can also be used to escape projectile chip damage at end of round.

3. Cannot be done from delayed wake up.

4. Only moves in the forward direction. Its distance and time is set and universal to the cast. This means that if your opponent has a way of crossing your inputs in the corner, he could possibly make you roll into the corner and eat a big punish.

5. Would cost 1 bar of stamina.

These are just some thoughts. Maybe others have better ideas. I think a direction and the stance swtich button should be used to input the roll command.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
As a general system mechanic, I would like to see rolls added.

The more I think about it I think a defensive roll option would add to this game. It would help in the footies game and be an option to avoid the mix ups that lead to a 50/50 guessing game when it is forced upon you.

The roll would:

1. Be invincible on start up but will lose to throws and command grabs from start to finish. Throws received while in roll state are non techable, so if your opponent reads it he can do a MB throw and force the 50/50 guessing game on you. Towards the end of roll, it can be punished by an opponent who read the roll and waited to punish it.

2. Be non cancelable into or out of. Its main use would be to force whiffed strings on a read, and to punish those whiffs after you come out of roll recovery and to escape corner pressure that can lead to 50/50 at the risk of being thrown or punished on a read. Can also be used to escape projectile chip damage at end of round.

3. Cannot be done from delayed wake up.

4. Only moves in the forward direction. Its distance and time is set and universal to the cast. This means that if your opponent has a way of crossing your inputs in the corner, he could possibly make you roll into the corner and eat a big punish.

5. Would cost 1 bar of stamina.

These are just some thoughts. Maybe others have better ideas. I think a direction and the stance swtich button should be used to input the roll command.
How about we don't turn this game into Street Fighter x Tekken.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Damage doesn't matter if you can okizeme someone to death and with raiden that's really simple since he already has a stupidly good wall carry and a good neutral
I know lol. You make it sound like I'm the one that's downplaying him.

qspec

Noob
It's not this simple whatsoever
I don't disagree. That said, your own tier list puts her mid tier at best on the caveat that she benefits strongly from an OS. Where's she at if (and hopefully when) the OS tech disappears.

Her frame data and range is fucking ass. Right now, she's got an OS threat into roll and some Oki tech. I think the oki tech is great but overstated (plus it requires that she gets a HKD which is easier said than done) as it isn't perfectly safe.

She also gives you almost no reason at all to block low (overstated some, but not much). Mileena, and this is my Babe Ruth pointing at the fence moment to be thrown back in my face if I'm wrong, will drop off dramatically once people learn her data and tricks better. She excels online in lag and when her opponents are some kind of ignorant about what she can do, but that won't last forever (well... maybe the lag will...).

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
If I'm not mistaken, she already has a 6 frame D1. Clearly she is in need of help elsewhere, but is a little better after the buff.
Lol her d+1 is 10 frames and -8 on block and +3 on hit, her fastest move is 8 frames and it's 1

I know lol. You make it sound like I'm the one that's downplaying him.
Sorry for that but ughh i just fought a raiden and literally got oki'ed to death

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
The fact is a majority of the community doesnt like the OS. But if it stays in, people will have to start using it or risk falling too far behind.

What Eddy said makes perfect sense...
I'm straight up dropping the game if the OS stays in. You're gonna get some MK9 tierlists really quick if that shit sticks. Raiden is a monster right now because of it, whereas if he never had it? He'd still be really good. OSes are bad in any fighting game. People often shit talk SF4 because it has so many, but they don't lead to moves being safe or doing strong damage. They simply only punish for very little.

qspec

Noob
Yeah I can't imagine I'll stick it out either if the OS stays in. I think it is indicative of poor design. That said, it is hard to have much of an opinion on any thing in the game given that all I can think of when I think of MKX is lag (I'm a PC player).

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Yeah I can't imagine I'll stick it out either if the OS stays in. I think it is indicative of poor design. That said, it is hard to have much of an opinion on any thing in the game given that all I can think of when I think of MKX is lag (I'm a PC player).
This exactly. OSes are bad. Capcom knows this as they admitted to even trying to patch them out (DIMPS rather as they made the game) but could not due to the engine.

I hope that is not the case with the Unreal 3.5 engine that MKX uses, because they eliminated one OS already.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So after talking to some people at Combo Breaker on some characters needing something, I'm gonna update the OP with some more changes I think should happen.

How about that Kenshi f+3 overhead, though.

:DOGE
Or am I?
If f3 became an OH I'd give out a massive osgasmic scream in joy

Btw it was great seeing u this weekend and talking again w u

Congrats on your great play and top 8 accomplishment

The OS was Clearly not intended for expample Jax overhead dashpunch after 123,b34 and f21 is really wonky same goes with hes rocket launcher cancels. Both specials requier a directional afterwards, if u do it to early the directional inputs will just erase the special comming out . This forces you to be inputting the directionals at different frames than you would do with other combo starters otherwise ull miss ur punish and drop ur combo.

They already removed the blocking OS.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I feel for you Pig. We all saw what your MK 9 Kenshi was capable of. Hope you find your character one of these days.
I don't get. He literally just responded to this post full of detailed logic and realisim
@NRF CharlieMurphy

Got some data for you:

MIleena has one non-negative normal. F3 which starts up in 32 frames. Her fastest normal is 9 frames (not counting uppercut which is 7).

Kenshi has a few non-negative normals 1, F3, 4, B4 which start up respectively 10,11,10,17. His fastest normal is D1 at 8 frames (also not counting his uppercut at 7 frames).

Mileena's safest special cancel is sai which is a high that is -11.

Kenshi's is a mid that hits -9 or an overhead that hits -10.

Mileena has a great safe combo in 123 which is +0 on block, confirmable, and 13 frames of startup. Interestingly, this is literally her only non-negative combo not counting F3 combos. Why am I not counting F3? Because it has 32 frames of start-up which is so slow that the computer on the easiest difficulty can punish it (note: I said punish... not block).

Kenshi's safest combo is 421 or 441 which are +0 on block, confirmable, and 10 frames of startup.

And it goes without saying that Kenshi out ranges Mileena. I believe their damages are similar in terms of spending 1 meter (though I'm not certain). If it matters, I used piercing and Kenjitsu. I did eyeball the other variations, but for the most part the data is well within 'close enough'.

The tl;dr is that if Kenshi has shitty frames, so too does MIleena.

If you'd like to talk about how there is generally no reasons to block low vs Mileena outside of two strings (neither of which are confirmable on the low hit), I've got data for that too.

with nothing more than
It's not this simple whatsoever
No explanation to where the logic is flawed, no explanation to counter why everyone thinks he is spreading misinformation about Kenshi to beg for buffs, and your response to this is kiss some ass and support him in his tear campaign to get Kenshi rebuffed to MK9 levels, because he is unaware of what a balanced character actually looks like after MK9, even with a variation named after it.

Pig Of The Hut

I don't get. He literally just responded to this post full of detailed logic and realisim

with nothing more than

No explanation to where the logic is flawed, no explanation to counter why everyone thinks he is spreading misinformation about Kenshi to beg for buffs, and your response to this is kiss some ass and support him in his tear campaign to get Kenshi rebuffed to MK9 levels, because he is unaware of what a balanced character actually looks like after MK9, even with a variation named after it.
I didn't have to because only a fool wouldn't understand the logic behind it

I'm sorry I don't feel like babysitting every user every post. It would take up my entire day

He's comparing Mileena and Kenshi right? And to some degree their MU?

He failed to mention safe mixups that lead to 38% no meter

Teleflurry blocked full screen punished w tele combo for 30%

She can stuff every armor wake up in the game free

Better range and footsies that are safe

He mentioned Kenshi s4 and s1 as good footsie tools but last time I check they're highs and when you're already ducking Kenshi to begin w it lessens the effectiveness of his highs more

I felt like when reading that post it was completely theory fighting without actually experiencing what it's like trying to use those tools against competitive veterans

Kenshi best footsie tools are sc rk and d4 and 2 of those are
Full combo punishable at mist rangers by nearly entire cast

Also, people do listen to me more than most because I know what I'm talking about. Maybe you should listen Little more as well.

I don't need mk9 Kenshi to succeed but I'd like if my character were a MKx character at minimum. People will continue my listening to u because unlike me you have no merit behind your name or exp in tournaments . Either that or you're a nervous Hidey account

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yet people with merit behind their name disagree with you as well, so I guess the reason you didn't compose this response to them is because you can't just flash your hollywood credentials to get out of that one, instead of actually having to compose a logical argument. All my statement was is that you are dodging the facts, so rather than directing multi paragraph response to me, why don't you get around to responding to the people with cred who are saying exactly what I am, except in more detail, instead of ducking the fight and trying to flash your name about like it means anything at all?
I didn't have to because only a fool wouldn't understand the logic behind it
You didn't have to respond to a post explaining how everything you say about Kenshi is overinflated, because only a fool wouldn't understand? I guess that makes you.... the fool.... ? What exactly are you saying here?

People will continue my listening to u because unlike me you have no merit behind your name or exp in tournaments
Yeah, the entire point I made in my post is that you don't really have an argument, and that people agreeing with you mostly seem to be doing it off nothing other than your tournament card. So I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing here because it seems like you are agreeing with me while thoroughly cementing this

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Yet people with merit behind their name disagree with you as well, so I guess the reason you didn't compose this response to them is because you can't just flash your hollywood credentials to get out of that one.

You didn't have to respond to a post explaining how everything you say about Kenshi is overinflated, because only a fool wouldn't understand? I guess that makes you.... the fool.... ? What exactly are you saying here?

Yeah, the entire point I made in my post is that you don't really have an argument, and that people agreeing with you mostly seem to be doing it off nothing other than your tournament card. So I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing here because it seems like you are agreeing with me
I'm convinced you're an idiot

I block idiots, see ya