What's new

My Plans for MKX

I don't really understand the point of this. Isn't the purpose of having forums to have these discussions in the first place?

Why don't people commit to working on their character forums more, keeping the wiki up-to-date, and using the site's chat room for debate and discussion?
I see nothing wrong with that, only problem is I am not even sure about the site's chat in regards to how to get to it (as I am sure others aren't as well). Second thing is, I have been on tym since mk9 was buzzing and there are always characters forums that seem to just die off and that doesn't help out the progression of any chsracter because fighting games dnt have a time cap on them. Also u are forgetting one key thing, forums allow for trolling and gif posting which are funny and what not, but not needed when breaking down things.
(Probably the most important thing is this will avoid needless arguing that doesn't even contribute to discussions). U might want to read the OP again :p as that pretty much says what is intended with this.
I could list other reasons, but that is not the point of what I am going for and not the point of this thread. If u have some questions about this, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Adding ppl to Facebook is tough because of all the names that ppl share haha, so to solve that just add me on facebook : Malik Terry and I should pop up instantly (I got the pic of me and others doing the Bernie after evo top 8 for injustice haha)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I see nothing wrong with that, only problem is I am not even sure about the site's chat in regards to how to get to it (as I am sure others aren't as well). Second thing is, I have been on tym since mk9 was buzzing and there are always characters forums that seem to just die off and that doesn't help out the progression of any chsracter because fighting games dnt have a time cap on them. Also u are forgetting one key thing, forums allow for trolling and gif posting which are funny and what not, but not needed when breaking down things.
(Probably the most important thing is this will avoid needless arguing that doesn't even contribute to discussions). U might want to read the OP again :p as that pretty much says what is intended with this.
I could list other reasons, but that is not the point of what I am going for and not the point of this thread. If u have some questions about this, feel free to PM me.
You're helping to ensure a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course character forums will die if nobody deigns to post in them, since they're having private discussions instead. If you have nobody trying to contribute real information or focus on a topic, you're going to get threads that devolve into troll posting and comedy.

I don't agree with this ethos, and I think anyone who's expressed interest in participating should think very hard about that. This is a bad way to build community.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
@MIT, add me bro. I dont fb but Skype is the same as on here. Will be going balls deep on Mileena. Looking at Quan and Predator too for sure. There's a lot of things that didn't get fleshed out to my demand in MK and Inj that I want to see realized in MKX

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Going hard in the lab on this game. I wanna know every option every character has in every situation lol

Skype is YtseJamSheck

Facebook is Eric Shechtman

You're helping to ensure a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course character forums will die if nobody deigns to post in them, since they're having private discussions instead. If you have nobody trying to contribute real information or focus on a topic, you're going to get threads that devolve into troll posting and comedy.

I don't agree with this ethos, and I think anyone who's expressed interest in participating should think very hard about that. This is a bad way to build community.
So u have only been around since 2013 of April? Man I got 2 years on you in this site and I have posted in a multitude of threads. I nvr said screw public threads, but there is a real issue when legit discussion is attempted to be made and we have ppl talking about (character z vs y) instead of (character a which the thread is about). There are a multitude of other things wrong with public threads as well, but I am not writing an essay on that lol. Also this is a way better way to help our community out competitively instead of the BS "hiding tech" and other things that go on. You not liking this does not change a thing with what I am going for. Look around the thread and you will see that people want to be a part of this. I suggest u read the OP again because I think u are taking this the wrong way.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
With the number of people already in the convo, I forsee plenty of arguing. There's nothing special about a PM that's able to prevent it from happening.

To really clamp down on distractions you'd have to be extremely careful about who you let in.

With the number of people already in the convo, I forsee plenty of arguing. There's nothing special about a PM that's able to prevent it from happening.

To really clamp down on distractions you'd have to be extremely careful about who you let in.
I get what u are saying, but I am confident that the discussions won't turn to ego stroking fests and number throwing matchup drama. Arguments are fine, just not like the ones I see on tym at times that have no merit lots of times lol. "Needless" is the key word.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
May as well add me to the PM, Malik. Respect for having the foresight to get this going early ;)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I actually like nerfing a lot. People want every character to be top tier. I would nerf alot of chars in mk9 with hindsight. I don't like solving things by throwing armor at it (Sonya cw). The flash buffs were absurdly stupid and irresponsible and more nerfs were needed than not, that they did. But injustice goes beyond nerfs and buffs it was systemically flawed. My question is, why did I (90%) know ares was garbage day 1? Why did I think Martian and zod were broken day 1??How did the developer not see it??

Death stroke would be fine (not saying he wasn't over nerfednerfed) if it weren't for the op dlc and other chars having huge balance issues.

The majority of mk9 nerfs,like Cyrax bomb trap, kung Lao having pushback on spin, and ridiculous recovery and hit adv. on low hat were all justified.

It doesn't really bug me to bring characters closer to the median.
Some characters, on the other hand, needed some necessary tools they lacked. Not disagreeing with you, but if we were to balance MK9 only by nerfs, we'd ended up with a roster of boring dudes with considerable disabilities.

n9195v

Noob
How are we going to do this? Are we going to just rant about who ever when ever or have a span of two or three days talking about one character or something similar to that? How are we going to keep the chat in check so everything doesn't get lost in a clutter of random tidbits of information?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Count me in. I created a microsoft account just to use it in Skype with you, guys (I forgot the pass of the last one): [email protected]

How are we going to do this? Are we going to just rant about who ever when ever or have a span of two or three days talking about one character or something similar to that? How are we going to keep the chat in check so everything doesn't get lost in a clutter of random tidbits of information?
I suggest that we use a facebook group for that. We can store the relevant part of each topic in a file there. I know of a very decent group in facebook with only a few members. We could just join that one and upload the files there, or we could create a new one.

Another option: we could create a mega account to which we all know the password, and upload the files there so that they can be accessed only from within the account.