What's new

My Brief experience with MKX @ London Comic-Con by DreadKnight1

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's vague but that's better than nothing I guess, thanks.
Eh, I'm thinking too hard into stuff that is subject to change :)
Like lets assume we got superman on the orb style, yeah? Imagine instead of knocking them way far away, you can literally leave them right inbetween your traps.
Or like lets say you have an opponent you are about to down, you can do it to position yourself near an interactable and use the advantage to catch them out.

Displacer can use the advantage to set up a tele trap on them.

So on, so forth.

not sure if this is what you're talking about, but i saw cassie do what looked like an air grab, but it might have been a special move idk.
Beats me. I just clicked the grab when I saw the double-armed lurch and my guy was like "bye Felicia" and got out of it.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Perhaps, you can tell us what does Ex-Superman do then? It looks fancy and all, but I can't find anything on what it is for.
It's probably unbreakable, but I would chalk that up to NRS not bothering to come up with a breaker animation for it, much like Scorpion's takedown being unbreakable despite being a clean physical hit.

As for intended perks, I would guess more advantage. I was able to get free teleports to stay up close but I guess we'll have to wait for disclosure of frame data to reach a practical verdict.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Are you sure on this one? I swear I remember breaking a throw out of a combo. Like block stun always has frames where the enemy can't be grabbed, but on-hit I remember breaking at least 1 throw.
Impossible. You can't tech throws when you're being comboed or negative like after a corp charge

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Impossible. You can't tech throws when you're being comboed or negative like after a corp charge
Weird. I swear I remember breaking it, but it's whatever. I'll just check at the next test site, maybe I'll have more time. Like heebus jeebus the crowd was crazy.