What's new

My Brief experience with MKX @ London Comic-Con by DreadKnight1

I can answer that, sorry if I missed you before.

Chip damage has been normalized, but it isn't injustice levels of bad. A full string will still do about 5-8% on chip, not counting connectors and certain character differences (pewpew raiden's Thunder infused strings do quite a fair bit, and of course cut bonuses). That was the build like a bit before this one, but I can't imagine it being too different. So instead of Johnny cage's f.H doing 5% on its own, imagine like reptiles 1122 string doing a bit more than that. So. Strings on block? Still a good idea if you can make them safe. Won't win you the game outright, but it's still worth smashing their guard.

To the guy asking 50/50, most characters don't actually have good overhead options, let alone strong 50/50s. That's a very niche thing, and will probably be a selling point on some characters. Fastest I saw was scorp 's classic sitting at I think 24 frames.
Where did you get this information?

Slymind

Noob
Many people along with me thought the simple tele is universal, and Displacer has all these new stuff (delayed tele, appear in front of opponent tele etc.)
Here here, that's news to me, i really thought Raiden had an universal teleport and the displacer only expanded his teleporting options.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Do enhanced moves work like MK9 (commitment to enhance) or Injustice (you have time to choose)?
Commitment was what I saw, but things tend to change. Certain moves (Kano up-ball) are a bit weird so I can't give a 100% answer.

No one ever does... :(
What do you wanna know? I mainly played Kano/Quan so I might be able to spare some info. Just keep in mind I have very limited knowledge from the 2 games I got to play around in and the watching, and like 60% of people played Quan so any MU specifics I have are based on him and people fighting my F/T and Kotal from the previous build.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
so.. is there really no footage? i wasn't kidding when i said take a camera. i know they don't allow them, but the other guy got 45 minutes with the camera in his friend's pocket. he also said his camera got taken away multiple times.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
so.. is there really no footage? i wasn't kidding when i said take a camera. i know they don't allow them, but the other guy got 45 minutes with the camera in his friend's pocket. he also said his camera got taken away multiple times.
They were really checking it this time. Like when I came to the venue, they had people taking away cameras at the gate basically.
I swear there were so many phones being held up. I tried to record from mine but no dice, it wasn't even somewhat presentable.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
They were really checking it this time. Like when I came to the venue, they had people taking away cameras at the gate basically.
I swear there were so many phones being held up. I tried to record from mine but no dice, it wasn't even somewhat presentable.
well at least you tried. you couldn't like.. pop their arms out of their sockets or something and then record? ;)

and about raiden, yeah it's pretty obvious his teleport os only for displacer. they obviously want to avoid making another mk9 raiden.

haketh

Noob
Boon really needs to start dropping footage of matches, NRS is the only fighting game dev group to keep things like this only such tight wraps which is foolish. At least try to setup better locetest so people can study the game a bit like how Namco, Capcom, Frenchbread, hell basically all FG Devs do.

Sami

Noob
Boon really needs to start dropping footage of matches, NRS is the only fighting game dev group to keep things like this only such tight wraps which is foolish. At least try to setup better locetest so people can study the game a bit like how Namco, Capcom, Frenchbread, hell basically all FG Devs do.
Considering how much things are changing in the game they're sensible not to do any match footage. I still remember the grief they got with MK9 over Sub Zero losing the ice parry between trailer and release.

haketh

Noob
Considering how much things are changing in the game they're sensible not to do any match footage. I still remember the grief they got with MK9 over Sub Zero losing the ice parry between trailer and release.
Other devs have had large changes between locetest versions before, NRS is not the only group to do stuff like that but still maintain locetest.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
i think the opposite. i think they reveal too much of their games but if they are gonna show us footage, it would probably be just trailers so we can't tell if they change stuff. i don't wanna have the wrong idea of the game before it's even out.

Just a heads up for you guys who might have overlooked this....but if you go to quan chi MKX trailer, they actually show him doing a grab in the middle of his combo from the opponent falling out the air, this outta give anyone who is curious about how it works, more insight on the whole ordeal. The throw he does in the trailer is actually his back throw I believe, which cannot be meter burned.

I only pressed grab, personally. Unless everyone did forward throw, it's looking like just react. Mind you, you can't MB back throw from what I saw
So if breaking throws is just a react, and throws can be done mid-combo... what's the point? Wouldn't it just be like a guaranteed combo breaker where one could just mash the throw button while they're being juggled and automatically break any throw?

Mst

Noob
So you can grab someone out of the air and breaking throws is the same like it was in MK9?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Two questions:

1. How is the chip damage?

2. Are there 50/50's and if so, are they safe?
Yes there are 50/50s for some characters, they may not be true like batmans in injustice but they'll definitely catch people.
They're probably safe knowing nrs

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
they obviously want to avoid making another mk9 raiden.
You should really stop doing this. You outright said that you refused to educate yourself about MK9 Raiden and you ignored anything I've said.

Besides, they didn't, seeing how Displacer still exists, and TG Raiden still does up-close thing way better than MK9 Raiden ever could (tip: he couldn't ). So, what's your point?