What's new

Mortal Kombat X Rankings Now On SRK

Audit

Falls down too much
Imo counting every tournament leads to bunch of issues and inconsistencies that are hard to correct. Once you go down that rabbit hole and it becomes a free-for-all, the rankings start to reflect the reality of player accomplishment a lot less.

At the end of the day, everyone wants to feel represented -- but at the same time, if the goal is to create the best quality of seeding + have something that's representative of player skill/accomplishment, inputting everything anyone submits might not be the best road.
I hold and compete in between four and nine sixtyfour-man bracket tourneys a day. Each tourney has 63 byes. By my math I should be ranked #3 in the world.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
With all due respect to Florida results don't bare out their weekly being more stacked than GGA.
In terms of best players, you're right, but the skill gap between mid carders and main eventers is much smaller in Florida. Most of them can beat each other on any given day.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
In terms of best players, you're right, but the skill gap between mid carders and main eventers is much smaller in Florida. Most of them can beat each other on any given day.
Correct, and most of FL hasn't been to a Major yet, as GGA has been to a few. Hopefully we make a name for ourselves at CEO.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

That makes for an entertaining stream but does not have anything to do with how it should be ranked.

I agree with Crimson though, none of these should be counted.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Imo counting every tournament leads to bunch of issues and inconsistencies that are hard to correct. Once you go down that rabbit hole and it becomes a free-for-all, the rankings start to reflect the reality of player accomplishment a lot less.

At the end of the day, everyone wants to feel represented -- but at the same time, if the goal is to create the best quality of seeding + have something that's representative of player skill/accomplishment, inputting everything anyone submits might not be the best road.
I agree wholeheartedly.

My thing is, I'm no longer standing by watching everything happen without speaking up if that's what it's gonna be.
More of a life thing. Sideline player no more.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I really wanted to do a TYM MKX ranking system, I just never got around to it. Basically, each major would have a default set of points, and that number of points could go up based on number of entrants and level of play. And weeklies that got at least 32+ would also count but not nearly as much as majors, as would regionals that got 64+. But I can't keep up with every tournament, or I'm too lazy too, whichever. There was a lot more to it than that but the point was to include almost everything worthy of including and have as little subjectivity as possible.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I really wanted to do a TYM MKX ranking system, I just never got around to it. Basically, each major would have a default set of points, and that number of points could go up based on number of entrants and level of play. And weeklies that got at least 32+ would also count but not nearly as much as majors, as would regionals that got 64+. But I can't keep up with every tournament, or I'm too lazy too, whichever. There was a lot more to it than that but the point was to include almost everything worthy of including and have as little subjectivity as possible.
I'm sure many of us would love it if you do get around to doing that.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
The first egp was a 64 man bracket. Second egp was about 50. Pretty good quality players too. So if you guys would consider adding this it would be great

Vandy

Kumite!
So is TYM going to make a ranking system and provide a list?

Or we good with just using SRK's and complaining?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So is TYM going to make a ranking system and provide a list?

Or we good with just using SRK's and complaining?
Sup Vandy,

I actually happen to have one in my pocket -- leftover from MK9 :)

To be fair though, the aim wasn't to complain about SRK's as a whole; moreso to bring up the point about how it's being used for MKX, which is diff. from how we used it for Injustice.

Don't mean to come off like a bunch of Negative Nancys though; just want to see the best experience for all involved.

I've been planning to run an upgraded version of the one I built alongside this one (and quietly collecting results behind the scenes), as I'm curious to see what the difference in results will be.

Last edited:

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I don't know.....
Considering Regional tournaments are added I don't feel this ranking makes sense.
US has a lot more regionals than EU does for example.
How can you rank a players "world wide" performance on things they simply can not attend cause they don't live in the area.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
foxy earned 500 points for winning a 4 man exhibition where the entrants were chosen by fan voting.