What's new

Mortal Kombat X Delayed Until Fall for Last Gen?

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
As someone who plays DOA, when I heard about Last Round, I was set on the PS3 version. After all, it was a free patch and all I had to do was buy the two new characters. But then I heard about the PS3 version missing features and it was clear that the PS4 version was the definitive version, because it came with the new characters already, new customization options, a new graphics engine, new stages and more. Why do I point this out? Well, it's clear that studios want to focus on current gen. However, companies that produce competitive fighting games have it harder because they must not alienate fans who have yet to make the jump to current gen. But quite frankly, with how last gen ports are turning out, the jump to current gen + PC is becoming more of a necessity if you want the full experience. At this rate, I think HVS should just cancel the last gen ports and focus on fixing the PC version.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This will keep happening until consoles die out or the policies change. I'm not on about the pcmasterrace bullshit, mind. Just hate the marketing model behind consoles.

On the bright side it's probably better for everybody that they delayed the release of the last-gen. This tells us that fall is the deadline by which nrs plans to have a fairly bugless version. Reasoning: remember how patching went with mk9...

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
This will keep happening until consoles die out or the policies change. I'm not on about the pcmasterrace bullshit, mind. Just hate the marketing model behind consoles.

On the bright side it's probably better for everybody that they delayed the release of the last-gen. This tells us that fall is the deadline by which nrs plans to have a fairly bugless version. Reasoning: remember how patching went with mk9...
and injustice, it was late summer/autumn before dat big patch came in

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I mean....are there really people who thought the last gen ports would actually be worth paying for anyway? Come on, guys. Let's be serious here. Last gen versions going to be shit even if they come out 2 years from now.

I'll say it one more time....take the $100 you were going to spend on MKX (game/Kombat Pack/sales tax) and put it toward a Next Gen System. Buying last gen MKX will be an incredible waste of money. The fact that people haven't gotten ANY info whatsoever (aside from the shit being delayed over and over) let alone a screenshot or game footage is an absolutely terrible sign.

Just give up on it, guys.

Audit

Falls down too much
Or save up and buy an actual computer / laptop that you can use to play mkx AND for useful stuff that consoles can't do?
Sure you can buy a computer, but you can't play MKX on it, because the port sucks and doesn't have the latest patch pushed to it. Go away with that master race garbage, it's been proven fraudulent from day one.

E

Eldriken

When a game's release date is 12/31, that usually means it's a placeholder because they still don't have a date. It could very well come way later than that.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Sure you can buy a computer, but you can't play MKX on it, because the port sucks and doesn't have the latest patch pushed to it. Go away with that master race garbage, it's been proven fraudulent from day one.
If you knew me, you'd understand that it has nothing to do with that bandwagon bullshit. I spent cash on a ps3 just to play mk9 and it was a massive disappointment. You know, I somewhat deluded myself that in 2011 there might be online playability and that game design had reached a level where characters don't get neglected while others are made nearly invincible.
It doesn't matter what platform you play mkx on, in that sense, because online won't be playable even in ten more years and they'll never make a game where you can pick a character you like without facing the sour truth that there are munchkin- and rockbottom-types.
Regardless of gaming I just do more with a pc while my ps3 was just collecting dust as soon as I realised what garbage online is in about every game that ever interested me on it. Simple as that.

Audit

Falls down too much
If you knew me, you'd understand that it has nothing to do with that bandwagon bullshit. I spent cash on a ps3 just to play mk9 and it was a massive disappointment. You know, I somewhat deluded myself that in 2011 there might be online playability and that game design had reached a level where characters don't get neglected while others are made nearly invincible.
It doesn't matter what platform you play mkx on, in that sense, because online won't be playable even in ten more years and they'll never make a game where you can pick a character you like without facing the sour truth that there are munchkin- and rockbottom-types.
Regardless of gaming I just do more with a pc while my ps3 was just collecting dust as soon as I realised what garbage online is in about every game that ever interested me on it. Simple as that.

You're right, I don't know you, and I wouldn't want to know anyone that would recommend MKX for PC for any reason, especially knowing how bad it is.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
I mean could they at least release a demo? It doesn't even have to have all the characters, maybe just 4 or 5 with only versus mode.

IMO I think they will Cancel it for two reasons, 1. Because High Voltage is still working on issues with the computer version of it and 2. MKX on Next-Gen was the best they've ever done and making inferior versions might make the ratings go down. So it won't surprise me when they just scrap the old gen ones.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Damn, guess its time for those people to FINALLY invest in next-gem.

I would much rather have the complete MK experience, than a shitty port just cause.

But that's just me.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I don't get why cross-platform possibility is still treated like elephant in the room. I hope once SF V comes to PS4 and PC it will change mindset of developers. For that reason I wish SF V grand success. And maybe, just maybe, rumors about microsoft being interested in porting KI To PC and allow cross platform with xbox will come true. And then NRS/WB you will LEARN RESPECT!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This may be for the better...on one hand, I can understand why some would say "just get a new gen console already" on the other, it's not that easy for lesser fortunate people so they get the last gen version and on NRS's hand, they want to sell more games to last gen people but at the same time no doubt don't want another PC case repeating itself...

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I see people saying "I am not buying a next Gen console for one game!"...explain this shit. Every new game from now on will either be next Gen only or much better on next Gen. I assure you, if you buy a new console it most certainly will not only be good for MKX....its really a stupid ass excuse for not buying next Gen.

There are plenty of good games to play on next Gen already anyway.

cedenike

lethargic member
I see people saying "I am not buying a next Gen console for one game!"...explain this shit. Every new game from now on will either be next Gen only or much better on next Gen. I assure you, if you buy a new console it most certainly will not only be good for MKX....its really a stupid ass excuse for not buying next Gen.

There are plenty of good games to play on next Gen already anyway.
Well for my ps3 I bought mk9 only, I legit have no interest in other games. Might as well save up for a ps5 and wait for mk11.

Zachara

Noob
explain this shit.
Gladly.

I do not play a lot of games. Hell, on 360 I have a grand total of 10 games. That's over the entire span of the 360's life and even then, I did not buy all of those games (Some were given). This is due to two reasons. 1 - I don't have the money to be buying a lot of games. 2 - I don't have the time/inclination to play most games that I see.
Now if I'm that way about games, imagine what I'm like when it comes down to consoles.

Also some of us have families and things that we have to spend our money on. People saying shit like "Just get the newer console, then the game, then the arcade stick to go with it and then the online subscription and then you can play the game!!" is beyond stupid as some people just cannot justify the money for a new console.

Back on topic though - I would not be bothered if there was never any plan to bring the game out on the 360/PS3. I honestly didn't expect it to. But after it was announced and had a date, I was really happy since I would get to play it in my home rather than going other places to play.
Now that it seems that we're not getting it on the old-gen and I'm frustrated about it. I get that the port would not be great (One of my friends has the PC version and is so far behind the consoles he hasn't even been playing) but it would be something.

(Sorry if this didn't actually answering the thing you said but I got caught up in a rant)

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Well for my ps3 I bought mk9 only, I legit have no interest in other games. Might as well save up for a ps5 and wait for mk11.
Then you should have no problem getting the current gen for mkx then? I don't understand what you are geting it.

Xbone and PS4 don't cost nearly as much as when the PS3 and 360 first came out. It's literally a little over $100-$200 difference compared to if someone wants to by a new last gen console.

Why keep dealing with all this incomplete port nonsense and waiting out?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Just sell your last gen console and some games, add some money and get a Ps4 or XB1. I live in a broke ass country and i managed to get both, can't be that hard and you'll need those consoles at one point anyway...