What's new

Mortal Kombat X - Briggs Family Trailer

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The only actual gameplay of Jacqui outside of her XRay were those anti air rockets....

XRay cutscenes are gameplay too but come on. I want to see how this girl plays in an actual match.

I'm shocked how many people are saying that trailer showcased her good. They showed literally nothing on her.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I'm thinking Tusk Liu is talking to Jax when he says you don't deserve to rejoin them. I wonder what keeps him from turning back into a revenant?

It looks like Jacqui has anti-air rockets, so she's I'm expecting more Sektor stuff.
I don't think it has anything to do with story. I think NRS has made skin specific dialogue in addition to Character specific dialogue. I mean, when they showed off Takeda on stream and had him face off against Ninja Scorpion, their exchange was something in regards to him returning to Quan Chi's service, which is something Scorpion would be very unlikely to do after learning of Quan Chi's involvement in the death of his Clan.

I don't think it has anything to do with story. I think NRS has made skin specific dialogue in addition to Character specific dialogue. I mean, when they showed off Takeda on stream and had him face off against Ninja Scorpion, their exchange was something in regards to him returning to Quan Chi's service, which is something Scorpion would be very unlikely to do after learning of Quan Chi's involvement in the death of his Clan.
The way that scene between Jax and Kung Lao was shot doesn't look like the usual pre-fight dialogue. They're much closer than normal.

VFELLHN

Noob
Guys i notice something in the video.. I hope is april joke.. At the end it says mortal kombat x available 17/4/2015. wtf????

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
The way that scene between Jax and Kung Lao was shot doesn't look like pre-fight dialogue. They're much closer than normal.
True. But, trailers can lie.

Only reason I doubt is because revenants wouldn't make sense once Quan Chi and Shinnok are defeated. Unless, they come back later in the story and regain control of the resurrected warriors. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Kal

<3
Guys i notice something in the video.. I hope is april joke.. At the end it says mortal kombat x available 17/4/2015. wtf????
Possibly a EU release date, this is originally an Italian trailer and doesn't Europe usually get new games on Friday?

Juffalo

Noob
Jax looks so freaking cool. NRS getting me hype for characters I never thought I would be interested in.

Jacqui looks pretty. Which is exciting because now we don't have to have a 30 page thread about how ugly all the females' faces look. Thank you based NRS.

Last edited:

Alpha Centauri

The Machine
better then cassie and sonya
Oh believe me I think the whole teen titans special forces clan is boring. I would cut the 4 kids Jax and Sonya (Leaving only Johnny and Kenshi if you count him) and bring either different new characters or some classics that are actually interesting.

Kal

<3
I don't think you actually understand what personality is.
Sure I do, it's what the Briggs are lacking. Jax keeps coming back just because he's the "cool, buff, strong, 'MURICA type guy that apparently needs to be in the game for some god awful reason. While Jaxy is there just to fill a "black female" spot since Jade is no more and Tanya is white now for some reason.

That's the vibe I get from the Briggs, I'm not saying these are facts or these are the opinions of everyone. They're simply mine. I couldn't think of anyone that's more boring from the classic characters than Jax.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Sure I do, it's what the Briggs are lacking. Jax keeps coming back just because he's the "cool, buff, strong, 'MURICA type guy that apparently needs to be in the game for some god awful reason. While Jaxy is there just to fill a "black female" spot since Jade is no more and Tanya is white now for some reason.

That's the vibe I get from the Briggs, I'm not saying these are facts or these are the opinions of everyone. They're simply mine. I couldn't think of anyone that's more boring from the classic characters than Jax.
Sonya comes to mind. What has she done that's more exciting than anything Jax has done?

And seriously? Making judgement on Jacqui before you've even got to see her for longer than the small segments in this trailer or before you've played the game? That's not wise.

Kal

<3
Sonya comes to mind. What has she done that's more exciting than anything Jax has done?

And seriously? Making judgement on Jacqui before you've even got to see her for longer than the small segments in this trailer or before you've played the game? That's not wise.
Sonya has done almost nothing, personality/character wise she's just as boring as Jax, at least her gameplay is a bit more entertaining than Jax. Her saving grace personality wise is her interaction/relationship with Johnny, he carries that relationship hard, but at least it's there for Sonya. Can't think of anything when it comes to Jax. I feel like he's in just beacuse NRS feels obliged to put him in, and nothing else.

As for Jacqui, she has appeared in previous trailers and she has been boring since her reveal. It's not just about her gameplay, although I'm not impressed by what I saw from her little gameplay either. I mean as I said, I expected a lot of Jax in her gameplay, which I hate already.