What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

TheGlow

Retired Noob
so has anybody else had luck with his rev kung lao skin....ive played and won well over 30 damn matches on koth and still no skin...do i have to be using kung lao or something?
I got it in 1 session. I dont recall exactly, around 25-26 games as I just had gotten Liu Kangs 26 ranked, so I may be mixing them up.
KOTH, regular, public. First had an 11 streak, then a 8 or so streak, and then I cant recall. When It finally popped I ran away.

Mirjitsu

Noob
Tried to get Kahnum Mileena and made it to 25 streak in Endless and didn't unlock her so it could be tied to something else or just bugged.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Tried to get Kahnum Mileena and made it to 25 streak in Endless and didn't unlock her so it could be tied to something else or just bugged.
I unlocked her when I finished 21 wins in endless.
It worked for multiple people that way too.
So perhaps it is indeed bugged, or something else it doing on.

I unlocked her when I finished 21 wins in endless.
It worked for multiple people that way too.
So perhaps it is indeed bugged, or something else it doing on.
For me, I unlocked it in Endless as well. I can't recall if I got 19 or 20 wins straight, but it was one of those. I lost the 20th or 21st match, and then it popped.

Note I was playing as Mileena as she's my main.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
For me, I unlocked it in Endless as well. I can't recall if I got 19 or 20 wins straight, but it was one of those. I lost the 20th or 21st match, and then it popped.

Note I was playing as Mileena as she's my main.
I played Ermac when doing it, so I doubt which character you use has anything to do with it.

Mirjitsu

Noob
Nope. 25 straight with Sub. I only stopped because I didn't notice it as a post-match reward after 20 and figured I would get it at the main menu. Pretty weird.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Short question concerning krypt in general (probably not the best place to ask but I dunno where I should): what's with fatalities unlocked before finding them in the krypt? Are they replaced with coin chests like skins are or not?

Short question concerning krypt in general (probably not the best place to ask but I dunno where I should): what's with fatalities unlocked before finding them in the krypt? Are they replaced with coin chests like skins are or not?
While I'm not 100% sure, if it works like past Krypts, then nope. You still get the unlock chest for something you already unlocked.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
While I'm not 100% sure, if it works like past Krypts, then nope. You still get the unlock chest for something you already unlocked.
But skins don't work like past krypts, to which several people ITT attest, so..?

It's just stupid amount of grind, so I'm looking for any way to shorten it...

But skins don't work like past krypts, to which several people ITT attest, so..?

It's just stupid amount of grind, so I'm looking for any way to shorten it...
The general alternate skins do though. All secondary skins can be bought in the Krypt, or unlocked by beating Klassic Ladder.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The general alternate skins do though. All secondary skins can be bought in the Krypt, or unlocked by beating Klassic Ladder.
Erm... Isn't that something I was saying? :confused:
Apparently, if you unlock second skin in klassic tower, you will get koin chest in krypt later on instead of said (already unlocked) skin.
Fatalities can be unlocked by performing them in a match - they will be shown as unlocked from then on.
So I wonder what will happen when they are found in krypt after that.

Erm... Isn't that something I was saying? :confused:
Apparently, if you unlock second skin in klassic tower, you will get koin chest in krypt later on instead of said (already unlocked) skin.
Fatalities can be unlocked by performing them in a match - they will be shown as unlocked from then on.
So I wonder what will happen when they are found in krypt after that.
I don't know, is it? You mentioned grinding, so I assumed you meant that there are now unlockable skins (Hotshot Johnny Cage, Dark Emperor Liu Kang) as well as standard alternates unlocked in the Krypt.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I don't know, is it? You mentioned grinding, so I assumed you meant that there are now unlockable skins (Hotshot Johnny Cage, Dark Emperor Liu Kang) as well as standard alternates unlocked in the Krypt.
Never heard of that TBH. Only wanted to know if fatalities work the same way as skins do.
Yeah, I said it's a bit off-topic :p