What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Hmm I unlocked Rev. Liu Kang after 26 wins in ranked, wasn't a high streak though, so I guess you have to win 25-26 matches in ranked.

Numerous reports now have said ~25 wins, but I noticed some people had 25 wins and then got him unlocked after doing a PvE match in a tower.
It appears he unlocks after 25 ranked wins followed by winning another match or doing a pve match.
It seems a bit buggy or something.

So I have five more skins to go, and then I've unlocked all in the game. This excludes the Gold and Kold War Scorpion skins, which I believe are unavailable at the moment to those with the PC version, any related to the Mobile Game, as I don't have an iOS or Android phone, and the Samurai Pack since I'm not going to buy the Kombat Pass until it's on sale.

The skins I have left to unlock are:

- Revenant Jax
- Hot Shot Johnny Cage
- Revenant Kitana
- Revenant Liu Kang
- Dark Emperor Liu Kang

For Revenant Jax, where do I find Kustom Kombat? Is that offline? I have played the game online yet, so Hot Shot Cage, Revenant Kitana, and Revenant Liu Kang will need to wait a little (I really want the Kitana one though). I'll likely go for Dark Emperor Liu Kang, since that seems easy enough.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
So I have five more skins to go, and then I've unlocked all in the game. This excludes the Gold and Kold War Scorpion skins, which I believe are unavailable at the moment to those with the PC version, any related to the Mobile Game, as I don't have an iOS or Android phone, and the Samurai Pack since I'm not going to buy the Kombat Pass until it's on sale.

- Revenant Jax
- Hot Shot Johnny Cage
- Revenant Kitana
- Revenant Liu Kang
- Dark Emperor Liu Kang

For Revenant Jax, where do I find Kustom Kombat? Is that offline? I have played the game online yet, so Hot Shot Cage, Revenant Kitana, and Revenant Liu Kang will need to wait a little (I really want the Kitana one though). I'll likely go for Dark Emperor Liu Kang, since that seems easy enough.
Its offline when you go to 2 players.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast

- Revenant Jax
- Hot Shot Johnny Cage
- Revenant Kitana
- Revenant Liu Kang
- Dark Emperor Liu Kang

Yes, I unlocked Jax with 2 player offline Kustom Kombat. Dark Emperor is easy too, just takes a while, monotonous. 10 Challenge Towers...

Yes, I unlocked Jax with 2 player offline Kustom Kombat. Dark Emperor is easy too, just takes a while, monotonous. 10 Challenge Towers...
Yeah, that's okay though. There's no announcement for when you earn it, I'm guessing. It just appears unlocked in your Kollection once you meet the requirements?

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Yeah, that's okay though. There's no announcement for when you earn it, I'm guessing. It just appears unlocked in your Kollection once you meet the requirements?
You should get a pop-up if you unlock them. Only Revenant Kitana is "silent" afaik.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Dark Empress Kitana was also "silent."
actually...I got a notification for Dark Empress Kitana but not the Revenant one. that one was silent. I think they are intended to notify you but it may be a bug. I also unlocked her before the recent patch so maybe that is it too? I dunno. Regardless...for anyone unsure of any skin I would check your collection of all charactes and check cuz it may not even be highlighted as updated but the character will be the right there unlocked. I think in some cases it unlocked but you have to restart the game or system to see it. this is just from my experience. One a side note...I really wish they would allow you to play as the skin without the fancy variation effects on some costumes. Kitana most notably. When playing in Royal storm mode she obviously has no mask and her assasin mode heavily darkens or makes her face mask and boots straight up black. which sorta looks odd on her klassic costume. It's not like the other fighter can't see what variation you are using as it clearly states on the name bar. Anyway...minor complaint but it still bugs me a tad cuz really no variation of her costume is the actual one. the Mornful is robably closest but she has the glowing staff and boomerang thing on her back. anyhow...I digress.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Hmm I unlocked Rev. Liu Kang after 26 wins in ranked, wasn't a high streak though, so I guess you have to win 25-26 matches in ranked.

Numerous reports now have said ~25 wins, but I noticed some people had 25 wins and then got him unlocked after doing a PvE match in a tower.
It appears he unlocks after 25 ranked wins followed by winning another match or doing a pve match.
It seems a bit buggy or something.
Yes your right. I just got mine at 26 wins. I'm never playing ranked ever again. just... Man I'm just glad I got it. 25-26 wins guys. Go get your skins.

TwistedGamesMK

PSN: twistedgaming99
For Major Blade, who i didnt get even though i beat the entire story mode (wtf), do you have to not skip fights in the chapter?

so, no news of Johnny Cage Klassic skin? awwww.. i know pretty much that his Tournament skin is very close to his MK1 skin, but i'd like to see that old costume with his shorts and no tattoo on his chest.

so, no news of Johnny Cage Klassic skin? awwww.. i know pretty much that his Tournament skin is very close to his MK1 skin, but i'd like to see that old costume with his shorts and no tattoo on his chest.
His Tournament Skin, and most of the Tournament Skins, are based off of their Mortal Kombat (2011) looks.

actually...I got a notification for Dark Empress Kitana but not the Revenant one. that one was silent. I think they are intended to notify you but it may be a bug. I also unlocked her before the recent patch so maybe that is it too? I dunno. Regardless...for anyone unsure of any skin I would check your collection of all charactes and check cuz it may not even be highlighted as updated but the character will be the right there unlocked. I think in some cases it unlocked but you have to restart the game or system to see it. this is just from my experience. One a side note...I really wish they would allow you to play as the skin without the fancy variation effects on some costumes. Kitana most notably. When playing in Royal storm mode she obviously has no mask and her assasin mode heavily darkens or makes her face mask and boots straight up black. which sorta looks odd on her klassic costume. It's not like the other fighter can't see what variation you are using as it clearly states on the name bar. Anyway...minor complaint but it still bugs me a tad cuz really no variation of her costume is the actual one. the Mornful is robably closest but she has the glowing staff and boomerang thing on her back. anyhow...I digress.
It was stated in one of the Kombat Kasts that the visual differences per variation were done as another way to tell variations apart at a glance. Less chance of confusion. I'm personally okay with it, as it adds slightly different style per costume.

Anyone know how to select Player 2 colours though? Haven't figured that out yet.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It was stated in one of the Kombat Kasts that the visual differences per variation were done as another way to tell variations apart at a glance. Less chance of confusion. I'm personally okay with it, as it adds slightly different style per costume.

Anyone know how to select Player 2 colours though? Haven't figured that out yet.
pushing start button (option button in PS4 / Xbox one) in the selection screen when chosing what costume you want .... same stuff as MK9

Heartwire

Awesomesauce

Press 1 during character select to select costume, and instead of pressing 3 to confirm your costume choice press Options/Start

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
So the Hot Shot JC Skin eludes me. I played with a friend online and got a 10 streak on SKOTH, but no skin. So idk who reported that but it wasn't because of the streak as far as I know. Unless you have to beat the king first, I started as King, then it doesn't work