What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I just played "new towers". Not created by myself, not by friends either though.
Yeah new towers are the ones you create.
I'd give it maybe 1 or 2 more goes and see if it unlocks.
It could be delayed (like buggy).
But AFAIK, everyone who has tried this unlocked the skin.
Of course you have to complete every tower but I'm sure you're doing that already.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Yeah new towers are the ones you create.
I'd give it maybe 1 or 2 more goes and see if it unlocks.
It could be delayed (like buggy).
But AFAIK, everyone who has tried this unlocked the skin.
Of course you have to complete every tower but I'm sure you're doing that already.
So just 10 challenge towers... alright, I'll give it another try. Is it true that I don't have to do the actual challenges?

OFF TOPIC!!!! I just dont know where top post this, HOW do I make Invasion tower or invasion boss to work, mine are both red, cant play those, and yes I do have the game fully downloaded, please quote me with an answer.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
I'm currently grinding for Level 10 specials to unlock Revenant Liu Kang. I will post the result here for 100% confirmation for those who don't wanna deal with the online alternative method. I'm at level 9 right now, and I've already gotten every other skin so this is my last one.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Not sure if posted but I unlocked Revenant sub by doing 9\10 of the test your might one day and then restarted it today and got it after completing the first level of TYM. I think its complete ten levels and not the whole thing.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Can confirm the 10 survival streak for Hotshot like others have said. Got to a 10 streak and it popped straight after the match screen finished.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm currently grinding for Level 10 specials to unlock Revenant Liu Kang. I will post the result here for 100% confirmation for those who don't wanna deal with the online alternative method. I'm at level 9 right now, and I've already gotten every other skin so this is my last one.
Was going to say, i won 10 ranked in a row and didnt get him!!

How do we rank up specials? Im level 8 currently.

I also read a rumor that if you do 10 challenge towers you get lk revenant but i think thats bs

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Big note about the Revenant Kitana skin: It won't tell you when you have gotten it. You'll just have to look through skins on player select.

On a different note, anyone having issues linking their WB play account to their mobile and console game? Cause mine sure isn't working.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I got a 10 streak and it didn't unlock :(
Given I've only played 20 games of survivor overall the other 10 being an 8 and 2 streak I was certain this has to be the criteria given other people mentioning it, although given the rest of the costumes acting a bit strange maybe some have multiple?

Gegz

It's all in the game yo'
I'd like to boost the Hotshot costume (And also helps other people doin' it) but i guess it's not possible with US players if i'm from Europe ?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'd like to boost the Hotshot costume (And also helps other people doin' it) but i guess it's not possible with US players if i'm from Europe ?
I'm from UK and if you play on PS4 we should be able to do it, add me Undeadjim.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
On a different note, anyone having issues linking their WB play account to their mobile and console game? Cause mine sure isn't working.
YES!! I've been trying everyday to get these to link together but still NOTHING. I'm logged into my account on both versions but they never sync up to give me the unlocks. Huge fail by NRS.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Alright, the method that was rumored to unlock Revenant Liu Kang by upgrading your Specials Level to 10.... is bullshit. MKF30, it didn't unlock for me either.

So it seems Ranked matches are the only way to go right now. I was playing last night with a bad connection, and it seems every time the game automatically kicked me and the other player out, it counted as a win for me each time. So I wonder if this will actually unlock Rev Liu. I'll post again the result. God I hate laggy online shit.

Hey all,

Somewhat related question: the Krypt, I think I finished unlocking almost everything (I can still hear a chest spawning somewhere in the Spider cave area, but can't find it so I'll need to look it up online), but I've still got lots of items locked. I take it gambling is the way to get the rest?

Also, in the Acid Pool area where you use Reptile's Claw (near Shao Khan's tomb), the two spawning chests behind the bloodfalls, do they keep spawning after opening for anyone else? I bought those chests a few days ago, loaded the Krypt up last night and those two chests are still spawning in, but I can no longer interact with them.

I'm assuming a bug.

Thanks!

3nany

Noob
Hey all,

Somewhat related question: the Krypt, I think I finished unlocking almost everything (I can still hear a chest spawning somewhere in the Spider cave area, but can't find it so I'll need to look it up online), but I've still got lots of items locked. I take it gambling is the way to get the rest?

Also, in the Acid Pool area where you use Reptile's Claw (near Shao Khan's tomb), the two spawning chests behind the bloodfalls, do they keep spawning after opening for anyone else? I bought those chests a few days ago, loaded the Krypt up last night and those two chests are still spawning in, but I can no longer interact with them.

I'm assuming a bug.

Thanks!
yes have the same bug. dont miss the normal chests at the acid pools. and yes a lot of stuff is unlocked via the gambling station. mostly concept,music,emoticons and backgrounds. one or two brutalities i think.

yes have the same bug. dont miss the normal chests at the acid pools. and yes a lot of stuff is unlocked via the gambling station. mostly concept,music,emoticons and backgrounds. one or two brutalities i think.
Okay, good, so I'm not actually missing those chests then.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hey all,

I'm assuming a bug.

Thanks!
Same with the reappearing chest, to the left of the lever, by the Spikes where you have to use Ermac's hovering ability.

Same with the reappearing chest, to the left of the lever, by the Spikes where you have to use Ermac's hovering ability.
Hmmm... I haven't encountered that one.

Question, is there a constantly reappearing chest in the Spider area? Maybe the one I'm hearing but can never find there is one of those.