What's new

MKX Tier List Presented by YOMI (Rv1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Well, that's how a tier list is supposed to be done for a 90 character fighter. Not in terms of numerical order, but in terms of which variations are good and which ones are not. The process of creating a tier list in today's generation of fgc players has been done in somewhat of a hasty manner. I'm no veteran, but I've always watched fgc players since I was 15 years of age. The process on how a tier list is made requires some research on what tools the character may or may not have, their matchups, pros, cons, et cetera. So far, I've been seeing tier lists drop based on just theories and who may be broken within the 5 minute time it took to make that list. Now, I'm not saying that this tier list was just excreted out, because Yomi has some talented players in their ranks, but I'm curious as to where they've obtained their information from. Is it just solely based on what a character has, because last I check Tanya was just released and to say she's the best in the game already is a bit rash, wouldn't you agree? The character hasn't been fleshed out enough to determine whether she is truly the best or not. For example, look at Fire Fist Liu Kang. He got a major buff and everyone is already crying for nerfs, but some players in the community have found ways to deal with FF Liu Kang which makes the fight not one sided. As a community, we need to stop making tier lists a priority and put that on the back burner for a little while. We need to flesh out the game together as one to figure out what needs to be fixed, who is good, who is not, and what's viable. If we rush a list so soon it wont come out well. It's kind of like a soufflé. It is a delicate matter that needs time and patience to make.

On the subject on how the tier list wold be constructed, It wouldn't be a number based tier list. They would be grouped in by letters, like what a majority of tier lists for fighters are presented in. A fighting game that has something similar to variations is Melty Blood and their tier list is similar. Here is an example of tier list for Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code. I'm no Melty Blood pro, however, information is information. For those who are Melty Blood players if I have some form of misinformation please correct me on this. Thank you in advance.

http://www.round1.sg/forums/index.php?topic=539.0

As you can see the character are listed based on tier and their variation. Melty Blood isn't like MKX where they character plays completley different from the other variations, example: Kano Cybernetic vs. Kano Commando. The character simply has some changes in special moves, normals, and/or moves have been replaced. Kind of like half the variations in MKX. The difference is that this is what the creators of Melty Blood intended, unlike NRS who ran out of ideas and just did whatever. One would choose what variation for said character they desired to play by selecting a moon phase. Either Full, Half, or Crescent. Melty Blood's character roster is a lot smaller than MKX, but with the moon phases added in it kind of adds more options for the character. Another game that did something similar to MKX and Melty Blood was Arcana Hearts. You chose a character and a Arcana which added elements and/or mechanics to that characters game play. So, the tier list was rather large as well due to the diverse pool of options for each character.

Hope this clarifies what I was trying to present in my previous post.
Yeah I agree. But a tier like that would be done probably when the next Kombat pack is near its end or past it. For now we have to settle with a unfleshed list based off of a characters best variation and the little knowledge we know now.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Regarding Kenshi, Kenjutsu and Possessed Kenshi are super viable. Dunno about Balanced, he seems abit underwhelming. The other two variations though are really strong.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Balanced is his easiest and best zoning variation. I think Kenjutsu is really good too. Possessed I'm not to high on. I think its pretty gimmicky. But at the same time, I've put more time into Mileena than Kenshi. Mainly cause Balanced Kenshi is my 2nd lol. Just like Wetdoba mentioned.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Theres a lot of caracters that i neither feel stronger nor weaker than the others. Tier list should be rated in classes like: S, A, A+, B!! i dont know if we got any C in mkx!

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
It just doesnt make sense to me. Kortal Kahn and Jacqui should not be behind Jason, reptile and ferrah/torr. That is crazy.Erron Black and Sonya should be around the top 5 area, even after the patch.I think Scopion should be a little higher because that patch really destroyed him. Finally Liu Kang and Kitana should be a little lower, around 11 and 12. Flame fist Kang is reallyy good now and Kitana got some nice buffs to make her alot more dangerous.

Don't even bother talking to him, it's pointless. He's completely clueless, just ignore him like most people here.

This post doesn't help their situation out, though. And I find it funny how someone has an opinion and if it's not supported with another person, they automatically become ignored.

in all honestly tier lists are just excuses for people use to justify why they lost or why someone did better." off course he won picked Tanya or I only lost because because I picked Johnny Cage."yes some characters design are better others they have better tools but players make the character not the other way around.

in all honestly tier lists are just excuses for people use to justify why they lost or why someone did better." off course he won picked Tanya or I only lost because because I picked Johnny Cage."yes some characters design are better others they have better tools but players make the character not the other way around.
They aren't designed to do that but some people do use them for that. Low tier heroes are the most annoying type of FG player.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Balanced is his easiest and best zoning variation. I think Kenjutsu is really good too. Possessed I'm not to high on. I think its pretty gimmicky. But at the same time, I've put more time into Mileena than Kenshi. Mainly cause Balanced Kenshi is my 2nd lol. Just like Wetdoba mentioned.
You are right. Possessed is the weakest for a couple of reasons.

J1 loses its range a really good air normal in the other 2 variations. His ex rk in possessed leads to little damage making anti airs not as threatening as his other variations. His ex demon slam doesn't have armor making it not a reliable reversal/wakeup. He uses meter for high dmg combos so he must avoid waking up and ex aas to save meter for combos and breaker or sacrifice dmg for the others. His zoning is much weaker due to no reflect and being able to run through tele furry.

Just a few things.

Immortal

Blind justice....
You are right. Possessed is the weakest for a couple of reasons.

J1 loses its range a really good air normal in the other 2 variations. His ex rk in possessed leads to little damage making anti airs not as threatening as his other variations. His ex demon slam doesn't have armor making it not a reliable reversal/wakeup. He uses meter for high dmg combos so he must avoid waking up and ex aas to save meter for combos and breaker or sacrifice dmg for the others. His zoning is much weaker due to no reflect and being able to run through tele furry.

Just a few things.
This exactly plus you can add:

- tele flurry not only lacks run tracking but is also -23 on block

- gaps in strings which you can easily armor throu

- teleport is easy to punish on reaction and has bazillion of startup frames

- overhead which lead to absolutely nothing and is full combo punishable on block.

Possessed is by a good distance the weakest of Kenshi variations.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Surprised I rarely see D'vorah's lack of wake up armor mentioned. She is really great, but its similar to Quan on wake up. She has no good options when cornered and down.
So much this. The very best characters have at least a decent wake up option. I still think she's great, but D'Vorah really reminds me of SF4s Cody: solid normals and damage but weak zoning and horrible when knocked down.

Normal amulet is punishable on block and you can interrupt with armor or backdash both EX and normal Amulet after f22, there is a gap.
Edit: it also gives +14 on block where f22xxHell Sparks MB 2nd hit can't be interrupted with armor, does more chip and leaves you at +24.
hank you for the clarification., I need this for my improvements with Shinnok. You got XBONE for some online matches?

Runks

Noob
Goro is only bottom of this list cuz foreverking is ass with the character lol... That character is dirty and no one pays attention to that frame data.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Goro isn't that bad, the down side is he is super free to jumping, he can control a grounded opponent very well, its all the flying Sonya's Scorpions, Tanya's, Kung Jins and on and on that give him trouble, which is a good portion of the top tier.

adamlon1

Noob
I remember the days when Takeda, Scorpion, Kung Jin and Sub-Zero were considered the best of the best my oh my how things change (RIP every top player's pocket Takeda)

Goro isn't that bad, the down side is he is super free to jumping, he can control a grounded opponent very well, its all the flying Sonya's Scorpions, Tanya's, Kung Jins and on and on that give him trouble, which is a good portion of the top tier.
In a game where jumping is AMAZING......

Status
Not open for further replies.