What's new

MKX Tier List Presented by YOMI (Rv1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think so, it's a nice ender to F22 and you can mix it up after it. Unless I'm off, it's not that bad off of a blocked opponent.
Normal amulet is punishable on block and you can interrupt with armor or backdash both EX and normal Amulet after f22, there is a gap.
Edit: it also gives +14 on block where f22xxHell Sparks MB 2nd hit can't be interrupted with armor, does more chip and leaves you at +24.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Wat? Jacqui has terrible anti-airs. You've got to be shitting me.
Up rocket is great and has almost no recovery. Maybe against cross ups she's got nothing (I mean most characters have nothing on cross ups) but that move gets a ton of damage if they jump at you and it's not even a huge risk because of the small recovery.

coolwhip

Noob
The advantage does make a difference for me. After ex hat spin on block you have to run up to do another 11212. You can do a long run and do grab after the grab immunity wears off and mix it up with a string anyway and if the opponent tried to tech the grab they will get launched. The +27 allows creativity imo, tye variation already doesnt allow a lot of creativity. I do think they should only do this after ex hat spin is cancelled from a string and not a raw ex hat spin into run ins.
Yeah, of course it makes a difference that is beneficial to Kung Lao. But, as long as whatever advantage he gets off an ex hat spin guarantees a free block string, it's going to be more or less the same from the opponent's perspective, who will just have to block and hold that. Which is why I'm saying if the answer to the cries for ex hat spin nerf is to reduce the block advantage all the while still guaranteeing a block string, it won't make much of a difference since he'll still be building tons of meter, doing chip, getting a grab mix-up, etc...while the opponent can do nothing but block or tech the grab on a read.

So if it's going to be nerfed, then it should either be reduced to where it's still advantage on block but opponent can armor out of the follow-up (which would create mind games, reads, etc...), or like you suggested earlier, the hat spin has more cool down after an ex hat spin to where Lao can't loop it.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think people arguing tier placement based on tournament results need to realize that the game is not even 3 months old and was patched only a week ago. Im sure theres plenty of untapped potential in a lot of characters. think it's obvious that this list is kind if a rough estimate by the yomi guys and is most likely going to change, especially with more patches on the way.

Aa for scorpion, does he really struggle in any match ups or do the better characters just have more winning matches? I know the recent nerfs to hellfire hurt his placement and I honestly don't have any match experience vs a good amount of the cast because I don't really play online. @YOMI MITYEAP who would you say he struggles against the most in hellfire? Also are you finding ninjitsu to outpreform hellfire in any specific matchups due to the damage buffs?

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
It's funny how you think you undeniably know better than me, the entirety of Yomi, and everyone else in this thread who is agreeing on it. You on the other hand, are just agreeing with a guy who's only argument so far is pointing out a spelling mistake.

It's also funny how you are so salty about this thread that you carry it over to people's status's and start whining about everyone up-playing Kenshi, on completely unrelated statements.

The funniest thing to me however, is the how people with the weakest arguments seem to rely the most heavily on insults and obnoxious images :D

You're done bro. Get out of this thread before you end up lookin even worse.
No argument to be made with you and your post history. Your argument is always: You're downplaying, I know more. Doesn't make for good discussion either buddy.

You also talk about people's opinions and insulting yours yet the post I quoted of you was insulting on its own, simply because those people don't agree with you. It was angry and bitter hence the picture because there's no discussion to be made when expecting to get such replies.

And I'm not agreeing with anyone, in my book Kenshi is not 6th place but is possible top 10 (maybe 8-12th place as a character overall.) not top 5 though. Still too early to tell.

Also there's a LOT of Kenshi and non-Kenshi players that disagree with the list, just do a search on Kenshi refer to this thread and see that there's too many to quote.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
No argument to be made with you and your post history. Your argument is always: You're downplaying, I know more. Doesn't make for good discussion either buddy.

You also talk about people's opinions and insulting yours yet the post I quoted of you was insulting on its own, simply because those people don't agree with you. It was angry and bitter hence the picture because there's no discussion to be made when expecting to get such replies.

And I'm not agreeing with anyone, in my book Kenshi is not 6th place but is possible top 10 (maybe 8-12th place as a character overall.) not top 5 though. Still too early to tell.

Also there's a LOT of Kenshi and non-Kenshi players that disagree with the list, just do a search on Kenshi refer to this thread and see that there's too many to quote.
There's far more players agreeing with the list and saying nothing contrary about Kenshi's placing in it, than there is disagreeing with it however.

You keep saying I'm bitter - what do I have to be bitter about? :confused: My secondary is Kenjutsu bro, I benefit MASSIVELY from his buffs. Unlike certain others, I'm not going to complain constantly about people being realistic with this character's placing, or start raging on other people's status's about "all the morons up-playing Kenshi have no idea how this game works" etc when it's barely even relevant to the person's status, shit is just cringeworthy ass downplaying, no other words for it. I'm thinking perhaps you misunderstood, I'm literally lol'ing at Immortal still doing his ridiculous song and dance. Everywhere.

I made a post in here about one of the rudest members I've seen on this forum, doing his usual "talk down to everyone, downplay Kenshi at all costs, question the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with him" gig. And he kept doing just that, just kept proving the point.

I can respect those opinions, quite thoroughly. 8-12, fair enough. Not too much of a far cry, for a character that hasn't had a big competitive impact (yet). I think Kenjutsu is definitely think he's just outside the top 5 as a character however, I'd go 6-8 personally. It isn't about me being insulting to anyone having different opinion, it was me talking about someone DOING JUST THAT. You can see why the other guy thought you guys were just proving my point, when the two of you started responding with nothing but more insults, obnoxious pictures, and pointing out typos. It's ok to have differing opinions on tier'ing guys, you don't have to go to war with everyone who feels otherwise :):x:x:x

Last edited:

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
There's far more players agreeing with the list and saying nothing contrary about Kenshi's placing in it, than there is disagreeing with it however.

You keep saying I'm bitter - what do I have to be bitter about? :confused: My secondary is Kenjutsu bro, I benefit MASSIVELY from his buffs. Unlike certain others, I'm not going to complain constantly about people being realistic with this character's placing, or start raging on other people's status's about "all the morons up-playing Kenshi have no idea how this game works" etc when it's barely even relevant. I'm thinking perhaps you misunderstood, I'm literally lol'ing at Immortal still doing his ridiculous song and dance. Everywhere.

I made a post in here about one of the rudest members I've seen on this forum, doing his usual "talk down to everyone, downplay Kenshi at all costs, question the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with him" gig. And he kept doing just that, and as the other poster said, you guys were pretty much just proving my point.

I can respect those opinions, quite thoroughly. 8-12, fair enough. Not too much of a far cry, for a character that hasn't had a big competitive impact (yet). I think Kenjutsu is definitely think he's just outside the top 5 as a character however, I'd go 6-8 personally. It isn't about me being insulting to anyone having different opinion, it was me talking about someone DOING JUST THAT. You can see why people thought you guys were just proving my point, when the two of you started responding with more insults, obnoxious pictures, pointing out typos, and just being general dicks. It's ok to have differing opinions on tier'ing guys, you don't have to go to war with everyone who feels otherwise :):x:x:x
Well your post seemed arrogant towards people disagreeing not just a person. But yeah it's cool to have different opinions never had a problem with that.

Hard to argue with the very top, but... No. I disagree.

Takeda is WAY better than people are pretending. He's not top ten, but he isn't as low as that.

Erron Black and Kung Jin are both better than Jax, Shinnok, and Kenshi.

Kitana is better than Mileena after the latest patch just because of how much safer she is.

Reptile, Takeda, Jacqui are all imo better than Johnny. There's no way I'd put Jacqui that low. I'd be curious to know the reason.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Cassie in the correct place on the tier list. This is why I love the Yomi guys

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Up rocket is great and has almost no recovery. Maybe against cross ups she's got nothing (I mean most characters have nothing on cross ups) but that move gets a ton of damage if they jump at you and it's not even a huge risk because of the small recovery.
Up rocket has 12 frames of startup meaning it can't really be done on reaction, it has to be done on read. It won't catch crossups, it won't anti-air jumps from close distance, and I don't know where you've got your info from, but it has 174 frames of recovery; it is very much unsafe on whiff.

High tech and shotgun also have no anti-airs (high tech has df2 which is 15 frames and sucks balls) and her jumps ins are shit so she can't even air to air opponents.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Up rocket has 12 frames of startup meaning it can't really be done on reaction, it has to be done on read. It won't catch crossups, it won't anti-air jumps from close distance, and I don't know where you've got your info from, but it has 174 frames of recovery; it is very much unsafe on whiff.

High tech and shotgun also have no anti-airs (high tech has df2 which is 15 frames and sucks balls) and her jumps ins are shit so she can't even air to air opponents.
I'll take your word on the frame data. All I know is Jacqui is one of the characters I've had the least trouble with when it comes to anti-airing. And obviously I'm not talking about the other 2 variations come on.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

Up Rocket doesn't have 174 frames of recovery, the frame data is wrong for sure. From mid range distance even if Jaquie whiffs she is safe against most of the roster, it recovers extremely fast.

12 frames of startup is far from bad. It is actually a decent option in a game like MKX, where good anti airs are something almost no character has.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Up Rocket doesn't have 174 frames of recovery, the frame data is wrong for sure. From mid range distance even if Jaquie whiffs she is safe against most of the roster, it recovers extremely fast.

12 frames of startup is far from bad. It is actually a decent option in a game like MKX, where good anti airs are something almost no character has.
It is not wrong, I've tested it myself. It's just she recovers before the hitbox of the missiles leaves the screen. Midscreen I think every character can punish a whiffed db2 by running in for full combo.

12 frames is bad if it doesn't anti-air in the space right above her head. By the time the rockets are out, unless they've jumped from max distance, they are gonna whiff and you are gonna eat a full combo. When you see Jacqui players consistently anti-airing, it's because they are reading you are gonna jump, or they have conditioned you to do so. It's very rarely because they react to your jump in.

I'm very happy with her rocket having the properties it has now, but to call it a 'very good anti-air' is simply not true.

Also, about high tech and shotgun?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
It is not wrong, I've tested it myself. Midscreen I think every character can punish a whiffed db2 by running in for full combo.

12 frames is bad if it doesn't anti-air in the space right above her head. By the time the rockets are out, unless they've jumped from max distance, they are gonna whiff and you are gonna eat a full combo. When you see Jacqui players consistently anti-airing, it's because they are reading you are gonna jump, or they have conditioned you to do so. It's very rarely because they react to your jump in.

I'm very happy with her rocket having the properties it has now, but to call it a 'very good anti-air' is simply not true.

Also, about high tech and shotgun?
Look, I tested it just now. The move recovers almost instantly, it has less than 20 frames of recovery.
If it had 174 frames of recovery It would take almost 3 full seconds to recover from an up rocket...but that's not the case; I tried ducking Up Missile from zero distance and using different moves to punish it:

Kung Jin f2 is 19 frames and it doesn't work, Jaquie blocks everytime; standing 4 is 14 and works but looks an extremely tight punish, so I think the move recovers in around 17 frames.

From midscreen is nearly impossible to punish even with super reactions, the up rocket will hit the opponent in the face if he tries to punish too early.

* I don't know anything about High Tech and Shotgun sorry, I don't really know what moves she has in those variations :p

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
My changes in red:

1.) Tanya
2.) Kung Lao
3.) D'Vorah (up 1 spot)
4.) Raiden (down 1 spot)
5.) Quan Chi
6.) Shinnok (up 2 spots)
7.) Cassie Cage
8.) Kung Jin (up 4 spots)
9.) Jax
10.) Sonya Blade (up 1 spot)
11.) Erron Black (down 1 spot)
12.) Ermac (up 1 spot)
13.) Scorpion (up 2 spots)
14.) Kenshi (down 8 spots)
15.) Sub Zero (down 1 spot)
16.) Liu Kang (up 2 spots)
17.) Kano (down 1 spot)
18.) Johnny Cage (down 1 spot)
19.) Ferra/Torr (up 3 spots)
20.) Kotal Kahn (up 4 spots)
21.) Reptile
22.) Kitana (down 2 spots)
23.) Jason
24.) Mileena (down 5 spots)
25.) Jacqui
26.) Takeda
27.) Goro

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I think Cassie Cage should be better than Quan. And Kitana + Mileena is obviously better than Jaqqui and Takeda after the patch

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
My changes in red:

1.) Tanya
2.) Kung Lao
3.) D'Vorah (up 1 spot)
4.) Raiden (down 1 spot)
5.) Quan Chi
6.) Shinnok (up 2 spots) Kenshi
7.) Cassie Cage
8.) Kung Jin (up 4 spots)
9.) Jax
10.) Sonya Blade (up 1 spot)
11.) Erron Black (down 1 spot)
12.) Ermac (up 1 spot)
13.) Scorpion (up 2 spots)
14.) Kenshi (down 8 spots)
15.) Sub Zero (down 1 spot)
16.) Liu Kang (up 2 spots)
17.) Kano (down 1 spot)
18.) Johnny Cage (down 1 spot)
19.) Ferra/Torr (up 3 spots)
20.) Kotal Kahn (up 4 spots)
21.) Reptile
22.) Kitana (down 2 spots)
23.) Jason
24.) Mileena (down 5 spots)
25.) Jacqui
26.) Takeda
27.) Goro
I actually agree with this quite a bit, except for Mileena. She is not worse than Jason or Reptile. I'd go
16. Liu Kang
17.Johnny Cage
18. Mileena
19. Reptile
20. Ferra/Torr
21. Kotal Kahn
Kitana, Jason, Jacqui, Takeda.
Again just IMO these are all just abritrary lists anyways no big deal. Just another way to kill time

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Anyone who says Kotal is way too low coincidentally is in one or both of these situations

Plays bad competition
Gets away with murder

Let me know when your offline scene starts punishing those yolo oh/low swords you throw out.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I actually agree with this quite a bit, except for Mileena. She is not worse than Jason or Reptile. I'd go
16. Liu Kang
17.Johnny Cage
18. Mileena
19. Reptile
20. Ferra/Torr
21. Kotal Kahn
Kitana, Jason, Jacqui, Takeda.
Again just IMO these are all just abritrary lists anyways no big deal. Just another way to kill time
I can respect that, but what did you do with Kano? lol

And, even if no one replies to my lists, I just like making lists haha.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
I can respect that, but what did you do with Kano? lol

And, even if no one replies to my lists, I just like making lists haha.
Kano? Oops below Ferra but above Kahn. It gets real hard doing the bottom half of a list tbh lots of different and quite frankly valid arguments can be made for placement for each.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Not everyone knows all of the variations. I doubt most people know anything about hat trick/ethereal/shaolin. Now with about 90 characters, it would be pointless in my opinion to name every single one based off of variation. What difference does it make being #56 or #60 in that list. Doing a tier list off of a characters best variation makes the most sense to me.

I would of liked the list to be S+ S A+... Format though
Well, that's how a tier list is supposed to be done for a 90 character fighter. Not in terms of numerical order, but in terms of which variations are good and which ones are not. The process of creating a tier list in today's generation of fgc players has been done in somewhat of a hasty manner. I'm no veteran, but I've always watched fgc players since I was 15 years of age. The process on how a tier list is made requires some research on what tools the character may or may not have, their matchups, pros, cons, et cetera. So far, I've been seeing tier lists drop based on just theories and who may be broken within the 5 minute time it took to make that list. Now, I'm not saying that this tier list was just excreted out, because Yomi has some talented players in their ranks, but I'm curious as to where they've obtained their information from. Is it just solely based on what a character has, because last I check Tanya was just released and to say she's the best in the game already is a bit rash, wouldn't you agree? The character hasn't been fleshed out enough to determine whether she is truly the best or not. For example, look at Fire Fist Liu Kang. He got a major buff and everyone is already crying for nerfs, but some players in the community have found ways to deal with FF Liu Kang which makes the fight not one sided. As a community, we need to stop making tier lists a priority and put that on the back burner for a little while. We need to flesh out the game together as one to figure out what needs to be fixed, who is good, who is not, and what's viable. If we rush a list so soon it wont come out well. It's kind of like a soufflé. It is a delicate matter that needs time and patience to make.

On the subject on how the tier list wold be constructed, It wouldn't be a number based tier list. They would be grouped in by letters, like what a majority of tier lists for fighters are presented in. A fighting game that has something similar to variations is Melty Blood and their tier list is similar. Here is an example of tier list for Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code. I'm no Melty Blood pro, however, information is information. For those who are Melty Blood players if I have some form of misinformation please correct me on this. Thank you in advance.

http://www.round1.sg/forums/index.php?topic=539.0

As you can see the character are listed based on tier and their variation. Melty Blood isn't like MKX where they character plays completley different from the other variations, example: Kano Cybernetic vs. Kano Commando. The character simply has some changes in special moves, normals, and/or moves have been replaced. Kind of like half the variations in MKX. The difference is that this is what the creators of Melty Blood intended, unlike NRS who ran out of ideas and just did whatever. One would choose what variation for said character they desired to play by selecting a moon phase. Either Full, Half, or Crescent. Melty Blood's character roster is a lot smaller than MKX, but with the moon phases added in it kind of adds more options for the character. Another game that did something similar to MKX and Melty Blood was Arcana Hearts. You chose a character and a Arcana which added elements and/or mechanics to that characters game play. So, the tier list was rather large as well due to the diverse pool of options for each character.

Hope this clarifies what I was trying to present in my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.