What's new

Combo List - Predator MKX Predator Combos Thread

shoJu

Noob
This might be known but you can start the corner combo (B311 > EX-SS > 4 > Up-PS > 4 > close GPS > 323+1 (50%)) with 32 instead for same damage (32 > EX-SS > 4 > Up-PS > 4 > close GPS > 323+1 (50%)) and its almost a mixup since the second hit is overhead.
You can also do 32 > plasma cancel > B311 > EX-SS > 4 > Up-PS > 4 > close GPS > 323+1 (50%) for a low starter after the overhead.

All of this is in the Hish-qu-ten variation.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
After some more testing with those corner combos, I found that using up plasma instead of ground plasma is slightly easier execution for the same damage.
Dude, I'm experiencing the exact opposite. I have zero issues with the ground plasma blast, but the upward almost never comes out. I get the normal level plasma blast instead nearly every time. It's incredibly annoying. No character in this game should have B,F+(insert button) and a D,F+(insert same button) as move notations, considering the way inputs work in this game. You accidentally hit D/B before doing the fireball motion and the game reads it as B,F. It's making me want to just use Hunter variation instead of the one that interests me most, which is Hish-Qu-Ten.

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
Since I didn't know there was a dedicated combo thread, I will move this here:

Here is what I have found so far. It is probably useless and garbage but I just sat in practice and tried to find combs. I figure some of them are easy to learn and memorize while being the beginning to bigger/better combos.

Universal:

32 bf4 [meterless] 20% (solid ended when applicable)

32 bf4EX, nj2, b22, bf4 [1 bar] 36%
32 bf4EX, nj2, b22, bf2, run, 32 bf4 [1 bar] ~41%( I only landed it once and I forgot the percentage. I know it was in this rage.)

Hunter:
Snag (far), d2, nj2,d2 [meterless] 29%
Snag, 32, NJ2,32 bf4 [meterless] 32%
Snag (far), 321+3, nj2, 32 bf4 [meterless] 42%

Snag, 32, NJ2,32 bf4EX, d2 [1 bar] 39%
Snag (far), 32 Grab, nj2, 32 bf4EX, d2 [1 bar] is 49%. I need a better ending to go over 50%.

I have a theoretical combo that I can not get to work after hours of effort. I should work but I suck:
Snag (far) 32 Grab, nj2,32 bf4EX, 32 bf4 or Grab [1 bar] ~52+%

Found one in warrior variation. I don't know how legit the combos are that start off with self detonate because it might be like Kotal's combos where he turns on all his damage buffs, BUT from mid screen you can get a 1 bar corner carry combo:

self-detonate >> B311 >> BF4 >> **detonate goes off**>> NJP >> FJK >> Air Smart Disc >> Run Cancel >> B22>> MB BF4>> 321+3 --> 47%.

This won't work already in the corner because the FJK>>Air Smart discs won't hit if they're already in the corner, and if you don't carry them to the corner on the last mb BF4 you won't hit the 321+3, but that can be substituted for 12BF1 for comparable dmg.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Someone find the best combo for f12u2 as its probably our most important combo starter. It's our fastest punisher but scales hella. The best I found was 25 meterless (plasma specific) midscreen. Let me know what you guys find.

I came up with pretty much the same thing, but I don't think you need to meter burn the first scimitar strike because the detonation will launch them anyways. You can meter burn the second one to get them to launch again and then go into 321+3, but that makes it a 2bar combo since you meter burned the detonation too.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
Not sure someone already posted but..

Hunter corner setup:

32 EX-DB4 NJP BJP~BF2 F4 35%
B311 EX-DB4 NJP BJP~BF2 F4 36%

F4 gives you a knockdown long enough for you to put down a close trap (DB4B) and be safe to block wakeups.
On some characters you have to walk back a slightly since F4 moves you foward and it might throw the trap offscreen. However, if its thrown offscreen, you can still do a combo, such as B311 Bomb Explotion NJP BJP~BF2 4~BF4 (33%) meterless.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
The initial JIP isn't comboing into the F212, I feel like they would be able to block in between there.
I missed timing in Warrior combo video, that's my mistake. You can see, that ji+2 is comboing into f212 in Hunter combo video.

huh

Noob
Greetings peeps
----------- UNIVERSAL -----------
Meterless

32 > EX-SS > NjP > JiP > BF2 > 323+1 (41%)
Just a correction: the combo above is 39%
For 41% you can do 32~EX bf4, NJP, JIK~bf2, run~4~bf4 (41%)

Also, for the 122 starter (universal) you can go

122~EX bf4, J3~bf2, run~4~bf4 (42%)

And in the universal combos, there is a F32 one. I think it is supposed to be 32.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Nice combo. Hopefully this doesn't get nerfed but someone out there will cry about it smh
I dont think it should because to set up this combo is hard in the midst of a fight against someone who isnt going to just stand there while you set up the trap and start your combo

Herrm

My blade thanks you.
Here are some great kombos from every variation (including no variation) from a guy that makes some of the best MKX kombo video's (WITH INPUTS) that I have ever seen.

kruderf

Noob
Dude, I'm experiencing the exact opposite. I have zero issues with the ground plasma blast, but the upward almost never comes out. I get the normal level plasma blast instead nearly every time. It's incredibly annoying. No character in this game should have B,F+(insert button) and a D,F+(insert same button) as move notations, considering the way inputs work in this game. You accidentally hit D/B before doing the fireball motion and the game reads it as B,F. It's making me want to just use Hunter variation instead of the one that interests me most, which is Hish-Qu-Ten.
Personally I found that standing 4 xx up plasma is more consistent because it juggles slightly higher making it easier to connect the 32 1+2 ender. If ground plasma is more consistent for you then use it because there is no difference in damage whatsoever.

Also make sure that negative edge and input shortcuts are switched off just in case that's causing input issues.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Personally I found that standing 4 xx up plasma is more consistent because it juggles slightly higher making it easier to connect the 32 1+2 ender. If ground plasma is more consistent for you then use it because there is no difference in damage whatsoever.

Also make sure that negative edge and input shortcuts are switched off just in case that's causing input issues.
Nah man, I'm saying I get the normal plasma blast when I want the up plasma blast. It's frustrating.

Cassandra Cage

Black Siren
Is the initial MB detonate really worth the extra dmg? You can still do the whole combo without it but you'll be mid 40s for dmg instead.
You can take it out obviously but the extra damage is nice that's all but you can totally do it with out spending meter on self destruct.