What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Robot Smoke looks to have most moves I predicted, they look cooler than expected though! Hype!!!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Posted this on twitter but i'll post here, really basic alien observations

Egg looks like a restand, prolly proximity based, doesnt look like you can press a button to activate instantly.
EX facehugger(after egg) is a bounce up for a full combo
NJP looks good, Predator ISH but maybe not as long rangeFirst combo shown seems to have what looks like a low in it that has really long range. Possibly d4 as well?
Combo ending in Baraka Blades, maybe that's EX-able for a popup as well a-la Predator scimitar stab?
Also looks like Alien has that Baraka slow EX spin

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
For the people confused about skin packs: the Brazil etc packs are not the skins included in kp2, they're bonuses for getting kombat packs 2. Think the Flashpoint skin of injustice you got for getting the season pass even though it's not really part of the season pass. When KP1 was detailed it simply said "x amount of skins free", this time they've told us the first pack but there's no reason to believe it won't be like last time where every character released comes with a skin pack.
except they did list new content and why would they only mention the apocalypse skin pack then? i dont really think they would neglect to say the other skin packs

nvm

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Well, why would they list those packs instead of listing packs that are coming with the characters? It seems like to me that those aren't the bonuses, those are the actual packs that come with the characters, since there's a new pack in there as well.
early incentive to sway people that may have just gotten mkx to buy kp2. I don't think they named or said what skin pack we were getting until about a week from release.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Like I said, it looks a lot like Rain.
He did seem to have some water moving around him at one point looked like ice or smoke at first but I think you may be right.

Edit: Actually I think that's smoke from when he gets lit on fire. It kind of looks like his model though.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
early incentive to sway people that may have just gotten mkx to buy kp2. I don't think they named or said what skin pack we were getting until about a week from release.
they said we were getting skin packs for kp1 along with the announced dlc characters so that idea doesn't really fly. at best, it they do sell skin packs its gonna be outside of the kp2 like they did last time since there seems to be no mention.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I could be way off but we'll see, if nothing else they can't change another 30 if that's the only skins.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yea I looked like that Possesed Kenshi move, he even EX'd it. Perhaps a zoning game based on predator like traps and that move?

You know what? I think you might be right. Looking back, it does seem like they didn't state what the skin packs were in the initial KP1 reveal trailer, I guess I was wrong. It just seems kind of weird that they'd say "KP2 includes these characters that come with these skin packs" as incentives, but not reveal what other skins are coming later. Idk, I guess it's possible but it doesn't seem likely to me.