What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
But Capcom's on disc DLC of characters is no different than the 4 characters we got in MKx KP1. All that shit is premeditated. It's just instead of downloading compatibility packs and character data. It's already there. Capcom did fuck up in how they handled it though.
It's really not the same in that data for KP1 was no where to be found on the disc. You can hold conspiracy theories that they completed these characters before the game launched but the fact is data miners found fuck all of any evidence for them and it's financially stupid for them to put more data on patch services than they have to. There was no incentive for them not to put it on the disc if they were done.

Capcom had their DLC on the disc and completed locked behind a small line of code. There was videos of dataminers playing the characters as they released a couple weeks after the game launched. Bit of a discrepency to say that charging for content that was polished and finished before launch is the same as charging for content that was not finished and polished before launch.

All that being said, Goro was on disc DLC so NRS is just as guilty of the practice anyway.

trufenix

bye felicia
If there's one character that could make it's own community attack each other without remorse and creation of a thousand "buff/nerf" variation threads, it's Triborg. ;)
I cannot wait for the patch that nerfs something OP and incidentally drives one of the other down the tier list with him.

I hope variations are here to stay.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Tri Borg has completely renewed my excitement for this game. Settling on a character is never fun, but finally I'll have someone to play as and get into the groove with.

themanDan

The saw is family
Can't wait to see what they're hiding with these characters. With the lineup, I feel like they can add some interesting stuff with these guys.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Goro is on disc. He's Day 1 DLC, how could he NOT be on disc/Day 1 Patch (which is just as bad, basically the character was done already). You can say whatever you want about DLC stuff but let's not beat around the bush. He was a copout pre-order bonus to improve sales for the game.

I already knew I was gonna pre-order it anyway but I mean let's not just let WB off the hook if we're gonna bash Capcom and other companies who do the same guilty shit. (Looking at you, Arc Sys)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
can't wait for the TriBorg threads were someone posts some new tech for one of them and someone comes by and tells them not to bother learning it because the other variation is better.
Well that actually might happen if one ends up sucking, even comparatively lol.

I can't wait to see the 80% reset combos off of the 20+ frame startup moves that some of these characters will probably have. Or someone posting some "tech" only to not test wakeup and rolls.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It's really not the same in that data for KP1 was no where to be found on the disc. You can hold conspiracy theories that they completed these characters before the game launched but the fact is data miners found fuck all of any evidence for them and it's financially stupid for them to put more data on patch services than they have to. There was no incentive for them not to put it on the disc if they were done.

Capcom had their DLC on the disc and completed locked behind a small line of code. There was videos of dataminers playing the characters as they released a couple weeks after the game launched. Bit of a discrepency to say that charging for content that was polished and finished before launch is the same as charging for content that was not finished and polished before launch.

All that being said, Goro was on disc DLC so NRS is just as guilty of the practice anyway.
Yeah it's not exactly the same and we wouldn't even be discussing Capcom if they didn't put the characters on the disc. And i wasn't trying to absolve them of any wrong doing. They definitely fucked up. But to me, Capcom made a game I was willing to pay 60$ for already. If they decided they wanted to hold off 12 characters for 20 bucks I'm honestly ok with that. Before the characters got found out, no one had complaints about the game feeling "lacking". Though the game had more than enough of it's fair complaints.

As for incentive, if I was running a company and saw the leader of my market get crucified over something. I'd do whatever I can to not make the same mistake. Even if that means incurring some more expenses for my chart topping product. In this day and age it's consumer goodwill > everything. Unless you can pull a WB and fuck over whoever and still make bank.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ Colest: goro wasn't on the disc, Tyler confirmed it when he was asked. But the rest of your post I agree with.

At any rate, NRS can't be compared to Capcom. NRS treats their fans WAY better, this is a fact. They're not perfect but they still treat their fanbases better. MK 9 was pretty much a fanboy service.

I was pissed at NRS still am a little about no Fujin but I got over it because they more than made up for it with Triborg, I'm sure most would agree. Though I have said if they do a KP3, Fujin BETTER be in it...

MKF30

then why is the netcode such shit?
Has nothing to do with my point netcode for most games suck or is laggy at times. There is no game online that doesn't lag, suffer frame rate not even SF, SF4 for PS4 sucks.

I'll take NRS any day over Capcom, MK X is playable like most games could use improvements but that goes for all games so...

Capcom rips you off and makes 10 versions of the same game for 40 bucks a pop. Keep it.

Has nothing to do with my point netcode for most games suck or is laggy at times. There is no game online that doesn't lag, suffer frame rate not even SF, SF4 for PS4 sucks.

I'll take NRS any day over Capcom, MK X is playable like most games could use improvements but that goes for all games so...

Capcom rips you off and makes 10 versions of the same game for 40 bucks a pop. Keep it.
Since MKX is designed for current gen consoles, then why don't you compare the netcode to current gen games like SF5 Alpha netcode and KI netcode that are much better?
SF4 PS4 is basically a remastered SF4 with nothing new under the surface.

Noone is forcing you to buy all these different versions of the same Capcom game and if NRS thought they could get away with it they would do it too.
They're testing the waters right now with a second kombat pack.

MKF30

Since MKX is designed for current gen consoles, then why don't you compare the netcode to current gen games like SF5 Alpha netcode and KI netcode that are much better?
SF4 PS4 is basically a remastered SF4 with nothing new under the surface.

Noone is forcing you to buy all these different versions of the same Capcom game and if NRS thought they could get away with it they would do it too.
They're testing the waters right now with a second kombat pack.
Ok well your ladder point is what I've been telling people who are complaining over kp2 "packs that everyone has" so surely you agree there.

As foe capcom making those various versions when they refuse to just add dlc add ons like every other game, it's forcing me to buy the latest edition to get all those other characters, modes etc. So id ghe ps4 sf4 an excuse to be shitty online but for mk its not? Lol

My prior point still stands as it has nothing to do with sf5 or 4, but the company that makes them being Capcom, the same. Yes?

Better, sure but not by much. What's a better overall game? Pretty sure mkx is better then ki...

And sf5 isnt out yet so I'm not judging it just yet, my gripe is more with capcom s greed then nrs encode.

Ftr, I'veseen and played laggy sf and ki matches...As well as mk.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on NRS vs Capcom regarding how they treat fans, online isnt everything and this coming from an online guy...

Ok well your ladder point is what I've been telling people who are complaining over kp2 "packs that everyone has" so surely you agree there.

As foe capcom making those various versions when they refuse to just add dlc add ons like every other game, it's forcing me to buy the latest edition to get all those other characters, modes etc. So id ghe ps4 sf4 an excuse to be shitty online but for mk its not? Lol

My prior point still stands as it has nothing to do with sf5 or 4, but the company that makes them being Capcom, the same. Yes?

Better, sure but not by much. What's a better overall game? Pretty sure mkx is better then ki...

And sf5 isnt out yet so I'm not judging it just yet, my gripe is more with capcom s greed then nrs encode.

Ftr, I'veseen and played laggy sf and ki matches...As well as mk.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on NRS vs Capcom regarding how they treat fans, online isnt everything and this coming from an online guy...
So you're fine with NRS netcode? all I need to know

MKF30

So you're fine with NRS netcode? all I need to know
When did I say I was fine with it? I'm just saying online isn't everything...or so I've been told over the years. But to answer you, No, but I've accepted it is what it is as with most games lag online but I'm also not fine with getting ripped off. You're fine with getting ripped off buying the same game 100 times? K, bro All I need to know. It was nice chatting with you.

Last edited:

Ravosa

Wild Card
I got away with not really learning the goro/Jason match up for a while because nobody played them. Triborg is about to be everybody's new main. If you're still playing the game at this point, you're probably gonna be buying KP2.

I need to know when this shit comes out so pumped.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Doesn't matter if people stop talking about it they won't listen. They have techiquely sold us a product that doesn't work and re selling content. Goro was a special edition in the UK less than a year ago and now he is free for another kombat pack?

It's a shame things like this aren't looked into more on consumer TV shows
we all knew the net code was going to be shit and the same is going to happen with injustice 2.
NRS sells an entertainment product and they don't feel that the netcode is an essiential part of it.

Goro was a day 1 paywall character. A crappy practice and the reason I did not buy him.

Preorders only benefit publishers. If a game is good, it'll get good reviews and people will buy it.
Not true actually. Many games get stellar reviews, and many. Games r fantastic and nobody buys them.

MKF30

The netode isnt "shit" if it were it would literally be unplayable, though I have it on Xbox not ps which in hear has shitty servers at times. It could use improvement like all games online but its not shit.

Lol@ That one guy who Said 'nrs should apologize" wwhat? No they shouldn't cause nobody's forcing you to buy their product, stop whining.

Not true actually. Many games get stellar reviews, and many. Games r fantastic and nobody buys them.
Prime example, Psi ops. Nuff said.

Last edited: