What's new

MKX Hotfix 6-1-15

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
These Erron nerfs make no sense. Sand was already super punishable and left you point blank, and if 21122 is left unchanged then he still has crazy tick throws regardless if we get no oki off his command grab.
This.

Nerf tackles HIT advantage and sand toss even though that was easily full combo punishable on block.

Disregard all the bs surrounding 211 string(s), +8 sand ball for a second free 50/50, and the "tick throw"/be hit 50/50 during combo strings on block.

I like some of these changes for sure, but can't help but be incredibly upset at this.

I'm still fairly ignorant about game mechanics so can someone explain what is the significance of Raiden's F1 being a high?

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
Call me a noob, but what difference does it make? Also, the gif is awesome, no pun intended.

Considering that F12 string was frame trap central, and Raiden already having lots of tools at his disposal.....This makes it harder for him to frame trap. If you know what to expect, you can punish him for it now as opposed to before. That minor change is a big deal.

InFlames

dead
This.

Nerf tackles HIT advantage and sand toss even though that was easily full combo punishable on block.

Disregard all the bs surrounding 211 string(s), +8 sand ball for a second free 50/50, and the "tick throw"/be hit 50/50 during combo strings on block.

I like some of these changes for sure, but can't help but be incredibly upset at this.
I wouldn't mind if the 21122 shenanigans were removed, but now all oki after our main combo ender is gone. Really bummed about this, oh well.

Mileena couldn't punish with her 8 frame Roll from certain ranges. I guess they wanted it to be a more stable punish across the board.
Not many people are going to use Sand from that far, but you have a point. I don't mind this change.

D4G

Win At All Cost
These Erron nerfs make no sense. Sand was already super punishable and left you point blank, and if 21122 is left unchanged then he still has crazy tick throws regardless if we get no oki off his command grab.
No one needs to know, edit your post quickly.

Omg NRS has hit us with the nerf hammer and Erron Black sucks now, oh my god whatever shall we do besides forever suffer in the hellish pits at the bottom of the tier list :DOGE

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The oki was part of the problem though. The tick throws weren't that bad except they guaranteed another 50/50 practically.

Also these changes were all really good. The takeda buffs will really help him and I think the Dvorah nerfs are manageable(although the F44 nerf hurts venemous :( )