What's new

MKX Game Stop Tournament

So i went to pre-order MkX today, and they said they're having a tourney on monday and that i should come.

So out of curiousity, out of a couple stories i've heard, i've asked about people who do the same move a lot like most people lke to do with deathstroke and his guns. The guy told me that most everyone there is gonna hate you if you do that and you'll get 0 cred in the gaming community.....

>->
<-<

Should i go through with it anyways?

also im gonna need a quick run down of Lao and reptiles normal moves.
what trophy will you own?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So i went to pre-order MkX today, and they said they're having a tourney on monday and that i should come.

So out of curiousity, out of a couple stories i've heard, i've asked about people who do the same move a lot like most people lke to do with deathstroke and his guns. The guy told me that most everyone there is gonna hate you if you do that and you'll get 0 cred in the gaming community.....

>->
<-<

let me tell you what you do.

Step 1, walk in there like this:

Step 2, mop the fucking floor with all of those noobs and respond to every question, threat, or inquisitive look with "git gud scrub".

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
My game stop in west Oc MD is doing same thing and I've heard the same stories but im just gonna play and deal with the hate if any. You would think ppl waiting for midnight release have been playing a lot and really into it but from what I hear it not like that

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
The opinion of someone who will look down on you for winning by doing the same move over and over is irrelevant.

Quick anecdote. when I was maybe 10yrs old, I was playing sf2 in an arcade vs some guys much older than me. They called me cheap and even messed with my stick because I was just doing chun lis lightning kick. You heard correct...just tapping med kick over and over was not only beating his blanka, but making him rage over it. There are no words.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
If I were you I would pick Erron Black, throw down some nails and spam the walk back shooting thing. That would destroy a button mashers good time lol. Or, you can check out Pig's Kenshi thread where he already has bnb's with the character, but that's risky since you don't have a feel for the timing yet.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage

>->
<-<

Cred? honestly if someone cant stop you that's on them. only cred anyone loss is on the loser. go for it get some of that scrub blood.

I live in an appalachian mountain countryside, and the local gamestop called me challenging me to their mk9 tournament and i literally was like

So I was like, this dude must be jokin', man. I didn't know where he was going with this shit. But, he was dead serious

knowing my luck, @SonicFox5000 will show up to vermont and mop me up

Last edited:

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Realistically, you basically have to show up and zone the shit out of people with Kenshi or Erron or Shinnok or Takeda's normals. Quote Sirlin at everyone who bitches

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i guess, but im more interested in using lao and reptile, i could probably just do elbow dashes and hats all day....lol.

i might give kenshi or erron a look though

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Oh god, my gamestop in the middle of nowhere Eastern Kentucky is having one as well. Just got a call about it. The last time they did one of these the prize was a copy of the game for free or something of equal value. There's essentially no one here that actually plays fighting games so it should be a cakewalk. I really do need a copy for my Xbone to along with my PS4 copy...

What I'm saying is, please god someone point me to where I can find Sub Zero's command list...or just slide. I know Ice Ball and clone already but I can't find a full list anywhere.

Play fair for the first round to see how good they are if you can take them, then when Its towards the end of the match do what ever you will to win...

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Honestly idc if I win or lose, doesn't matter.

Just gonna go there for the experience (first unofficial tourney).

Plus, the prize kinda sucks (Kombat Pass for the winner), and I have that already, purchased the COARSE KE.

Uh well, will be nice to be around and shoot-the-shit with other MK fans/players.

Should be a BLOODY good time!

;)