What's new

MKX Game Stop Tournament

n9195v

Noob
Hello,

My Game Stop in Paramus New Jersey is doing a midnight release party with a tournament.

Anyone know of any other stores doing anything similar?

I want to win it because they always give away swag.

What character(s) do you think would be the best for a blind tournament?

F4tal

Noob
My local GameStop is doing one as well. Since I am good friends with the store manager and assisant, they are running the tournament best 2/3 on PS4 but allowing people to try different characters even if they lose. Right now if you want a free win it looks like Liu Kang would be a good choice since you could just zone with fireballs lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
My old Gamestop 1656 is doing a tourney on the Sunday before, since they have a shit ton of pre-orders. First place gets first in line to pick up their copy the night after at midnight. :/

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Hello,

My Game Stop in Paramus New Jersey is doing a midnight release party with a tournament.

Anyone know of any other stores doing anything similar?

I want to win it because they always give away swag.

What character(s) do you think would be the best for a blind tournament?
Oh we're from the same state.

Do you know what the prizes are by any chance?

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Scorpion always a good choice there. Specials that grant a free combo like spear are the reason why. Sub freeze another good example. Just block, spam and punish.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mine is doing it too, wearing my mk shirt 'keep calm and finish him shirt' and mk hat, last time that Alone intimidated some people lol

Not sure who to use, won it last time with scorpion.

Will prob pick him, liu kang or ermac.

n9195v

Noob
Mine is doing it too, wearing my mk shirt 'keep calm and finish him shirt' and mk hat, last time that Alone intimidated some people lol

This time there isn't a demo, assuming you had a ps4 at the time. So it's going to be much harder to get use to the characters.

I'm going to wear either my "I want you to defend earthrelm" Raiden shirt or my MK vs DC universe shirt to troll and put everyone in a bad mood. I haven't decided yet.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
The game stop in ocean city MD is doing a mk9 tournament leading up to the midnight releass. Idk if winner gets anything I'll be there but I think it just for fun.
Idk who would be the best for a MKX tournament tho right at release no one will know what going on so every character stands a chance

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
My local GameStop is doing the same; Holyoke, Massachusetts.

Blind tourney of course, but I think Sub or Scorpion will be the best.

Winner gets the Kombat Pass for free, or if you already pre-ordered, you get a $30 GameStop gift card.

SWAG.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This time there isn't a demo, assuming you had a ps4 at the time. So it's going to be much harder to get use to the characters.

I'm going to wear either my "I want you to defend earthrelm" Raiden shirt or my MK vs DC universe shirt to troll and put everyone in a bad mood. I haven't decided yet.
Haha it's like you're in my mind that's true, first thing I thought "shit no demo to practice haha" But I can do the next best thing(which of course can be expected from an obsessive fan like myself) I have pic stills and my own notes from paused streams of the move sets of Scorpion, Ermac :) I know you probably think "wow this guy really wants an edge" but I feel I have no choice since like you said, everyone is thrown into the pool at once nobody gets a head start to get used to the waters....so with that in mind, I also don't know if the GS people will let us at least look at the moves once before each match or if they'll be like "just pick your guy and play" so I must prepare.

I didn't have a PS4 last time or PS3 whichever it was on, but I was at my friend's place every weekend prior to the game and the last GS tourney so I had loads of practice. A few people even asked me "hey how do you know how to play this game like that?" lol

I don't expect to do many combos due to everyone being new to it but in a case like this I think all one needs is the moves and basic tactics. lol. Nice, I have that Raiden "I want you to defend Earthrealm" shirt on my list, I do have the MK vs. DCU shirt though and 8 other MK shirts, I have a nice little kollection of them with more MK X ones on the way :) I sure hope they make more hats too!

F4tal

Noob

Are you actually going to step away from your room and go out and play someone? You will go to a GameStop tournament but won't go to VSM lmaoooo

Lol, I just imagine some of yall goin up to your local gamestop tournament and basically wrecking 12 year old button mashers with your skill, unfair to them xD

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
So i went to pre-order MkX today, and they said they're having a tourney on monday and that i should come.

So out of curiousity, out of a couple stories i've heard, i've asked about people who do the same move a lot like most people lke to do with deathstroke and his guns. The guy told me that most everyone there is gonna hate you if you do that and you'll get 0 cred in the gaming community.....

>->
<-<

Should i go through with it anyways?

also im gonna need a quick run down of Lao and reptiles normal moves.