What's new

MKX Game Stop Tournament

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Takeda, Shira Ryu

B2,1
Teleport
Zone zone zone

Don't anticipate many higher level players at my launch, so I imagine i'm gonna make some people upset with me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mine confirmed and called me twice lol(guess cause I'm getting two versions?) yesterday as a reminder and they're also holding it on both systems, which is awesome. Xbox One here I come!

They also said they'd have two set ups, one for people to play casually and another for the tournament. I really hope they have more because sadly my comic book shop and gamechamp won't do one unless there's a definitely set amount of people who will come like 30-40 minimum.

As far as tactic, I'm using Ermac, screw it. Last time I used him I won couple hundred bucks at a tourney in MK 9 so bet your ass I'm going to zone the hell out of everyone I play or I'll use Kung Jin and Scorpion. Depending on the rules of the tourney, it may not even be single elimination like last time the GS tourney was single elimination(which in a way is tougher because it leaves less room for error)

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
Gonna be my first mk tourney ever I usually do street fighter and ki so I'm excited to take mk more seriously this time around! Gonna be using sub zero unbreakable variant.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I called my local GameStop in Richmond near VCU yesterday evening and they said they weren't sure if they were gonna have it playable during the midnight release or not. They had to get confirmation or permission for it, something like that. I'll call back tomorrow before the midnight release festivities start to find out though.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I called my local GameStop in Richmond near VCU yesterday evening and they said they weren't sure if they were gonna have it playable during the midnight release or not. They had to get confirmation or permission for it, something like that. I'll call back tomorrow before the midnight release festivities start to find out though.
mine said the same thing, didnt know if they had permission

joedowntown

Short-time Lurker Long-time Fan
Hello,

My Game Stop in Paramus New Jersey is doing a midnight release party with a tournament.

Anyone know of any other stores doing anything similar?

I want to win it because they always give away swag.

What character(s) do you think would be the best for a blind tournament?
My San Antonio store is doing the same thing.

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
I was informed that my GameStop was doing the tournament as well. It starts at 9 with registration at 6. When I go at six in going to see if they will have the game set up for people to play so I can mess around with some characters. Unfortunately though I play all fighters in stick and idk if my ps4 stick will be in before the tourney. Oh well lol

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
So excited, my gamestop is hosting a tournament tonight. Bird Lao all day.
Good luck! My gamestop is doing that too not sure who I want to use cause at first i'm like sub zero all the way but then i'm checkin out reptile and i'm like this may be a fun character to use!

I'm going to a local EB Games tourney. The grand prize is getting your pre-order for free as well as a free kombat pack code, which is pretty nuts. Apparently it's character lock and outside controllers aren't allowed (so no sticks) but I'm not too concerned. Not saying which one I'm going to for obvious reasons. :)

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
I won mine as well. Double elimination. I got a 15 dollar gift card a shirt and that poster they give everyone. They also ordered us all pizza lol. I used dragon fire liu Lang

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
our gamestop tournament was horrible, and gimped big time. We couldnt have casuals before the tournament, we couldnt look up our moves during the tourney, the games lasted 1 round each, 1 ROUND! and only 30 sec's on the clock....i lost my first and only match to the goddamned clock....Next time game stop, have your tournament planned a little bit better eh? maybe a bit earlier? But then again does it really matter? its gamestop -___-