What's new

Combo List - Ermac MKX Ermac Combos Thread

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Ima learn the fuck outta these combos though, the jip with 1, 1, 2 the force lift, jump 4, tele punch, then another force lift seems to be the basic in Mystic. Need to know more starters.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Ima learn the fuck outta these combos though, the jip with 1, 1, 2 the force lift, jump 4, tele punch, then another force lift seems to be the basic in Mystic. Need to know more starters.
F21D2 is his best starter and best string. F4 is his overhead.

zaf

professor
So what I am gathering here is that you always want to end in DB1 because of the unscaled 10% and the meter building.

So that begs to question is all his meter to be saved for mid string EX DB1? I'm assuming that is where his major damage will come from. Or you could spend it on his overhead combos to get mid 30's I believe.

If not and he does most of his damage meterless he will get breakers rather easily.

What have you been using as your EX wakeup options? Does he have any?

@zaf
@Afumba
@Hitoshura
Ex wake up options are Soul burst universally.
Mystic has Ex push.

I have a 40% meterless bnb for Mystic. This is with the jip though.
38% without the jump in punch
jip F21D2 JK teleport B12 222~Lift let them hang for the 10% and build meter.

insignis

Noob
I've read the topic,
F21D2 is his best starter and best string. F4 is his overhead.
I wouldn't rely on f21D2 in long term that much. There is a big gap between 1 and d2 where you can armor through. Also you can use escape intercatbles to get away between this two hits without spending any meter.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
We are gonna have to find something to beat people that armor through the d2 part in f21d2.

Maybe we can simply bait an unsafe armored move by doing f21 only

zaf

professor
I've read the topic,

I wouldn't rely on f21D2 in long term that much. There is a big gap between 1 and d2 where you can armor through. Also you can use escape intercatbles to get away between this two hits without spending any meter.
I see. Ill need to test this and see what can be done to beat that.

I can imagine that if you suspect someone of doing this, you can do a special to hit them. But will test.

We are gonna have to find something to beat people that armor through the d2 part in f21d2.

F21 itself is -14 so your opponent can possibly beat that anyways.
Probably better to try to catch them doing it.

just came up with this MoS combo:
Jip, f21d2, Jk, Teleport, 22, soul ball, walk foward, soul release, 22, soul blast 36% meterless
You can still get more off of the Jip, f21d2 run cancel S4~soul ball dash in jk tele 222~lift

insignis

Noob

f21 is -14 :)

also I don't understand why do you release after soul ball instead of reseting.

f21d2, j3~tp, b12 ~ soul ball, j1,b12 - 31% and leaves you with +23. You can throw for 12% damage or continue pressing with low/overhead. And I believe opponent cannot armor through or anything.

f4~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 36%
b3~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 34%
b12~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 32% - reverse position
b12~ex lift, j1, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 30% - wall carry
222~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 35% - 2 is Ermac's fastest move so good punish I guess

In each you can do soul ball after d1 and lose around 10% damage but, again, potential damage will make it worth.

jip, f21d2, jk~tp, f4, soul ball, dash, njp, 222, hang
37% meterless w/o run cancel (it helps to walk slightly forward before the 222 at the end)

zaf

professor
Ok so I was testing the gap in between F21D2.

Your opponent can armor out of this in between F21 and D2.
To try and beat this you can try and do F21 Soul burst, this seems to jail so far, not letting you press. ALso potentially punished by some chars.
If you try TK Lift, then the armor can still hit you out lol.
Teleport can work, but not really. You can still armor out if ermac does F21~teleport, but to hit him with the special you might have to reverse the directional inputs to the other side since he is teleporting. So depending on the move you try to use, ermac might still hit you if you dont input the reverse directions. You would need to test this for your chars.
Soul ball gets beat like TK Lift too.

You can also vanish to get out and this is kinda really cool/could be important.

Try testing this with some chars.

I did this with mileena.

I had ermac do F21D2. Mileena could punish this gap, which I tested. So next I Ermac do F21~Vanish. When I tested Mileena roll to punish the gap this time, ermac just vanished and mileena rolled out to the other side. lol

Pretty neat stuff.....

So solutions so far to the gap in F21D2 if your opponent starts to punish this are : vanish, F212

F212 is still pretty good on its own, it is a knockdown and a meaty one at that. The ai is not teching on this. The string is also 0 on block.

So solutions so far to the gap in F21D2 if your opponent starts to punish this are : vanish, F212

F212 is still pretty good on its own, it is a knockdown and a meaty one at that. The ai is not teching on this. The string is also 0 on block.
So you can just hit confirm the string. Very cool.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Ok so I was testing the gap in between F21D2.

Your opponent can armor out of this in between F21 and D2.
To try and beat this you can try and do F21 Soul burst, this seems to jail so far, not letting you press. ALso potentially punished by some chars.
If you try TK Lift, then the armor can still hit you out lol.
Teleport can work, but not really. You can still armor out if ermac does F21~teleport, but to hit him with the special you might have to reverse the directional inputs to the other side since he is teleporting. So depending on the move you try to use, ermac might still hit you if you dont input the reverse directions. You would need to test this for your chars.
Soul ball gets beat like TK Lift too.

You can also vanish to get out and this is kinda really cool/could be important.

Try testing this with some chars.

I did this with mileena.

I had ermac do F21D2. Mileena could punish this gap, which I tested. So next I Ermac do F21~Vanish. When I tested Mileena roll to punish the gap this time, ermac just vanished and mileena rolled out to the other side. lol

Pretty neat stuff.....

Awesome. F212 will be good. I need to mess around with vanish more. I bet it will end up being pretty big in Ermac's play

Afumba

Noob
@Fractured_Shadow
on the wake up i agree with what @zaf said. Dont think the push is the best wake up one could wish for though.

@zaf wow you pulled that one of. good one on the 40% meterless. tried that thing too but couldnt connect the 222 after b21 :-/ WIll keep trying :D
After your post i also tried a few things with b21 in between combos in Mystic. After a f21d2 starter b21 twice and 222 lift will connect.
The third b21 can also be replaced by teleport d1 but i am a bit disapointed in the teleport damge to be honest :D

Jip, f21d2, run cancel, b21 b21 222 lift 38%

Jip f21s2, run cancel b21 b21, teleport, d1 lift 36%

zaf

professor
f21 is -14 :)

also I don't understand why do you release after soul ball instead of reseting.

f21d2, j3~tp, b12 ~ soul ball, j1,b12 - 31% and leaves you with +23. You can throw for 12% damage or continue pressing with low/overhead. And I believe opponent cannot armor through or anything.

f4~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 36%
b3~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 34%
b12~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 32% - reverse position
b12~ex lift, j1, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 30% - wall carry
222~tp, d1~ex lift, f21d2, run, b12~soul ball, j1,b12 - 35% - 2 is Ermac's fastest move so good punish I guess

In each you can do soul ball after d1 and lose around 10% damage but, again, potential damage will make it worth.
Damn this is actually really sick. After the last b12, you have a lot of time to go for pressure.
Ill def need to test this the next time I am playing.

@MrSoloLobo @Afumba @SpecDaddy
@Tokiwartoothxdk @Fractured_Shadow @VenomX-90

you guys should all read that post i quoted from @insignis . having them standing after that much damage, into a 50/50 or a throw/anything, can be super good

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Fuck i forgot people can armor through shit... Hmmmmm.. F212 is safe compared to f21d2? I have a question ill shoot to the general thread

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Can someone update the OP with all the new Combos separated by variation?
And maybe put in Bold the high damage meterless BnBs for each situation (midscreen, corner, AA, etc)?

zaf

professor
Can someone update the OP with all the new Combos separated by variation?
And maybe put in Bold the high damage meterless BnBs for each situation (midscreen, corner, AA, etc)?
I can update it.... but ill have to do it later tonight.

Last edited:

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Anyone got a combo that starts with teleport punch for Mystic? So far I use teleport, d1~hang and then cant figure out what does the most damage after that

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Anyone got a combo that starts with teleport punch for Mystic? So far I use teleport, d1~hang and then cant figure out what does the most damage after that
What about the usual suspects?
2, 2, 2, TKP
B2,1, D2, TKP
Or maybe even uppercut into TKP?

Good idea though we need to have a good one for this situation

macin

MoS Ermac
MoS ermac

Looks like lots of people like jip after f21d2 personally I like to use f4 after it then bf2. My max DMG combo so far is 52%.

Jip,f4,bf2,jip,f21d2,f4,x-ray =52%
Or can skip the x-ray and end with db1MB,b321 = 42%

I like f4 as a starter into bf2 good overhead or b3 as a good low starter into bf2.I never burst my soul balls cause it is a waste no need.

Also b321 is a killer overhead low mixup for decent DMG

My bnb is
F4,bf2,jip,f21d1,f34 = 36% no meter

Works with B3 as a low starter as well.

If can I like to end combos with b321 cause it maximum DMG.
Think f21d2 as a starter is kind of hard and slow so I prefer the overhead or low or just use naked db1 MB into f21d2 bf2.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
What about the usual suspects?
2, 2, 2, TKP
B2,1, D2, TKP
Or maybe even uppercut into TKP?

Good idea though we need to have a good one for this situation
I've been doing njp, jk, teleport but I cant get anything after the teleport because they drop too fast

macin

MoS Ermac
MoS ermac

Naked bf2 can net some good DMG too

Bf2,jip,f21d2,f4,bf2 = 31% no meter

Bf2,jip,f21d2,f4,bd1MB,b321 = 36% 1 meter

Or naked db1MB can land decent DMG

Db1MB,f21d2,bf2,jip,b321 = 31%