ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I imagine Jangs 21()3 will get the same treatment

Look at the evidence
Scorps 21()4 leads to a blockstring
Cages 11()4 leads to a blockstring
Kangs 21()3 leads to a blockstring

The downfall of this is it hurts other variations
That's the keypoint, nerfing normal strings is too dangerous.

I'd rather preferred a reduction on the advantage of the cancels, that would have only affected one variation. A-List would keep some blockstrings anyway, and that gap hurts SD and FC.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'll be fine with it if that's the case and it's universal. If D'Vorah, Lao, LK and anyone else I'm forgetting all have holes in their pressure so that you can armour out. It still doesn't change the fact that you don't gain meter for blocking, so if you have no bar you still have to sit and take it, but maybe that's the direction NRS want MKX to go?
You should be able to back dash easy

Like Cassies string

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
That's the keypoint, nerfing normal strings is too dangerous.

I'd rather preferred a reduction on the advantage of the cancels, that would have only affected one variation. A-List would keep some blockstrings anyway, and that gap hurts SD and FC.
Yeah they see where they where gone with it

To go for the loops the opponent either has to armour or backdash
Good point, but with backdash recovery as it stands, it won't help you in the corner.
yeah that depends on char to char I guess

themanDan

The saw is family
Lol I would not go that far
Jason could be S tier for all we know
Not with the breaker change. Unless you're playing the variation with his teleport, you're fucked. Unless Jason sees some huge buffs, they might as well put a notification when you select him that says "Are you sure you want to choose this kombatant? You're probably going to lose if you do."

boba_buster

Noob saibot
3 frame parry and 1 frame ex parry would be great , can u imagine parrying string gaps! And yes I know there are a few already but it ain't shit

3 frame parry and 1 frame ex parry would be great , can u imagine parrying string gaps! And yes I know there are a few already but it ain't shit
You gotta remember that not all people got the beta and most people have no idea about the variation lol. Once the beta comes out for PSN(hopefully im lucky enough to play it) im pretty sure someone will be able to list the changes like they did for scorpion.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Fixing online will be a direct nerf to some characters that rely alot on online shenanigans like Mileena all variations, FF Liu, Helfire Scorp, SR Takeda and all the lag tactics. I LOVE IT!
I read this all the time. Can someone explain to me what online Mileena shenanigans are? I would like to know so I can win more.

I read this all the time. Can someone explain to me what online Mileena shenanigans are? I would like to know so I can win more.
Hes probably referring to not being able to consistently punish blocked teleports, ball rolls, etc. Like how subzero's slide is very punishable offline but inconsistent online.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If I'm going to spend 2 bars to break, then I should not be at a significant disadvantage afterwards.
Yet SG/HT Jacqui will be at "significant disadvantage" whether she breaks or gets broken in many MUs now post-breaker. Something supposedly you are against by your own admission.

Disagree that this makes things "more balanced". It's a rebalancing. There's a difference. Whether it's better is subjective and character dependent.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Anybody else thinks nrs should condider exploring ways to introduce gaps in normal strings only in the variations that need it, and not all 3?

I mean, maybe it's reasonable to introduce a gap in 114 for A-List...but doing the same in SD and Fisticuffs is completely unnecessary and hurts a lot those vatiations.

For example: should Fisticuffs risk a full punish just for trying a 114~exforceball on block? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
Yet SG/HT Jacqui will be at "significant disadvantage" whether she breaks or gets broken in many MUs now post-breaker. Something supposedly you are against by your own admission.

Disagree that this makes things "more balanced". It's a rebalancing. There's a difference. Whether it's better is subjective and character dependent.
That's true, just a slip of my words. The point is that zoning is an underpowered play style and it's much worse for a zoner to not be able to run or back dash while his opponent can than it is for an SG Jacqui player to be unable to rushdown his zoning opponent immediately after he breaks. She's at a significant disadvantage but it's far less significant because zoning is much weaker than rushdown in this game. She has to neutral duck projectiles for 5 seconds before she can rush him down with her great run speed. That's nothing compared to standing in the corner as a zoning character vs a rushdown character not being able to run at him or even use an interactable for 5 seconds while he can.

Last edited:
OMG there are so so SO many, even roll sometimes has lag tactic stun block that wont let it get punished in times... b12 is very minus offline, online it has a weird stun, say recovery, in general she recovers faster, this is a known fact tho, even on YOMI streams this was talked about, dont rely too much on it tho you will get exposed offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.