What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Cage's D1 is average, his D3 is mediocre. He needs that D4...my god.

Let's hope nrs reconsiders this.

And the 114 thing is unnecesary imo. This is probably worse than a nerf in A-List cancel advantage.
It be still fine once it's -1 but It means much easier to whiff punish

IrishMantis

I'm fairly certain that if Cage's D4 is getting nerfed then all low profiling pokes will also be taking a hit i.e Kano, Scorp, Roo Kang, Shinnok.

A dumb change IMO, probably thanks to all the Jason players @GGA Jeremiah lol.
Lol that's what community I was exactly thinking of

Also if this true then if Hax wasn't S tier before he sure as hell will be now!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Buff Jason,don't nerf Cage, damn it xD

Cage antiairs are quite mediocre. Our d4 saved us vs yolo jumpins and crossups...

If it's true that there's a gap after JC's 11 in both 114 and 113 then he has no more 50/50 after nut punch. The opponent can simply armour after 11.

Any word on if the armour option select remains?

IrishMantis

If it's true that there's a gap after JC's 11 in both 114 and 113 then he has no more 50/50 after nut punch. The opponent can simply armour after 11.

Any word on if the armour option select remains?
They tried removing it before and it effected the run cancels

So they put it back in, so they can't remove it because Block, Run and EX are all the same button

They tried removing it before and it effected the run cancels

So they put it back in, so they can't remove it because Block, Run and EX are all the same button
That doesn't bode well for Johnny. I'll wait and see what the other changes are across the board first, but I' starting to think that he's going to struggle going forward.

IrishMantis

That doesn't bode well for Johnny. I'll wait and see what the other changes are across the board first, but I' starting to think that he's going to struggle going forward.
Yeah if true that's 3 needs for Him so far
Mo guess it will give people more reason to armour between but id rather play a footsie game with SD rather on guessing will he armour or not

Yeah if true that's 3 needs for Him so far
Mo guess it will give people more reason to armour between but id rather play a footsie game with SD rather on guessing will he armour or not
His post nut punch game (again assuming the gap after 11 exists) will now become a bait and punish scenario. Are you going to carry on the string or are you going to stop and block/back dash? I can see his big damage combos becoming mostly for whiff punishes.

Also, if d4 doesn't low profile, wouldn't that also mean you can't trip guard with it?

ismael4790

His post nut punch game (again assuming the gap after 11 exists) will now become a bait and punish scenario. Are you going to carry on the string or are you going to stop and block/back dash? I can see his big damage combos becoming mostly for whiff punishes.

Also, if d4 doesn't low profile, wouldn't that also mean you can't trip guard with it?
It would mean: pick another character.

I was excited for the Fisticuffs "buffs"...but this...this...

Now we will have a pressure character whose pressure is over after 11.

U fricken people... A LIST IS A TOP 5 CHARACTER!!!

Holy crap.
Probably not anymore.

ismael4790

The Fistibuffs?
The Fistibuffs seem to be reduced to a faster fistbump and 1 frame less of startup for b1. Yes, 1 frame.

And in exchange he is likely to get a nerfed d4 and a gap in 114. Nice.

Ah, and yeah...and b2 not being cancelable into Fistbump xD

IrishMantis

I imagine Jangs 21()3 will get the same treatment

Look at the evidence
Scorps 21()4 leads to a blockstring
Cages 11()4 leads to a blockstring
Kangs 21()3 leads to a blockstring

The downfall of this is it hurts other variations

I imagine Jangs 21()3 will get the same treatment

Look at the evidence
Scorps 21()4 leads to a blockstring
Cages 11()4 leads to a blockstring
Kangs 21()3 leads to a blockstring

The downfall of this is it hurts other variations
I'll be fine with it if that's the case and it's universal. If D'Vorah, Lao, LK and anyone else I'm forgetting all have holes in their pressure so that you can armour out. It still doesn't change the fact that you don't gain meter for blocking, so if you have no bar you still have to sit and take it, but maybe that's the direction NRS want MKX to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.