What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Well
There is a EU Major(100+) coming up 3 weeks before too and we have to deal with them
Ain't that right @st9rm :p

So I wod vote yes out of spite but I'm not entering g FR so I won't vote

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Let it rock. With so many new players both tournament and casual, broken things are usually found within a day or two. FT's 72% one bar was found in less than a day. The real question is how long does NRS need to fix any possible issues like that? Are they able to patch them out before said tournament with enough time left to explore the new changes?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
For locals, absolutely, for majors I don't think so, since the only way to truly test how good a character is is by using them in tournament extensively. And locals are the perfect testing grounds for this.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
It would be a great thing to see competitive gameplay of the characters for the viewers and it would be a great way for those competing to test out their current skill of the dlc character. Let it rock. B)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Normally I would say no DLC should be allowed within the first month, but because I feel like MKX will basically be a brand new game, there will be stuff that will be strong with the current cast that have always been there, with the likes of Blood God, Grand Master, Ferra Torr etc...

Its basically a new game, a new S-Tier will be born lol

Last edited:
I think this bread highlights what the majority of this website is. Viewers and casuals.

Nobody in their right mind would want them day 1. Fox doesn't care bc he is that much better than everyone and already made a quarter million.

Still. No way they should be allowed for a month

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
WOW I WASNT TAGGED

I personally feel we should allow them. The whole game is changing. Who knows, ferra torr could be broken in this version or something lool
Technically new game!
@Pig Of The Hut : This poll may not be very accurate, because the question of the poll and that of the title are the opposite. People may read the title, see a poll with "yes" or "no", and vote according to the original question. I think that's what happened with Sonic Fox. He said they should be allowed, but his vote is on "no".

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Your thread is misleading...

The title is:
Should there be a ban for DLC characters first few majors?

Then the question you pose in the poll asks the same question the opposite way:
Should DLC be legal day 1 for upcoming majors?

I accidentally answered yes when I wanted no because I was answering the thread question... c'mon @Pig Of The Hut ...

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
The next major I'm attending is NCR, so I didn't vote...But whatever the result is, the corresponding patch should be included.

DLC Banned = Play with Pre XL Patch.

Some characters are almost reinvented with the upcoming patch so it makes sense to include them with DLC and the "Maybe something is broken" train of thought. Let it all rock or let none of it rock.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Your thread is misleading...

The title is:
Should there be a ban for DLC characters first few majors?

Then the question you pose in the poll asks the same question the opposite way:
Should DLC be legal day 1 for upcoming majors?

I accidentally answered yes when I wanted no because I was answering the thread question... c'mon @Pig Of The Hut ...
I feel like that happens with every poll on TYM. Not sure why.

With every character in the game being adjusted in some way with the XL Patch, there isn't too great a difference between the core cast and the 4 DLC. Yes, the DLC will be completely new characters, but judging how eager some are for their release, I don't foresee any Game Breaking tech being hidden until Final Round. At least, no greater the odds than some game breaking bug in the original cast being hidden.

Then again, my next Tournament is CEO, so Final Round is up to the rest of you.

haketh

Noob
Personally I think they should be banned for at least a month, just so if theirs any glitches they cause that make the game crash/freeze/what have you it odesn't mess up tournamnets.

If NWM was like two weeks from DLC release I would personally push for banning them at the tournament.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm a firm believer in not banning them.

Essentially with all the changes we're getting with KP2, every character will be new. To say that we need to specifically asses the newer characters is a bit suspect since many characters will need complete reevaluation (e.g. Ferra/Torr).

Think of MKXL as an Ultimate Marvel vs. capcom 3 analog and it makes much more sense to allow everyone off the bat.

Although 3 weeks is not an awful lot of time, it still is some time in which you can somewhat flesh out basic gameplans of characters.

Granted I won't be at either of those US tournaments, but the flow on effect to those down here in Aus is always felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.