What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Well they won't even be out by WinterBrawl, so you're basically asking if they should be allowed at Final Round and tournaments after?

I say yes for sure, a few weeks is more than enough time to get to know the characters. Also not only that, but the whole game has changed. Every character in the roster is going to be significantly different anyways, might as well just let everything rock. Why not

MKX at CEO results month after Tanya's release
1. YOMI|DJT (Kung Lao - Tempest, Johnny Cage - Fisticuffs, Sub-Zero - Grandmaster)
2. YOMI|MIT (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu, Scorpion - Hellfire, Reptile - Noxious)
3. YOMI|REO (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu, Pyromancer)
4. cR|SonicFox (Tanya - Pyromancer, Erron Black - Outlaw)
5. Deg (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu, Dragon Naginata)
5. D.R. (Shinnok - Bone Shaper)
7. cR|DR Gross (Cassie Cage - Hollywood)
7. RM|HoneyBee (D'Vorah - Swarm Queen)

Injustice at CEO results after Scorpion's release:
1. AGE|NYChrisG (Green Arrow, Black Adam)
2. FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Scorpion, Black Adam, Others)
3. EMP|KDZ (Superman)
4. DEG (Harley Quinn, Scorpion)
5. EMP|REO (Scorpion, Wonder Woman)
5. EMP|CD Jr. (Scorpion, Superman, Killer Frost)
7. Salt Face (Harley Quinn)
7. RG|Rico Suave (Black Adam)

In both cases the top 8 for the game got boo'd by the crowd.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
As someone who attended KiT, is making plans for attending Final Round and regularly attends locals in his scene, I think I can weigh in on this:

I think they should be allowed. This patch is changing everything. OG Cast members will be playing completely differently.

So, with that in mind, I do not believe a DLC character will give a bad player a free ride.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Also only tanya and predator were broken at release. Not so much tremor and jason! We will be grinding MU's anyway, so i wanna see what new players will be out here with DLC.
Now if something game changing or broken is found, thats another discussion we can have.
Yeah, please find the broken shit quick along with @YOMI REO and we're good to go :coffee:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
As stated before, I am still against the idea of allowing the new characters for Final Round (they will not be available by the time Winter Brawl happens).

I realize that we're getting a drastic balance patch when XL launches, but after what happened with Injustice and MKX for their first years at CEO, I think I don't want to roll the dice again, thank you very much.

However, not featuring the DLC at Final Round would definitely impact viewership, so that's an understandable concern. A compromise needs to be reached...perhaps some non-tourney exhibitions featuring these characters could happen on stream?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Does anyone really think that a DLC Character will give a bad player a free Top 8?

If so, please name the players that have done this.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut why are you confusing me asking if the DLC is going to be allowed at Winter Brawl? Isn't WinterBrawl February 26th and the DLC released March 1st? lol
Then just answer for WB

I'm referencing kp2 patch that usually arrives a week before dlc drop

Before every DLC a patch has dropped a week before and people need to have an answer for this now instead of 2-3 days before WB when goro comes out broke lol

Just guessing

@YOMI RM JagoBlake

@SonicFox5000 @Tim Static @RM NoBrows

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
No idea why you're throwing Shinnok in there, considering he was out since the release of the game and there was only one Shinnok in top 8.
Because everyone bitched about Shinnok being broke, while everyone in FL knew Shinnok was dumb and should be fixed, come EVO everyone was crying for a nerf.

The point is just like Sonic stated, for all we know another character could be completely broke that can already be in the game, the DLC could be all Jasons for all we know.

People knew Tanya was dumb people still flew out, that isn't a valid excuse.

Unless something is completely game breaking broke let them play.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Personally i think they should be banned for 1-2 months. Waaaaaay too many characters releasing at 1 time and it's too risky to just have them available that quickly. Knowing NRS track record with dlc, i dont trust them. We dont need another CEO event.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
People seem to forget that CEO ran on a patch that was released they day before the event.

That patch nerfed Tanya.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I personally think they should be banned for a month.

But what others are saying about giving MKX a highlight is right. Characters should be showcased in the next tourney for the viewers to see. It's a sacrifice but it's for the good of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.