What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'll be attending Viennality in March which is 25 days after they hit and I don't mind all that much that they're legal. As most can agree if something truly game breaking is found like 100% combos or infinites they will be banned anyway.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I would be fine with it, I know one tournament lined up in Mumbai that's going to run MK XL and unless there's something like an infinite discovered, I'll probably be ok with it.

I agree with @Dragon , viewers would be excited to see the Triborgs and Aliens out in force.

hmmmm id say unless something stupid broken is found. Might be best in MKX viewership to let it rock, especially if we're trying to expand MKX's life for another year or two (hopefully). Hopefully someone like @SonicFox5000 or @YOMI REO will be able to find something stupidly broken before then and they can patch it out.

Take my vote with a grain of salt as im conflicted since im going to final round. I want the viewers to get hyped and of course id like to see some high level play with the new characters...but then again, i dont want to run into a character that just came out and have a whole CEO/Tanya/injustice scorpion fiasco again

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I say they should be allowed. The huge gap of majors after those 2 are pretty big, good for thr scene and good for viewers.

Also, if something is broken it can be shown and fixed.

Can you ban quan? Not because he'll be op or anything, but just to kick the quan players when they're already on the ground.

Jolt

Uprise
I think if we're playing on the latest balance patch anyway, there's probably little harm in allowing them at Final Round. I'm a player that will be there.

Characters all around are going to be changing, so lack of MU information is going to be somewhat universal. No one's going to be completely versed on every change to every character and how that effects MUs.

So, unless something gamebroken is discovered before FR, maybe let it rock? Can we wait until March 08 to make the decision (a week after the DLC release) from there, I think we can have a better discussion.

Then it's completely tentative. People thinking of using the DLC know they MAY NOT be able to and can work on another option, and everyone else can play thinking that they MAY have to deal with the DLC.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
So as a Tanya player my thoughts.

The first major after Tanya's release was TCW not CEO. She was banned at TCW because she was out for like 2 weeks. I'm a little mad cause I totally could've frauded my way to a 7th place with 2 week old Tanya.

But as an actual tourney going player. Dlc being allowed right at their release is pretty dumb. Specially on top of a giant patch being released at the same time. Too many variables. So I'm against letting them play till things are fleshed out.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
There was a patch that happened about a week or 2 before EVO. Essentially, they could have reworked an entire character and it would have been allowed. So yes, but only for a week or 2.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I think they should be allowed as long as all the new patches are being allowed. Almost all the characters are new and match ups have changed. People are worried about a dlc being broken, yet we found an infinite with jaqui. All the characters are new and have a chance at being broken without us knowing.

LET EM ROCK

Status
Not open for further replies.