What's new

Match-up Discussion Mileena Matchup Discussion Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yo...I'm starting to think the KL v Mileena MU is really bad..possibly worse than 4-6.
Mileena literally cannot do anything safe. She can't teleport or roll..thats suicide.
She can't full combo punish low hat so he can basically pressure with low hat.
She's basically free to Kung Laos roll, its -4 on.block and mileenas fastest normal is 14 frames so she can't capitalize on the rolls disadvantage with a block string since KL's 2 is 7 frames and spin is 6 frames. The most she can do is respect the roll.or try and attack 1st with d3 and hoelpe.to get the hit advantage.
She CANNOT whiff d4 at all, she eats a spin.

She can blow up teleport with roll or uppercut, so thats good.
She can do.some zoning with ias to bait the teleport, roll and dive kick and punish.
Her low hitbox comes into play against his pressure.

Idk man...this MU feels bad for mileena. If Sonya v mileena is 7-3..how can Kung Lao v Mileena be 6-4?

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Yo...I'm starting to think the KL v Mileena MU is really bad..possibly worse than 4-6.
Mileena literally cannot do anything safe. She can't teleport or roll..thats suicide.
She can't full combo punish low hat so he can basically pressure with low hat.
She's basically free to Kung Laos roll, its -4 on.block and mileenas fastest normal is 14 frames so she can't capitalize on the rolls disadvantage with a block string since KL's 2 is 7 frames and spin is 6 frames. The most she can do is respect the roll.or try and attack 1st with d3 and hoelpe.to get the hit advantage.
She CANNOT whiff d4 at all, she eats a spin.

She can blow up teleport with roll or uppercut, so thats good.
She can do.some zoning with ias to bait the teleport, roll and dive kick and punish.
Her low hitbox comes into play against his pressure.

Idk man...this MU feels bad for mileena. If Sonya v mileena is 7-3..how can Kung Lao v Mileena be 6-4?
It always felt like a really bad MU for Mileena at least for me anyways. I'm not sure if her Up4, 4,2 works on him that he can Spin her Up4 after he blocked it or that she can bait his Spin after Up4. Her Grab mix ups are so risky against him. All she can really do is play hard to get and bait him into making mistakes. Bait his F3 roll with njp or cross over to the other side but sometimes he can do Dive Kick~Ex Spin to bait her njp or F2 her. It's hard up close but she just has to play keep away and bait him. Kung Lao feels more manageable compared to Sonya and Cage, they literally can walk up to Mileena, pressure her, bait every move she tries and really lock her down. At least with Kung Lao she can play keepaway and baiting better compared to Sonya/Cage who always gets in no matter how hard she tries to keep them out and once they're in, it's so difficult to get out without making a mistake. I would put 6.5 but remove decimals, so yeah 3-7 Kung Lao wins.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I don't think it's 3-7 honestly, I've played many good KL's and have been beaten and have beaten them. You really need to go hard until he spins you, make him want to spin you at every possible moment, and keep baiting it. You need to have him do what you want him to do, and that's pretty much it. 4-6 or 5-5 yes but 3-7 no.

I'm going to ECT this weekend, I wanna play with some top KL's and gather some info on this MU

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't think it's 3-7 honestly, I've played many good KL's and have been beaten and have beaten them. You really need to go hard until he spins you, make him want to spin you at every possible moment, and keep baiting it. You need to have him do what you want him to do, and that's pretty much it. 4-6 or 5-5 yes but 3-7 no.

I'm going to ECT this weekend, I wanna play with some top KL's and gather some info on this MU

I'm going to ECT also. That sounds like a good idea..I'm joining you lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

yea i agree with jer on this one, the MU is no cake walk but a 3-7 could be a bit much (maybe online lol)

also good luck at ECT man :D

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I'd also have to agree on Kung Lao. 6-4 seems about right. She can actually anti-crossup style Roll the teleport on reaction. So that turns his teleport into a huge gamble where he either gets pressure, or eats ~30%. Spin is good in this match-up. It shuts down her jump ins and his abaility to punish makes her have to play carefully, but still, she has the Sais for zoning and the Roll to stop crossovers/tele. He can be more liberal with the Low Hat as she has a harder time punishing, but even then, she's gonna get pressure against him.

In an odd turn of events, Mileena actually does best when she turns this MU upside down and makes Kung Lao take all the risk.

just my opinion on it, but thoe are things I've noticed. :)

Mileena is the only secondary character I know decently, so I'm going to drop Kitana for a while to learn the evil twin

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
When the video of Eazail and myself gets uploaded I'm gunna post it here, it's how I believe the MU should be played.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
talk to me fellas how do i fight sonya with mileena .. i played a sonya first to 5 and i got beaten i didn't know the match up .. i never played sonya before in my life .. http://www.testyourmight.com/conversations/important.38509/ put it on time 3:13 to see the match .. i would like yo know what i could have done to fight her better .. i would like all suggestions on sonya vs mileena mu Death Jer Pig Of The Hut and everyone else
I'm going to watch the video in a sec, but just to let you know I only play Kenshi in this MU now. At ECT I had to play TOS Nerd and got blown up first game with Mileena, then used Kenshi and put up a better fight but still lost.

Right after I had to play MK Peanuts and he was using Sonya so I went all Kenshi on him and won.

The MU is really tough with Mileena, you need to zone, but if you decide to d4 you'll get divekicked all day.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I HATE fighting Sonya with Mileena, it's such a huge struggle. It's her worst MU in my opinion literally worst than Cage because she can play keep away but damn Sonya gets in no matter what I try to do. D4 is a karma. Sonya can use the same D4 to play dirty up close AND if Mileena uses her Teleport Kick, it will miss because Sonya can D4 on reaction. Sonya's Dive Kick and standing 1 are huge threats up close. Armored Ex Cartwheel breaks Mileena's pressure attempts. Sonya punishes Mileena very hard damage wise and Mileena will struggle in the damage department and if she does not have the life lead. Mileena's small hitbox is not a problem since Sonya can Dive Kick and Jump Kick~Air Grab her to death. I find Mileena's Grab actually useful because Sonya will usually make Mileena make the first move to punish her and her Grab allows her to stay full screen but it doesn't last long. If Mileena becomes predictable with Grab, Sonya has that 7 frame Uppercut to punish her. Sonya is too hard and Mileena's instant Air Sai does very little except help her build meter for Breaker. It's bad I feel like it's 2-8 most of the time XD

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I have a harder time fighting Lao than Sonya with Mileena lol. I HATE mil v Lao...ugh
lol I hate fighting Kung Lao too with her but there is just something with Sonya that makes me hate it so much.
By the way, what an impressive performance you delivered at ECT. Princess Kitana all the way, I was thinking you might've used Sonya against Sonic Fawx's Mileena, he is really good and OMG he uses Mileena's slow a** standing 1 as AA, I was like wtf XD

For vs Sonya, air sais are pretty much the main thing Mileena has going for her lol. You definitely don't want Sonya up-close - her strings are faster and just generally better than Mileena's. Sonya's pressure is too good. Plus she builds up meter like crazy, which considering that EN Kartwheel is one of the best EN moves in the game...

TBH, you just want to be as far from her as you reasonably can be. And if you do end up close to her, try d+3 to open her up a bit then perhaps a grab to send her away. Not a nice matchup...

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'm waiting on my match vs Eazail to be uploaded, I really wanna rewatch that.

I don't play Mileena much anymore, so don't get mad at me :(
6-4 vs Baraka
6-4 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
3-7 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
3-7 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
6-4 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I don't play Mileena much anymore, so don't get mad at me :(
6-4 vs Baraka
6-4 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
3-7 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
3-7 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
6-4 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero
This looks pretty good, although I think Cyrax is 5-5 or 6-4, I don't think Mileena struggles in the matchup.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
i fixed the link i am sorry about that http://www.twitch.tv/trinigamers/b/321028128 my apologies time 3:13 .. i would really like to know what i did wrong and what i should have done to fought sonya better .. my first time ever with this mu
You're rushing down a lot on Sonya which is a bad idea, you could've gotten EX Cartwheel'd a lot more. Don't jump in at Sonya, you can get standing 1'd as well. Also the random telekicks :S