What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Standing 4 xx EX TeleKick~Air Sai, f2,3 xx Roll, b2,1,2+4 40% 1 bar

Also, lol. Why the hate for Ravenous? Don't like her unmasked?
cool, was going to put in a s4 section when im editing in the 2bars+ combo.

emmmm instead of going on all day (and i could lol) ive give a shortish answer....
i think its her worst variation and holds little to no use over the other two.
before ethereal was buffed i thought piercing was better than ravenous and with the little bits piercing got along the way that seems even more clear to me now.
at release of game ravenous seemed best on paper because they extra damage but as times gone on that gap has got smaller and smaller.
pounces as ive said from near day 1 are a bill of goods, a unsafe overhead that works like a throw were it can only work of certain strings, high pounce gets wrecked by alot of characters, mostly the higher tiers. the bite heal is nice and all but its not worth the trade off in what you get/lose in the other two variations

to drive home more the point, the highest placing mileena who made a thread about how ravenous is the best (also pointed out in that thread how fades offer way more than pounces ever will btw) is now mostly playing ethereal/piercing in tournamnet, i know saltface likes to go on about how he uses all mileenas variations now but i believe in time he'll see just like when he was being told not to sleep on ethereal that as game grows and grows ravenous will become clearer and clearer mileenas worst variation if it stays as is

cool, was going to put in a s4 section when im editing in the 2bars+ combo.

emmmm instead of going on all day (and i could lol) ive give a shortish answer....
i think its her worst variation and holds little to no use over the other two.
before ethereal was buffed i thought piercing was better than ravenous and with the little bits piercing got along the way that seems even more clear to me now.
at release of game ravenous seemed best on paper because they extra damage but as times gone on that gap has got smaller and smaller.
pounces as ive said from near day 1 are a bill of goods, a unsafe overhead that works like a throw were it can only work of certain strings, high pounce gets wrecked by alot of characters, mostly the higher tiers. the bite heal is nice and all but its not worth the trade off in what you get/lose in the other two variations

to drive home more the point, the highest placing mileena who made a thread about how ravenous is the best (also pointed out in that thread how fades offer way more than pounces ever will btw) is now mostly playing ethereal/piercing in tournamnet, i know saltface likes to go on about how he uses all mileenas variations now but i believe in time he'll see just like when he was being told not to sleep on ethereal that as game grows and grows ravenous will become clearer and clearer mileenas worst variation if it stays as is
Well I think a LOT will change in a year, but Ravenous still has it's place. The usefulness of low pounce is dependent on reading player habits. The other two variations are better built to fight specific characters. I do use Ravenous the least, but eh, it's still Mileena so how bad can it be?

Oh, there should probably be a section for Midscreen/Corner Anti-Air Combos and EX Roll combos as well.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Just to be clear, you don't drop any damage by choosing the healing strings. [starter] roll B34 air sai, bite and [starter] roll B34 air sai, f23 pounce do exactle the same damage, you just got extra 2,5% health. And low pounce is not really that unsafe, by the time you realize "oh she just whiffed a low pounce" she fully recovers and able to block already. You have to read to punish it.
I'm not saying Ravenous is (still) the best, especially Ethereal and Piercing got some really nice buffs. But Ravenous is not "that bad" either. Sometimes you just wish you can do 38% meterless as it-could-kill combo, but too bad you are Piercing and your ender whiffs, or you are ethereal and you enders suck

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Well I think a LOT will change in a year, but Ravenous still has it's place. The usefulness of low pounce is dependent on reading player habits. The other two variations are better built to fight specific characters. I do use Ravenous the least, but eh, it's still Mileena so how bad can it be?

Oh, there should probably be a section for Midscreen/Corner Anti-Air Combos and EX Roll combos as well.
well p.o.s was more so a joke than my opinion but i still stand by that i think its least "current meta" viable of the 3 as is.
its no pre-patch ethereal sure but its still very much lacking imo.

yea good idea, do u mean air to airs or anti air combos? (know some people would say there one in the same)

well p.o.s was more so a joke than my opinion but i still stand by that i think its least "current meta" viable of the 3 as is.
its no pre-patch ethereal sure but its still very much lacking imo.
Lol, I know it was a joke. But I've seen you post about Ravenous being your least favorite variant for a while, so I was curious.

yea good idea, do u mean air to airs or anti air combos? (know some people would say there one in the same)
You could do both. Or you could just make them under anti-air category since you're still "stopping them from jumping"

So Anti-Air MB U3 Midscreen:
Universal (AA)MB U3~*run*F2,3~Roll~*run under* U3 = 31%

Anti-Air TK in corner:
Universal (AA)Telekick~delayed Air Sai~F2,3~Roll~*run under* D2~MB U3~B2,1,2+4 = 43%
Piercing (AA)Telekick~delayed Air Sai~F2,3~Roll~*run under* D2~MB U3~B2,1,2+4 = 43%
Piercing (AA)Telekick~delayed Air Sai~*run* 1,2,3~Roll~*run under* D2~MB U3~B2,1,2+4 = 43%

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Found a 1 bar F3 corner combo that is way easier than that jump kick telekick above
F343, 2, U3 MB, 4 roll, walk under, D2, 4 low pounce = 51%
That's pretty sweet and seems a fairly easy combo. Damn my curiosity though as I'm wondering if it's possible to get more

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
So the removing cancellability (is this a word?) of F343 doesn't reduce her damage much (at least for Ravenous). I can reach 40% meterless midscreen and 45% meterless corner (old combos were 43% midscreen and 46% corner) and 1 bar corner combos have the same damage. It's awesome to have something else better with F343

Crimea

Noob
So the removing cancellability (is this a word?) of F343 doesn't reduce her damage much (at least for Ravenous). I can reach 40% meterless midscreen and 45% meterless corner (old combos were 43% midscreen and 46% corner) and 1 bar corner combos have the same damage. It's awesome to have something else better with F343
Waiting for nerfs again

Yeah, I also haven't found the F3 changes affect me much, and I'm doing 1% less at most than I used to. I can do 38% mid-screen metreless, and I used to do 39%.

I also play Ravenous.

I've also been learning Kitana (Assassin), and she was really hit with the damage nerf stick. More Royal Storm than Assassin, about 3 to 4% less for RS and 2% for A, but I find it hurts her game more. The more I play and learn Kitana, the more I find she seems have to have less options and feel less safe than Mileena.

I'm still learning her, and that could change of course.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Found cool tech don't no if posted before but pretty badass timing is tricky tho

Ethereal mid screen=====any starter into exfade rollxxb34xxairsaixxrun u3 ******35% ends with u3 awesome 50 50 position same damage as saltface b22 sai throw

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Can anybody give me a list of optimized combos after an NJP and/or JIK if there are any new ones? I feel like I might be out of the loop.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Can anybody give me a list of optimized combos after an NJP and/or JIK if there are any new ones? I feel like I might be out of the loop.
For Piercing so far I have

NJP, walk, B34 xx air sai, F2 xx Roll, B212+4 33% (haven't looked at optimising this in a long time though)

JIK xx Telekick xx Air Sai, Run Cancel, 4 xx Roll, B212+4 38%