What's new

[May 22, 2015] COMBO BREAKER (Rosemont, IL)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
So the rules for MKX:

"Kung Lao & Ermac specific rules –
Players using Kung Lao or Ermac at Combo Breaker will have their matches monitored by an Event Referee. Should their respective glitches be utilized abusively the offending player will forfeit the round. If players continue use of a glitch after the initial punishment they will be removed from the bracket.
It is up to the referee’s discretion to establish abusive use, not the players. Any disputes with rulings may be taken up with the event organizer, @thehadou. Know in advance that Combo Breaker stands behind its referee staff."

I would rather lose and bitch about a glitch instead of lose because of a stupid decision by an other person. How is this any better than letting the glitch rock or banning the character altogether? How is the refferee going to decide weather Lao is using the glitch excecively or not? It is too subjective.
This knock down situation is actually pretty profane. I'd rather laugh at Tom Brady for losing to a Lao spamming those unsafe wake-ups than be mad someone who won using them. Smh.
PL, though, if you're going, let it rock!

P.S. Soutouts to 24-low hat.

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.
So the rules for MKX:

"Kung Lao & Ermac specific rules –
Players using Kung Lao or Ermac at Combo Breaker will have their matches monitored by an Event Referee. Should their respective glitches be utilized abusively the offending player will forfeit the round. If players continue use of a glitch after the initial punishment they will be removed from the bracket.
It is up to the referee’s discretion to establish abusive use, not the players. Any disputes with rulings may be taken up with the event organizer, @thehadou. Know in advance that Combo Breaker stands behind its referee staff."

I would rather lose and bitch about a glitch instead of lose because of a stupid decision by an other person. How is this any better than letting the glitch rock or banning the character altogether? How is the refferee going to decide weather Lao is using the glitch excecively or not? It is too subjective.
This knock down situation is actually pretty profane. I'd rather laugh at Tom Brady for losing to a Lao spamming those unsafe wake-ups than be mad someone who won using them. Smh.
PL, though, if you're going, let it rock!

P.S. Soutouts to 24-low hat.
Rules are being actively refined until tomorrow night. Referees are going to operate under specific directives and will not be empowered to make arbitrary decisions. The discretion comes in, as with other games, if new glitches or unforeseen related glitches are discovered mid-match.

In cases of uncerntainity their primary objective is to not interfere.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
How will you forfeit a round without affecting other aspects (meter, stage position, etc.)?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How will you forfeit a round without affecting other aspects (meter, stage position, etc.)?
You don't, other than making the KL lose the bar that they gained for the glitch.

This is basically the same rule as game pauses except more lenient.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
You don't, other than making the KL lose the bar that they gained for the glitch.

This is basically the same rule as game pauses except more lenient.
Hm. Help me out cause I'm trying to picture how it works.

It's round 1, you're losing to KL and he fouls you. You're halfway to the right corner of the stage. Do you just sit there and uppercut the opponent til you're ahead in life, try to reposition yourselves, then let the timer run out?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hm. Help me out cause I'm trying to picture how it works.

It's round 1, you're losing to KL and he fouls you. You're halfway to the right corner of the stage. Do you just sit there and uppercut the opponent til you're ahead in life, try to reposition yourselves, then let the timer run out?
Im not sure exactly how it will work at combo breaker. From what I've seen they usually just get combo'd until the round is over, then play continues. You would have to ask @Rocksteady how that situation would be handled.

thehadou

Im not sure exactly how it will work at combo breaker. From what I've seen they usually just get combo'd until the round is over, then play continues. You would have to ask @Rocksteady how that situation would be handled.
Were working on refining the ruleset for tomorrow's release. At this point itemizing out specifics like this won't be productive. We'll re-up tomorrow.

thehadou

Kung Lao, Final Ruling

In Mortal Kombat X Kung Lao has an abusable meter gain bug. Due to the abusable nature of this bug, all Kung Lao matches at Combo Breaker will be refereed. Referees are instructed to enforce a tournament wide ban on wake-up teleport in all 3 of Kung Lao’s variations, and wake-up hat toss in the non-buzzsaw variations.

If you use either of these techniques, you will be issued a warning on the spot. If you do it again, you will be disqualified from tournament play on the spot. This warning will follow you for the duration of the tournament, it is not on a per-match basis.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes Kung Lao players, but we believe it is in the best interest of the tournament. Instead of a tournament wide ban on Kung Lao 4 days before the tournament, this ruling allows players to play their character in some capacity.