What's new

[May 22, 2015] COMBO BREAKER (Rosemont, IL)

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.
A Hadou & Gaming Generations event

Combo Breaker presented by CyberPower // www.combobreaker.org
Back for the first time, the chosen successor to the Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament series. In 2015 the Midwest’s tournament legacy lives on.

Date:
May 22-24, 2015
Chicago, Illinois.

Venue:
The Crowne-Plaza O’Hare
5440 N River Rd. Rosemont, IL 60018
Rooms available now for $89.99 a night! http://bit.ly/1CEyoEn
Reservations also available at 1-877-337-5793, just mention Combo Breaker.

Airport: For those flying in we recommend O’Hare International Airport (ORD).

www.combobreaker.org/registration (desktop recommended)
$35 Regular (ends May 1st, 2015)
$45 Late (ends May 18th, 2015)
$70 Emergency On-Site (not guaranteed available for all games)
$10 per tournament game

Event Features:
24/7 tournament gaming room. Play all night!
In Venue arcade (presented by Galloping Ghost)
Specialty auction tournaments
Visiting artists
Vendors
& More

Event Tournaments: www.combobreaker.org/tournaments
Ultra Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360) - Capcom Pro Tour Ranking Points
Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
Killer Instinct (Xbox One) - $1k pot bonus / KI World Cup instant qualifier
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3)
Super Smash Brothers (Wii-U) - $1k pt bonus from Gaming Generations
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Mystery Game Tournament (Various) - 128 player cap
Skullgirls: Encore (PS3) - $2k pot bonus from Lab Zero Games

Super Smash Brothers Melee (Gamecube/Wii)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360)
King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late (PS3)
Divekick: Addition Edition (PS3)
Lethal League 2v2 (PC) - 2v2 Team Tournament

Featured Retro Titles: (32 player soft cap)
Vampire Savior (Xbox 360 / XBLA)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Xbox 360 / XBLA)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Xbox 360 / XBLA)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)

Rules:
Event rules available HERE. Individual game rules available HERE.
Player FAQ HERE. Prizing information HERE.

Broadcast partners:
Team Sp00ky
VGBootCamp
Callisto
Galloping Ghost Arcade

Commentator list HERE.

Sponsors & Affiliates:
CyberPower Systems // @cyberpowerinfo
Gaming Generations // @gaming_gen
One Frame Link // @OneFrameLink
Iron Galaxy Studios // @ItotheG
Eightarc // @eightarc
RecRoom Masters // @recroommasters
Galloping Ghost Arcade // @Gghostarcade
Twitch TV // @twitch
Mad Catz // @madcatz
KI World Cup // @ultraarcade

Event Organizer: @thehadou
Logistics Directors: @gaminggenerations
Brackets: @CurlyW
Guest Host: @ceojebailey
Additional support by the multi-year consistent UFGT series staff.

Join our Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/514691945339243/

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
That's a lot of money to spend to get bodied by my friends....

Been so long though.... and that MKX hype...

Hopefully I can go.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i missed last years UFGT because no one wanted to drive over with me, this year i say fuck it, i'll drive by myself, saved up a bunch of money for tournaments for MKX this is one of the stops!! if you're on the EC, are cool and wanna split the trip let me know.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I heard someone else make a comment this one is just a pot for the people who tested the game. Oh well, it should be fun anyways. I was at UFGT last year, hopefully this is just as good.

Bugman

Noob
i missed last years UFGT because no one wanted to drive over with me, this year i say fuck it, i'll drive by myself, saved up a bunch of money for tournaments for MKX this is one of the stops!! if you're on the EC, are cool and wanna split the trip let me know.
What...:eek: Zyphox is coming to Combo Breaker in Chicago? My hometown? I will see you there my friend.

Hey do u think if I practiced a little, that i could go too? And maybe try to compete in tourney for the first time?

Zyphox

Hey do u think if I practiced a little, that i could go too? And maybe try to compete in tourney for the first time?
lol you don't have to be good to ride in my car man, do you live on the East Coast? i live in PA. if you do live on the East Coast i would make an EC event your first, i'm sure ECT will be around the week before or after this one. there are also local tournaments every week and such to get tournament experience but closer to this date i'll let you know if i'm going in my car or if EC players are all going in a Van or something (i'll join them on that usually) i just want to have a back up plan in case no one from EC trying to drive again.

lol you don't have to be good to ride in my car man, do you live on the East Coast? i live in PA. if you do live on the East Coast i would make an EC event your first, i'm sure ECT will be around the week before or after this one. there are also local tournaments every week and such to get tournament experience but closer to this date i'll let you know if i'm going in my car or if EC players are all going in a Van or something (i'll join them on that usually) i just want to have a back up plan in case no one from EC trying to drive again.
Yes but I would like to know if u think I can compete, maybe not win, but at least do well. And I live in Florida....

Zyphox

Yes but I would like to know if u think I can compete, maybe not win, but at least do well. And I live in Florida....
dude anyone can Compete, i can't judge you based on playing a set with you online. that and MKX is a brand new game, new players will be top, its all about hard work and determination, what part of Florida do you love? either way you better be at CEO this year XD

dude anyone can Compete, i can't judge you based on playing a set with you online. that and MKX is a brand new game, new players will be top, its all about hard work and determination, what part of Florida do you love? either way you better be at CEO this year XD
I'll definitley try man, but no guarantees....I still have to try to finish school and keep training for sports

cR_MindSet

@cR_MindSet
Can someone confirm for me if there is a Spectator Pass that is needed to watch the event? We have a few people that want to come and watch but cannot find this info anywhere. :) Thanks!

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.
@cR_MindSet

No Spec Pass needed. Eyeballs are free at Combo Breaker. If they decide to enter side tournaments or compete though they'll need to pick up a Casuals Pass - which will be available on site.