What's new

Loopable pressure discussion

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
you are pointing out a minority.

u are pointing out a minoritt. thank you. for the small box/strange hit box characters like reptile/mileena et cetera u just do f1 mb uprocket instead. leaves u at ~+20-30 depending if duck or stand blocking

I've been saying it since day one... Nerf the bitch! Forget the back of the bus, I say we just throw her off it.

Great... No that the cat's out of the bag. We're gonna see even MORE Jacqui's at majors in Top 8 on stream, as if we haven't seen enough.

Just trollin ya Doc. I'm not a fan of what you're referring to either. If only Jacqui could... never mind, nerf that bitch into the ground.

@WidowPuppy F12~up rocket (meterless) is pretty good. If they block the second hit high the up missle will always hit.
I know. Thanks though.

@WidowPuppy F12~up rocket (meterless) is pretty good. If they block the second hit high the up missle will always hit.
yep and you are very plus. as you already know (it sounds like) if they duck it they get a free poke. her f12 is ver good.

f1 to nothing... throw or d1 beats almost anything 7/8 frames or slower
f12 to nothing... throw or d1 beats almost anything 8/9 frames or slower
f12 mb up rocket on most characters allows u to be plus a million and a jailed overhead/low starter
f12 walk back... her walk speed is amazing and sets up whiff punish situations
f12 low rocket... gimmick but works when used sparingly
f12 machine gun is good too... creates space and very hard to punish specially with the threat of mb'ing
f12 to overhead or low if they are respcting frame advantage
F12 jump over 1 to overhead low.. gimmicky but solid

F1 has great anti air properties and cannot be low profiled except in early frames. very good poke ... sucks it is what... 15 frames?

jacqui is an 8 frame d4 away from being top 10 character. i would like to see bf2 launch like the non mb version does

DEVILJ23

Grim Reaper
JC, Liu Kang and Jax, buttons all day, too many +++. Almost block infinite on Quan, Ermac, Predator. NRS NEXT BALANCE PATCH IS NECESSARY.

I've been saying it since day one... Nerf the bitch! Forget the back of the bus, I say we just throw her off it.

Great... No that the cat's out of the bag. We're gonna see even MORE Jacqui's at majors in Top 8 on stream, as if we haven't seen enough.

Just trollin ya Doc. I'm not a fan of what you're referring to either. If only Jacqui could... never mind, nerf that bitch into the ground.
not really sure what i am reading here. but jacqui is solid. mid tier right now. she gets destroyed by characters with good normals. one of her only real issues. she has:
great walk speed, great damage, 50/50, controls the pace of a match well. her jump normals and ground normals suck so bad. lol i think her d1 has more range than her d3. its funny.

same thing as lui kang my friend. kang has cage like pressure which is better than jax and dvorah. kangs issue is he has bad normals and has a hard time getting started. like i said somewhere else. give kang cage's d4 or f 3 and he was be very good.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
not really sure what i am reading here. but jacqui is solid. mid tier right now. she gets destroyed by characters with good normals. one of her only real issues. she has:
great walk speed, great damage, 50/50, controls the pace of a match well. her jump normals and ground normals suck so bad. lol i think her d1 has more range than her d3. its funny.

same thing as lui kang my friend. kang has cage like pressure which is better than jax and dvorah. kangs issue is he has bad normals and has a hard time getting started. like i said somewhere else. give kang cage's d4 or f 3 and he was be very good.
Yup. She would be better with a faster D4. Never said she was bad, or not mid tier. Just... Her downfalls lead to almost everyone who plays her to eventually drop her. Her strong points are way better on paper than in actual MU's. And her weak points like her 13 frame D4, and D3 that can barely reach 90% of the casts poke range, along with her Quick Jab S1 being unusable in a shitload of punishing situations, are just outright like WTF?

Anyway. I agree that some block pressure strings in the game are OP. Not up to me to decide which ones. And with Jacqui's weaknesses, her meter is spent much better on other things IMO.

ando1184

Noob
Yesterday you said Kitanas Glaive pressure was uninterruptable. But it is.
If the kitana player is doing the run cancel properly, then she can time her standing 2 and the returning hit of the ex glaive at the same time. So it is uninterruptable and stuffs armored attempts, however most characters can backdash the returning hit on the ex glaive. It's fairly simple to do too, just block the first glaive then immediately back dash. There are some other characters that can't back dash as well like; Kung Lao and Kenshi.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
If the kitana player is doing the run cancel properly, then she can time her standing 2 and the returning hit of the ex glaive at the same time. So it is uninterruptable and stuffs armored attempts, however most characters can backdash the returning hit on the ex glaive. It's fairly simple to do too, just block the first glaive then immediately back dash. There are some other characters that can't back dash as well like; Kung Lao and Kenshi.
Yeah I am aware I said that in the other thread. It's just Im not a fan of false information. Which yesterday he said there only a gap if done full screen and then demanded an apology.

Also I'm not denying how good her pressure is. Because it's REAL good

Do you guys realize the best quan chi's out there touch you one time and you have to block until he is out of meter. He can cancel everything into MB rune and be +14. He can loop an exotic amount of mix ups.
Quan CHI CANNOT CANCEL EVERYTHING INTO MB RUNE FOR FREE, only b1, b2, 14, 3, 4 and f212 are gapeless cancels and even then b234 followup is punishable, b23 at anytime into mb rune is armorable/backdashable and even b324 by it slef ,if not spaced right or if quan run cancel into it has a gap, only in summoner he can make b324 safe with a well timed mid bat follow and B2 after a rune is not garanteed, i dont know how many times i have to use this videos by @Insuperable:

Low into mb rune:

Overhead into meterburn rune:

Exotic amount of mix ups:rolleyes:

OR do not allow quan chi to activate a bat while an opponent is in trance and give him a viable armor wakeup move
If so then the bat SHOULD not go away on hit and should be active for 10 secs instead of the 5 right now otherwise it becomes useless since quan can be easily punished for summoning it midscreen.

Same as Kang Cage, Dvorah. Reduce cancel advantage of missle by 1-3 frames. make stand 1, 8 frames of startup
except for one cancel that is like +2, all other cancels are -6 atleast some are even more minus. He can only do one which drains about 60% of hes stamina and is just there for throw mixups or hit confirming.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
LOLOLOL suggesting Jacqui nerfs, are you actually serious?

you are pointing out a minority.

u are pointing out a minoritt. thank you. for the small box/strange hit box characters like reptile/mileena et cetera u just do f1 mb uprocket instead. leaves u at ~+20-30 depending if duck or stand blocking
f1~db2(ex) has a gap that can be backdashed or armoured through.

And there are several characters that can get out of this, Mileena, Reptile, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Shinnok, D'Vorah, Cassie, Jacqui, Sonya, Liu Kang...

Good on you though for doing your research though buddy.

This is wrong. In fact, you can block all hits standing and not even duck and it'll still whiff on sub zero, scorpion and mileena 2/3rds of the time.

yep and you are very plus. as you already know (it sounds like) if they duck it they get a free poke. her f12 is ver good.

f1 to nothing... throw or d1 beats almost anything 7/8 frames or slower
f12 to nothing... throw or d1 beats almost anything 8/9 frames or slower
f12 mb up rocket on most characters allows u to be plus a million and a jailed overhead/low starter
f12 walk back... her walk speed is amazing and sets up whiff punish situations
f12 low rocket... gimmick but works when used sparingly
f12 machine gun is good too... creates space and very hard to punish specially with the threat of mb'ing
f12 to overhead or low if they are respcting frame advantage
F12 jump over 1 to overhead low.. gimmicky but solid

F1 has great anti air properties and cannot be low profiled except in early frames. very good poke ... sucks it is what... 15 frames?

jacqui is an 8 frame d4 away from being top 10 character. i would like to see bf2 launch like the non mb version does
Jacqui needs more than an 8frame d4 to be a top character.

f12 is hardly as good as you make it out to be. A 15 frame armourless anti-air that doesn't lead to full combo... Lol.

f12~db3 and f12, jump over are very gimmicky and not solid in the slightest. Anyone with even a little Jacqui experience will not stand there doing nothing after f12

You're acting like most characters don't have a 7-8 frame move with which to beat you out.

f12~ df2 is very difficult to punish, but the threat of MB is not why. Those that do punish do so with a reversal MB special which eats the ex missile anyways.

Jacqui is not 'solid'. MoS Ermac is solid, Kitana is solid, even perhaps reptile is solid. Jacqui is not. Please stop spreading misinformation.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Your wrong in a lot of itens there, and NRS is doing just that in the latest patches, making those loopable pressures not braindead, shinnok has to hit a 2 frame link to make it loopable, and he can get what for that? 10% chip? big deal.
JC can only rc 2 string/normals before he runs out of stamina, exFB is +4 and can just frame trap with F3(11 frames)... its not nearly loopable like you said, and if it ever get nerfed JC will be really shit.
Erron and Jax most cancels are - on block.

Also people, keep in mind that you do not want to make every character play the same. So do not normalize characters towards other characters.

If characters play the same in this game. I-would-not-play-the-game.

Last edited:
Some stuff he is off on and a few he has a point even if the point he is making is the wrong point lol. There are a few things that should obviously be addressed. Saying "stfu and hit the lab" only goes so far..

I remind you of these words -
- "Kabal loses no mu's? LOL Kabal is fine, stfu and hit the lab".
- "Kenshi is far from broke, hit the lab and expose his weaknesses such as being free to cross over jump ins on wake up".
- "Cyrax is fine, he loses many mu's. You just have to hit the lab and learn how to fight him".

Years later EVERYONE who said "stfu and hit the lab" then went on to criticize the very game they said was fine for almost 4 years and said things like "The game was unbalanced. Characters like Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, etc.. were too much". Ironic...

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Cassies B1 is -7 and has the same range and it's regarded as one of the best footsie tools. F3 is a solid footsie tool and is one of the best in the game for sure.
Cassie b1 is 10 frames, hits from half screen distance, the complete string is plus on block.

Johnny f3 is 11, -8 on block. Has roughly 2/3 of b1 range, F34 is -8 too...in A-List is -11.

Both are good, but b1 is FAR better

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Cassie b1 is 10 frames, hits from half screen distance, the complete string is plus on block.

Johnny f3 is 11, -8 on block. Has roughly 2/3 of b1 range, F34 is -8 too...in A-List is -11.

Both are good, but b1 is FAR better
Cassie's B1 is 11 frames actually, the same as Johnnies. I don't think it's "FAR" better. From what I can see, they have the same range. Cassies B1 also doesn't go half screen lol. In Stunt Double and A-list, F3 can become plus on block with mimic/SKRC which allows for frame traps. Johnnies F3 has twice as many active frames as Cassies B1. There's 1 frame of difference between both moves on block, hardly significant.