What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So we are robots? So you should be able to poke out of the window you have. Glad we figured this out.
Never said that. I said Murk is pretty good with the cancels. I already said I don't agree with the whole robot thing. I'm constantly looking for the few frame window I have to press ONE button. Meanwhile LK is free to do pretty much whatever he wants because I'm worried about f213, F4, B2, throw, 2 bar flying kick. If I want anything I have to hope he either presses too many buttons (never really has too) or he blocks long enough for a mixup to happen (so he's not just blocking my one down poke to his 11 hit block string that chipped and built meter).

Nothing to do with being a robot, More to do with the fact that when I'm full screen I'm playing his game and when I'm in close I'm playing his game. Until he messes up in which case I get one sequence where I have to be near perfect or uses one of his many tools and I'm back at square 1.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Never said that. I said Murk is pretty good with the cancels. I already said I don't agree with the whole robot thing. I'm constantly looking for the few frame window I have to press ONE button. Meanwhile LK is free to do pretty much whatever he wants because I'm worried about f213, F4, B2, throw, 2 bar flying kick. If I want anything I have to hope he either presses too many buttons (never really has too) or he blocks long enough for a mixup to happen (so he's not just blocking my one down poke to his 11 hit block string that chipped and built meter).

Nothing to do with being a robot, More to do with the fact that when I'm full screen I'm playing his game and when I'm in close I'm playing his game. Until he messes up in which case I get one sequence where I have to be near perfect or uses one of his many tools and I'm back at square 1.
Sounds like even without the pressure you can't handle his zoning. If that's the case, the pressure was never the issue

Lone

KHAOTIC
I'm not even going to discuss this ridiculous topic anymore, so many Kangs have said to nerf the MB kick.

@buyacushun, I've seen so many of your posts on this site and it seems like you don't understand too much about characters other than your own, or how to apply them vs the cast.

Kotal has a D1 and D4 that you can use vs our pressure, they're both 6f, how plus are you on whiffed air grabs from the 114 string, is it +4 or so? How fast is your quickest mid, 9f? 5 after the whiffed air grab, while your D1/4 are 2f?

Liu's D1(mid) is 9f, B1(mid) is 9f, and F1(high) is 6f while D2(high) is 7f, while he is under pressure/neutral game.

That means we have to armor out, x-ray, or back dash to escape your own pressure.

I would suggest you find a way around the zoning, close in with your great normals that advance/Ji1 and pressure/condition/mixup. That's broad but we all play a fighting game, got to have a feel for what to do. Maybe you'll have to try War God and armor through a projectile on reaction to full combo punish.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Sounds like even without the pressure you can't handle his zoning. If that's the case, the pressure was never the issue
I can handle the zoning. It is difficult and I'm online but every match I work on my parry timings and running and ducking the fireballs. I'll spend some time intentionally full screen. LK's fireball game is pretty good though.

I'm not even going to discuss this ridiculous topic anymore, so many Kangs have said to nerf the MB kick.

@buyacushun, I've seen so many of your posts on this site and it seems like you don't understand too much about characters other than your own, or how to apply them vs the cast.

Kotal has a D1 and D4 that you can use vs our pressure, they're both 6f, how plus are you on whiffed air grabs from the 114 string, is it +4 or so? How fast is your quickest mid, 9f? 5 after the whiffed air grab, while your D1/4 are 2f?

Liu's D1(mid) is 9f, B1(mid) is 9f, and F1(high) is 6f while D2(high) is 7f, while he is under pressure/neutral game.

That means we have to armor out, x-ray, or back dash to escape your own pressure.

I would suggest you find a way around the zoning, close in with your great normals that advance/Ji1 and pressure/condition/mixup. That's broad but we all play a fighting game, got to have a feel for what to do. Maybe you'll have to try War God and armor through a projectile on reaction to full combo punish.
I don't understand some of the cast. I usually try to ask questions first to get the big picture with characters. I did the same thing in this very thread and made sure I understood how this stuff was working out. I still don't see the bad part in making the mb flying kick neutral and giving LK's opponents some more space that he has to respect. But if you or anyone else can clue me in I'll listen.

I know how Kotal's stuff works. But it's not as simple as doing 114. Sometimes 11 whiffs. I have to get a jump in or hit a poke first usually. It's much easier for LK to get started than Kotal. I also have to make much more dangerous reads than he does during pressure. LK builds meter much better than Kotal does. He can constantly armor out or mb flying kick. Kotal's pressure string has more holes in it and not really guaranteed. Right now this MU feels pretty rough but if you have any gameplan ideas, I'm all ears. I plan to continue playing Murk.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @Lone If you or any other LK's would like to play on PSN or PC I'm down. It'd be much appreciated.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I can handle the zoning. It is difficult and I'm online but every match I work on my parry timings and running and ducking the fireballs. I'll spend some time intentionally full screen. LK's fireball game is pretty good though.

I don't understand some of the cast. I usually try to ask questions first to get the big picture with characters. I did the same thing in this very thread and made sure I understood how this stuff was working out. I still don't see the bad part in making the mb flying kick neutral and giving LK's opponents some more space that he has to respect. But if you or anyone else can clue me in I'll listen.

I know how Kotal's stuff works. But it's not as simple as doing 114. Sometimes 11 whiffs. I have to get a jump in or hit a poke first usually. It's much easier for LK to get started than Kotal. I also have to make much more dangerous reads than he does during pressure. LK builds meter much better than Kotal does. He can constantly armor out or mb flying kick. Kotal's pressure string has more holes in it and not really guaranteed. Right now this MU feels pretty rough but if you have any gameplan ideas, I'm all ears. I plan to continue playing Murk.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @Lone If you or any other LK's would like to play on PSN or PC I'm down. It'd be much appreciated.
I play sun god and feel your pain sometimes. I agree that Kang has great pressure with few holes. Nonetheless, there are holes and it isn't an infinite is my whole point

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
your not a fool but you might have listened to closely to the propaganda being spread by some players on here. Reality is, this is not an infinite and you can get out if you put in the effort to learn your opportunities.

If you play kenshi then I feel bad cause its a legit problem if you let him get his offense going...but even then its not an infinite. :)
I'm lucky enough to main a character with a 7f armored reversal, so i know i have options... cant say the same thing for other chars as you mentioned.

I dont wanna argue semantics but, by definition, isnt a blockstring supposed to leave you with no chance to press a button?

i surley dont want to try poke / armor on f213 fbrc, cause i'd be dumb if i'd try to do that. that's just relying purely on an opponents input error / execution mistake, a.k.a. luck. sure, i can try one time, just to let them know they must play like robots and dont fuck up cause i might actually try a reversal in a situation where i probably couldnt. but no, seriously... i'm good enough trying to do something after mb fk, wich is the only chance you get to escape lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm lucky enough to main a character with a 7f armored reversal, so i know i have options... cant say the same thing for other chars as you mentioned.

I dont wanna argue semantics but, by definition, isnt a blockstring supposed to leave you with no chance to press a button?

i surley dont want to try poke / armor on f213 fbrc, cause i'd be dumb if i'd try to do that. that's just relying purely on an opponents input error / execution mistake, a.k.a. luck. sure, i can try one time, just to let them know they must play like robots and dont fuck up cause i might actually try a reversal in a situation where i probably couldnt. but no, seriously... i'm good enough trying to do something after mb fk, wich is the only chance you get to escape lol
Word

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
This word "infinite" is being poorly used, thrown about and passed around like nine tails chackrah.
Well, Tom is the one who said it. Have you heard him pronounce okizeme? Language might not be the boy's strong suit. To his credit, he did say 'psuedo' infinite, which most people have chosen to ignore, or simply don't know it means fake.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well, Tom is the one who said it. Have you heard him pronounce okizeme? Language might not be the boy's strong suit. To his credit, he did say 'psuedo' infinite, which most people have chosen to ignore, or simply don't know it means fake.
Words like 'pseudo' 'broke' 'no options' are way to over used due to the mentality we have about developers using our ideas to balance.

Edit:
Oh and 'normalized'. Jeez I hate that one

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
FK MB NEUTRAL ON BLOCK IS ALL HE NEEDS. YOU KANG WHINERS HAVE GONE ON FOR 29 PAGES! CAN Y'ALL STOP YET? CAPSLOCK MIGHT MAKE PPL SEE ME BETTER! :D lol
I would probably never use it then considering how DB2 is -2 and wouldn't take a bar. The answer is in fixing the other characters by giving them a fast low poke or jab.

Anyways, the main reason I logged in is to congratulate you on ESL and to say that you should grab more lol. Also try to add 112 FBRC to your run cancel game.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I have to cancel my fireball AND cancel my run. It is not just one cancel as many people think and the room for error is large enough to warrant my post.
u mean like every other character that can run cancel a fireball?
i get your going strong on the whole "its not a infinite" defense stance but to try use the mechanic of how every other run cancel characters works as a defense? you might as well be a cyrax player saying " i have to press back back AND 3 to get my net to come out"

FK MB NEUTRAL ON BLOCK IS ALL HE NEEDS. YOU KANG WHINERS HAVE GONE ON FOR 29 PAGES! CAN Y'ALL STOP YET? CAPSLOCK MIGHT MAKE PPL SEE ME BETTER! :D lol
to be fair you were whining about kang being a instant bottom tier if they touch his cancels, which imo is one of the most ludicrous statements of the 29 pages.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
This is still going? I really dont care if they nerf/fix/adjust liu kang. Ill just adjust with the changes. Seems not a lot of thought went into the design of most characters, every week something silly is being discovered. I doubt we will see cancel characters in mk11 with all the issues they cause. You guys are here debating about changes more than nrs are lol. Just shut up and wait for the kp2 patches. Because a lot of things will change.its really not that serious...

I would probably never use it then considering how DB2 is -2 and wouldn't take a bar. The answer is in fixing the other characters by giving them a fast low poke or jab.

Anyways, the main reason I logged in is to congratulate you on ESL and to say that you should grab more lol. Also try to add 112 FBRC to your run cancel game.
Don't take anything from my esl games it was too laggy , yeh I do 112 fbrc all the time

i get your going strong on the whole "its not a infinite" defense stance but to try use the mechanic of how every other run cancel characters works as a defense? you might as well be a cyrax player saying " i have to press back back AND 3 to get my net to come out"

to be fair you were whining about kang being a instant bottom tier if they touch his cancels, which imo is one of the most ludicrous statements of the 29 pages.
He would , who r you. Get out you Liu Lang noob lol. Every one who plays Liu kang knows it, his run cancels aren't the problem it's his fk mb. I hate ppl who can't even play the character stick their noses and dno what they're on about. If u get rid of his cancels To be plus 5 or 6 then HE CAN STILL INFINITE PPL. I think I know more about Liu kang dragon fire than anyone else bro

If they're going to give every character including Kung Lao a 7 frame poke then I hope NRS doesn't feel like nerfing something from him to compensate, I'd rather EX Spin and if I don't have meter block infinite me to death ;)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Go into practice mode, pick predator hqt, learn his cancels, then go practice Kang cancels.

Once you do that lets talk about what you said.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Also look at cage f3 charge cancels.
Only thing similar to my knowledge is some of a list and devorah.

It's not all the same and your lump assumption continues to prove my point

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Go into practice mode, pick predator hqt, learn his cancels, then go practice Kang cancels.

Once you do that lets talk about what you said.
go back up the page and re read my post where i clearly say run cancels, not dd style cancels like tanya/pred/tremors shatter, run cancels.

but if you really wanna have that talk loop jailing ex stone punch cancels back to back with no error then we can have that chat about execution.

Don't take anything from my esl games it was too laggy , yeh I do 112 fbrc all the time

He would , who r you. Get out you Liu Lang noob lol. Every one who plays Liu kang knows it, his run cancels aren't the problem it's his fk mb. I hate ppl who can't even play the character stick their noses and dno what they're on about. If u get rid of his cancels To be plus 5 or 6 then HE CAN STILL INFINITE PPL. I think I know more about Liu kang dragon fire than anyone else bro
what is this?? online ranked???

i didnt say ANYTHING about infinites.
i didnt say ANYTHING about changing to +5 or +6
i didnt say ANYTHING about how much you do or dont know vs any one else
i commented about that you saying if they touched his fb cancels at all in any way shape or form the character is instant bottom 5 was dumb, IMO, nothing more.
so put your butthurt epenis back in your panties cause im really not arsed trying to engage in a conversation were im having to defend points i didnt even make, have a nice day.

Ok muthafuckas!!!

Read, eat and shiit wu kang with these choices;

Nerfing mb flying bicycle kick to neutral will require a buff to his d1 for a faster start up (not to where he can keep pressure but to ensure he can trade so that the playing field becomes truly evem to those who THINK it isn't at the moment).

Also making the overhead head that requires 2 bars to be buffed to plus 2 on block so thaf we can be rewarded for using 2 bars.

Those are the viable options for nerfing flying bicycle kick to neutral.

Moderators PLEASE close this thread smh.