What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang 8-31-2015 Patch Notes

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
if other chars lost loops they had, so maybe suggest kang shouldnt have his no?

i dislike kang since mk2 it aint a new thing lol
Liu is a purely pressure based and zoning character, unlike D'vorah who get's a 50/50 off her RCs not to mention the range on that f112 string. Characters like Johnny Cage and Scorpion(more prepatch to an extent) were able to end each combo in a standing reset and continue their blockstrings for greater meter build, and Cage doesn't even need meter to stay in and pressure.

They're fine the way they are now, you have to have high execution to get them to jail constantly.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Prepatch it was +20 on block

They nerfed F213 cancel advantage by 5 frames so now it's +15.

Then they also nerfed each FBRC to be held for 4 frames so it's +11.

And F2 is 10 frames, so it only truly jails if you can get the RC in the 1 or 2 frame window. How isn't that high execution?
im popping them out back to back to back with zero issues and i dont even use kang, its not hard what so ever.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Gonna try this today. If it is just a matter of making adjustments and it still works then I apologize for overreacting. Just read other dudes' reviews and got kind of worried; not to mention what was said on the stream contradicts what people are saying regarding the cancel pressure.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Gonna try this today. If it is just a matter of making adjustments and it still works then I apologize for overreacting. Just read other dudes' reviews and got kind of worried; not to mention what was said on the stream contradicts what people are saying regarding the cancel pressure.
It is harder for sure, but his pressure is still very much in tact and he can still confirm using his cancels.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
F213 FB RC loops were never the issue since midscreen he had nothing to combo you if you take the last hit of f213.

The optimal pressure is in the corner, and it now reads as F213 FB RC X2 f44 flying kick mb.

At this point, b12 fbrc looks to be minus (possibly punishable), so if Liu reads a backdash/button press he can do that, but if he is wrong then his turn is over. If you respect it, he can loop. This is much better than before when he could just b12 fbrc and still be plus.

The best balance choice was keeping f44 plus but talking away the jailing. I am happy to let DF players downplay to their hearts content now.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
F213 FB RC loops were never the issue since midscreen he had nothing to combo you if you take the last hit of f213.

The optimal pressure is in the corner, and it now reads as F213 FB RC X2 f44 flying kick mb.

At this point, b12 fbrc looks to be minus (possibly punishable), so if Liu reads a backdash/button press he can do that, but if he is wrong then his turn is over. If you respect it, he can loop. This is much better than before when he could just b12 fbrc and still be plus.

The best balance choice was keeping f44 plus but talking away the jailing. I am happy to let DF players downplay to their hearts content now.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Guys,

Colt said in another thread that the run cancel bug is due to hotfix data on the live servers and that this is already in the process of getting a fix....
I don't think this will affect the frame data on his cancels, as they made a point of specifically altering how Liu cancels, could be wrong though.

People are having difficulty with canceling because the muscle memory doesn't work anymore. It's hard to tell what cancel data actually is because it is unlikely that people are optimally hitting these cancel windows just yet.

I don't think this will affect the frame data on his cancels, as they made a point of specifically altering how Liu cancels, could be wrong though.

People are having difficulty with canceling because the muscle memory doesn't work anymore. It's hard to tell what cancel data actually is because it is unlikely that people are optimally hitting these cancel windows just yet.
I agree with you here. I haven't tried it yet but this happened with Scorpion's combos for me when they nerfed HF. The muscle memory has to be adjusted significantly.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I think after they fix the bug you'll still see Liu nerfed on block substantially but his hit combo links will return. Remember the patch notes specifically stated that the 4f hold only applied while opponent was in block stun a la D'Vorah.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
I think after they fix the bug you'll still see Liu nerfed on block substantially but his hit combo links will return. Remember the patch notes specifically stated that the 4f hold only applied while opponent was in block stun a la D'Vorah.
So when fixed if they are blocking then you will have to wait to run cancel 4 frames later than you will if it hits? I feel like that will make things weird muscle memory wise having to react to that then know that you have to wait on the cancel. And some people say liu kang isn't hard execution lol

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Can someone who has the patch please explain what exactly changed with flame fist?

Prior to the patch ex wp only jailed against a few characters - everyone else could armour before the last hit. Does it jail vs everyone now? What does the reduced cancel advantage do?

Anyone know the frame adv on f213 ex shaolin flame?

Do the first two hits of 113 still whiff against crouch blockers?