What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang 8-31-2015 Patch Notes

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
My biggest issue with Dualist has always been crappy projectiles. We shall see...
When I first looked at Dualist, my initial thoughts after playing it around with it were:

"Okay, so he can charge for either healing or damage, but he needs time to do it or he'll get destroyed. That's fair. Liu has pretty good zoning and some knock back strings. It might be workable.

... wow these projectiles are ass! That gameplan isn't going to work. In fact, how will the healing work at all?"

I tend to not like characters that have abilities that just don't work well from a design perspective.

When I first looked at Dualist, my initial thoughts after playing it around with it were:

"Okay, so he can charge for either healing or damage, but he needs time to do it or he'll get destroyed. That's fair. Liu has pretty good zoning and some knock back strings. It might be workable.

... wow these projectiles are ass! That gameplan isn't going to work. In fact, how will the healing work at all?"

I tend to not like characters that have abilities that just don't work well from a design perspective.
This exactly. Everyone keeps talking about this godlike pressure also and I'm just like, since when? Brady was goin on @ summer jam about it also and compared to all of the other pressure characters/variations i'm just like.. "ok"

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
So dragons fires pressure is pretty bad now. The minus 5 frames is fine by the additional 4 frames that you have to hold the fireball before dashing or canceling was a HUGE nerf. Dualist still has trash dark spheres and god awful healing and buff but pretty nice zoning now. The buff to the cancels were cool. But lius inconsistencies were not fixed. I guess liu community isnt as loud as the others...because this has been a problem since day 1

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
So dragons fires pressure is pretty bad now. The minus 5 frames is fine by the additional 4 frames that you have to hold the fireball before dashing or canceling was a HUGE nerf. Dualist still has trash dark spheres and god awful healing and buff but pretty nice zoning now. The buff to the cancels were cool. But lius inconsistencies were not fixed. I guess liu community isnt as loud as the others...because this has been a problem since day 1
so its harder to do run cancels basically?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Can't even link f44 fbrc into f44 fbrc on hit anymore..b12 into fbrc into f44 or 113 no longer links and f44 fbrc into 113 cant either. Gg..bodied lol

Enexemander

The "Liu Community" was plenty loud. They were screaming for nerfs, and low and behold, we got them. So DF, which never did well in tournament, got the nerf bat.

Meanwhile, not a word on Johnny's cancel advantage. Have you seen Dizzy's thread? A-List has hella plus frames. I can't wait to see Dizzy's Johnny at the next tournament. It's going to be a run cancel monster of epic proportions.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
The "Liu Community" was plenty loud. They were screaming for nerfs, and low and behold, we got them. So DF, which never did well in tournament, got the nerf bat.

Meanwhile, not a word on Johnny's cancel advantage. Have you seen Dizzy's thread? A-List has hella plus frames. I can't wait to see Dizzy's Johnny at the next tournament. It's going to be a run cancel monster of epic proportions.
Wouldn't say liu kang community was crying for nerfs it was every other community, the only nerf the we agreed on was the dash cancel "infinite"

Enexemander

Wouldn't say liu kang community was crying for nerfs it was every other community, the only nerf the we agreed on was the dash cancel "infinite"
I respectfully disagree. I'm trying not to be too salty but some prominent posters who supposedly main Liu were going further than that and have lost my respect permanently. I'll refrain from any call outs, but in my heart there are some choice people I think are right stupid bastards right about now.

[edit] Also, I can't test these changes myself yet so DF may actually still be able to link strings and the character still works. So there is that.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I respectfully disagree. I'm trying not to be too salty but some prominent posters who supposedly main Liu were going further than that and have lost my respect permanently. I'll refrain from any call outs, but in my heart there are some choice people I think are right stupid bastards right about now.

[edit] Also, I can't test these changes myself yet so DF may actually still be able to link strings and the character still works. So there is that.
I know who your talking about

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
If they increased the window by 4 frames, then all of these should still work.

Git gud.
Lol you must be an idiot. Ive been using liu kang since the game dropped. I was at ect and summer jam running liu kang. I know how the character and has cancels work. If you could read, you would see where the notes said the fireball has to held for 4 frames before you can cancel out of it, meaning no more cancels before the fill animation of the fireball comes out.

Can't even link f44 fbrc into f44 fbrc on hit anymore..b12 into fbrc into f44 or 113 no longer links and f44 fbrc into 113 cant either. Gg..bodied lol
This wasn't even REMOTELY the issue with Liu. Looking like Hellfire all over again. All this does is hurt his meterless damage which was good but nowhere near OP.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main

Funny i was looking at that earlier. Me and jupiter had a ROUGH time against an a list user at summer jam. I believe his name is footwork? Dudes cancels were on point and he said that a list is SEVERELY underrated. I checked that johnny thread and saw hella plus frames. But ya know, until a pro bitches about him, he wont get touched lol.plus a lot of players lack the execution to use him so hes really been under the radar.

Enexemander

Funny i was looking at that earlier. Me and jupiter had a ROUGH time against an a list user at summer jam. I believe his name is footwork? Dudes cancels were on point and he said that a list is SEVERELY underrated. I checked that johnny thread and saw hella plus frames. But ya know, until a pro bitches about him, he wont get touched lol.plus a lot of players lack the execution to use him so hes really been under the radar.
He won't stay under the radar. I've been avoiding him specifically because of the whiffing issues. With those fixed, players are going to pick him up.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lol you must be an idiot. Ive been using liu kang since the game dropped. I was at ect and summer jam running liu kang. I know how the character and has cancels work. If you could read, you would see where the notes said the fireball has to held for 4 frames before you can cancel out of it, meaning no more cancels before the fill animation of the fireball comes out.
I'm an idiot?

You're calling... moi... an idiot?

Son, have a look at the advantageous string thread in this forum and tell me who posted it. There were also several string cancels in there that were actively claimed to be negative on block. Turned out to be a sack of shit when I got my hands on them.

And provided PS4 gets the patch tomorrow, I will be updating the thread. And if you haven't figured it out yourself by then, I will also demonstrate that you can still true combo link FBRCs on hit. Will they be harder with the windows reduced by 4 frames? Absolutely. But you would be wise not to underestimate my execution.

A-List has a fairly unique cancel system to anyone else who has them though... it wouldn't be that simple.

Idk how this patch will affect dragons fire but I assume that they wouldn't take away his ability to hit confirm the cancels into a combo...

Either way, im still liu in all MK.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I'm an idiot?

You're calling... moi... an idiot?

Son, have a look at the advantageous string thread in this forum and tell me who posted it. There were also several string cancels in there that were actively claimed to be negative on block. Turned out to be a sack of shit when I got my hands on them.

And provided PS4 gets the patch tomorrow, I will be updating the thread. And if you haven't figured it out yourself by then, I will also demonstrate that you can still true combo link FBRCs on hit. Will they be harder with the windows reduced by 4 frames? Absolutely. But you would be wise not to underestimate my execution.

A-List has a fairly unique cancel system to anyone else who has
Y'all needs to calm down.
I am very calm. I just dont like random people who have never seen me play telling me to "git gud".i know what im doing and this nerf definitely wasn't warranted if f213 dash and run cancel were problems, reduce the advantage on them. The 4 frames imo did not need to be added. Liu was ever that big of a problem. Meanwhile bigger threats have gotten buffed