What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Try it with combo that starts with a njp. Pretty sure it does more damage on those. Df1 also works in the corner after f12+24. It keeps them pretty high in the air for another poke combo or uppercut grab what have you.
Can you give me an example?
I'm getting 22 percent with
Njp, j1,f122+3 bf2
And the same ending with df1 I can't get the df1 to connect if I do 44 instead of f122+3

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
this would be alot easier if i wasn't at work. ha. you may need to take a step forward after the exbf2. or maybe its a 3 and not a 4.
Ok ya works with 3 does 28% either way though doesn't seem like it's worth the bar, I am practicing on Dvorah though maybe I'll try on someone else

Nope still 28 on subz

ill hit the lab when i get home and see if i can squeeze more damage out of it. i think either way ill use df1 for now. usually once a match ill use 44 bf2 and a tornado kick comes out ruining my combo.

on a side note i was trying to look into extending combos with the ex tornado kick but it doesn't seem to link. maybe it does and i didn't work at it long enough?

Was pretty uneventful. The takeda guide has pretty much the most optimal combos right now. Bf1 pushes you too far to do anything with it and the extra inputs in the corner aren't really worth the effort.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
ill hit the lab when i get home and see if i can squeeze more damage out of it. i think either way ill use df1 for now. usually once a match ill use 44 bf2 and a tornado kick comes out ruining my combo.

on a side note i was trying to look into extending combos with the ex tornado kick but it doesn't seem to link. maybe it does and i didn't work at it long enough?
[combo starter] ~whip flurry, jip or jik, (jip is easier to connect sometimes), quickly cancel into ex tornado kick. Then run cancel into f21 bf2. It's got good corner carry and does around 43% off 44 combo starter.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
There's a bug where ending a juggle in bf4 only leads to +10 (not enough time for anything). F3 and throws are the only way to get hard knockdowns.
@MrProfDrPepper says this variation is potentially Takeda's best.. When you say things like this I'm like what is he seeing that I can't.. I'd like to open the floor to discussion. (The post we were about to talk in was in a Quan Chi forum this is a better setting methinks). lol!

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
His best!? It's not as bad as people think, but it's certainly not his best. -12 specials is good, but it's not worth giving up all those other tools.

There's a bug where ending a juggle in bf4 only leads to +10 (not enough time for anything). F3 and throws are the only way to get hard knockdowns.
Wish* not which. My bad. There is no way this is his best variation but it could be. Would love to see some more good players take a look at him. But Make that low slash an actual low and give me a hard knock down on the bf1 and I'll be happy...ish

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lol well I see half screen 50/50s, armor that doesn't completely suck, is safe if you play footsies right. Since pretty much everything he has is safe at max range against most the cast, I think that the variation has potentially a lot more to offer and is very unexplored, I personally am still training with him so I got a lot to learn and as I said I think that it potentially could be his best variant

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Lol well I see half screen 50/50s, armor that doesn't completely suck, is safe if you play footsies right. Since pretty much everything he has is safe at max range against most the cast, I think that the variation has potentially a lot more to offer and is very unexplored, I personally am still training with him so I got a lot to learn and as I said I think that it potentially could be his best variant
50/50s?

Still like plinking holding down the mb KunaI into b21 or b2xxscoop or other ender. Most people get rattled by that.

Also something interesting happened last night. Since people know the gap in
b21 2+4 so b21 and ex whip flurry. It multi hits you beat their armor and got a combo trading bar for bar.

Still think it's not as good as SR but its not this gigantic gap peeps say it is between the two.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
with the lashers buffs i thought that this variation would be better but for me it still has the same pitfalls as SR but with more risk. at least in my eyes.. the armor is only better when the opponent gives you adequate you space to wake up.. otherwise i feel his armor gets stuffed just as easily as SR. This was the first variation i used and i even went back to it after the buffs but i felt that SRs air spear and teleport just raise the bar over whip flurry, scoop, and the swat. .. i do hope though that there's a lasher break through as i would like to be able to use all three variations equally but right now i dont see a match up where lasher would be the better pick .( besides maybe subzero from what was talked about in the messaging conversation.)

which btw @MrProfDrPepper .. are you in that conversation?
if not im going to add you. The more lasher talk the better!