What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

Pandamoniumz

Don't Listen, Save Money
The problem is how unsafe all of his mixups are. Yes the potential is there and huge, you can turn almost all of his strings into mixups. But when the opponent guesses right, you are eating wild amounts of damage.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
But low Kunai and db2 is hard to punish. Only bf4 is highly punishable. I had a fight when my opponent had maybe 20% of health. I had maybe 2%. I did d3 and cancel into close exbf4. I won thanks to that move. It was very risky but worth trying.

dubson

Noob
Maybe your "negative edge" is on???? or after 44 give it a beat then start your BF2. BF2 after 44 I i fnd is one of the easier combos to pull off online.
are you implying that there is a way to turn negative edge off like in a menu? or that he is negative edging this move subconsciously/accidentally? thanks

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
If you want my lasher mix ups then watch my movie. First fight wasn't so good but in other duels I showed some mix up potential.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
With the changes to Lasher we can now use Whip Trip after most strings at mid range and not get brutally punished for it. Couple that with our new D1 to poke out of pressure and F3 to stop people from running up after Whip Trip we potentially have a viable grounded footsie machine with Lasher.

EDIT: By the gods we can combo after Diagonal F1 (the exclusive poke to Lasher, it's name in game is Low Slash) thanks to the buffs. You net 30% with the following combo Low Slash > ENBF2 > NJP > 4,4 > BF2. So now we got an 11 frame combo able poke, yeah I'm good.

EDIT2: You can end every full screen string with Whip Trip so you don't run the risk of getting armored. Still testing but only certain reversals can hit you after a blocked Whip Trip from full screen. Also with the new change to Whip Trip we can set up some near unblockable mix ups. For example set up Ex Kunai and go into B2, from there choose to go into Whip Trip or just B21. You net some pretty good damage and could be further expanded upon.

Last edited:

Sovereign90

Immortal Legend
I read through this thread to see if there was anything I wasn't doing that you guys were and the 44 seems to be what I lack the most in my combo/damage game.

However, why don't any of you use d+f 1? It's Lasher's best normal and can cancel into all of his specials. I don't care much for big combo damage, when I win my games from half way across a stage.

Are there still any activer Lashers on here? This variation might be the least talked about on this whole website hah. I'll try to see if can contribute or find anything worthwhile. Who's with me??

I don't use the d+f1 as often as I should. Seems to get punished a lot unless I'm at longer range. And at that distance id rather use his overheads.

I do use df1 to end combos though. It not only does more damage than bf2 but it hits more consistently and doesn't thrown them across the screen and leaves them in b21 territory.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Can anyone expain why df1 does 8%, 15%, or 16% randomly? It'd be an amazing AA if it hit the higher numbers consistently.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Can anyone expain why df1 does 8%, 15%, or 16% randomly? It'd be an amazing AA if it hit the higher numbers consistently.
My best guess is that the testers freaked out about it potentially being able to stuff armor in the neutral and NRS tried to compensate by adjusting the 2nd hit's hitbox and making it so that the 2nd hit only comes out on an airborne opponent... and just didn't do a good job coding that accordingly lol.

If my theory is right, then I have to say, I think the testers dun goofed and jumped the gun on that one. I wouldn't have an issue with both hits coming out consistently for it's intended damage.

I'm testing it right now. Looks like its 8% if your opponent is still on the ground or if he's at max range in the air. You get 15% if he's in the air right on top of you. The second hit is the opponent hitting the ground and doesn't seems to work long range

Strings:
df1- low poke that reaches farther than dash distance, -23 and 10f. Non cancelable.
b112- little more range, little more negative, cancelable
b21- reaches over midscreen distance, cancelable, do not use 2+4 ender as it has a huge frame gap
212- more range but -34 on block, no real use imo

Specials- Whip flurry- -11, 20f startup. EX is a combo starter, but regular is a good combo ender. EX has armor.
Whip trip- -20 with more range, EX is a low combo starter.
Warning: The above two specials can be punished by slide moves
Whip strike: Anti air, EX version changes it from -3 to -1(no idea why this would help but w/e).

Mixups- This is where this character gets ridiculous. If you do an EX kunai you can make it almost impossible to block(no idea how the CPU does it) by timing it so that your b2 hits as soon as your EX kunai releases(this means they would have to block low and OH at the same time, or at the very least low, OH, low). It also doesnt matter which one hits because if one or both of them do you can go into a combo(only around 20-25% though).

The great thing about most of his long range strings is even though they are negative, you can just cancel into kunai to make them plus. If the other character doesnt have any fast and long range moves then you can do this over and over(does almost 4% chip).

His specials also have some nice range, so you can EX them and if the hit you will get a combo, if not then the first hit will be blocked and that is it(although they can be blocked and punished by characters with fast forward advancing specials).

Combos:
He has no launchers without meter so the best you can get is a string canceled into whip flurry for meterless damage(17%)

b21 EX whip flurry njp 4 whip flurry- 28%
Thats the highest midscreen I could get.

I wouldnt worry about his damage in this one though, because the range and mixups all but make up for it.
good info and all, but if he's DF1 (low slash) isn't cancelable, then how can I do this ? maybe peepz have figured it out but still, it's a must know for all lasher's out there !

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
good info and all, but if he's DF1 (low slash) isn't cancelable, then how can I do this ? maybe peepz have figured it out but still, it's a must know for all lasher's out there !

I haven't played Lasher Takeda since the game came out.

Good find though.

With the changes to Lasher we can now use Whip Trip after most strings at mid range and not get brutally punished for it. Couple that with our new D1 to poke out of pressure and F3 to stop people from running up after Whip Trip we potentially have a viable grounded footsie machine with Lasher.

EDIT: By the gods we can combo after Diagonal F1 (the exclusive poke to Lasher, it's name in game is Low Slash) thanks to the buffs. You net 30% with the following combo Low Slash > ENBF2 > NJP > 4,4 > BF2. So now we got an 11 frame combo able poke, yeah I'm good.

EDIT2: You can end every full screen string with Whip Trip so you don't run the risk of getting armored. Still testing but only certain reversals can hit you after a blocked Whip Trip from full screen. Also with the new change to Whip Trip we can set up some near unblockable mix ups. For example set up Ex Kunai and go into B2, from there choose to go into Whip Trip or just B21. You net some pretty good damage and could be further expanded upon.
you mean like this ?

Ya this is been known for a few months. When the game came out it didn't work but they changed it during one of the patches a while back. It definitely helps the 8 lasher mains in the world. Lol

Ya this is been known for a few months. When the game came out it didn't work but they changed it during one of the patches a while back. It definitely helps the 8 lasher mains in the world. Lol
haha I have given up on him, hes cool and all but way too grandpa moves, takes ages for him too do anything

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Are there still any activer Lashers on here? This variation might be the least talked about on this whole website hah. I'll try to see if can contribute or find anything worthwhile. Who's with me??

I don't use the d+f1 as often as I should. Seems to get punished a lot unless I'm at longer range. And at that distance id rather use his overheads.

I do use df1 to end combos though. It not only does more damage than bf2 but it hits more consistently and doesn't thrown them across the screen and leaves them in b21 territory.
D+F1 whip trip catches people all day and it's a much faster move than b2. I never thought about ending combos with df1 I literally had to go try that as soon as I read it.

Edit: after trying it out it does 1% less in most combos except in the corner where it hits pretty danm hard and seems to leave them about the same distance as bf2 however you have more time to run b2 to catch rollers could definitely come in handy.

Last edited:
D+F1 whip trip catches people all day and it's a much faster move than b2. I never thought about ending combos with df1 I literally had to go try that as soon as I read it.

Edit: after trying it out it does 1% less in most combos except in the corner where it hits pretty danm hard and seems to leave them about the same distance as bf2 however you have more time to run b2 to catch rollers could definitely come in handy.
Try it with combo that starts with a njp. Pretty sure it does more damage on those. Df1 also works in the corner after f12+24. It keeps them pretty high in the air for another poke combo or uppercut grab what have you.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
[starter]xxEXbf2,df1,d1,112xxbf2 in the corner is what I was shown. I don't know if it's optimal, though.
Well what I was doing feels a bit easier not sure if yours is more damage
[starter]xxEXbf2,4,df1,d1,db2 gets anywhere from 40-45 percent or you can end it with d1,d2 which can get up to 47% but knocks them out of the corner.