What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
So let's just play on Xbox One. They don't have the patch. We can ruin the fun for all the ps4/ps3 pad players and give TO's a headache:DOGE

I kid I kid I kid....Or am I?:DOGE

haketh

Noob
Yeah but that meter KL gains could potentially be the combo breaker for the game winning combo..
Yeah true, but I don't think it's degenerate enough to ban a whole character & leave Kung Lao players with only a few days to get a main ready. When Spectral was banned it wasn't to big of a move to learn another Ermac variation because they share the same suite of normals & some specials. If this was found three or so weeks ago I could maybe see a ban but I still would not be for it at all.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Then you get bopped for it, this si gonna sound weird coming from someone who was directly affected but he Spectral Ermac glitch but no he shouldn't be banned for this seeing how it would be the whole character & not just one variation. Way to close to Combo Breaker to fuck over who knows how many people, I was definitley gonna be the only smhuck playing Spectral Ermac at NWM meanwhile Kung Lao is pretty popular. Plus this version of the glitch is alot less general use than Ermac's who could do it during strings & gain three meter in one combo after using one.
What's the difference between 1 whole character and 3 variations that have the same problem spectral did?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
A ban is only warranted imo if anyone can win said tournament using this. Ask yourselves if you truly believe you would win the tournament using KL. But whatever I won't be attending so peace out.

Nereus

Noob
So was it wrong to ban spectral ermac the week of northwest majors as well?

What is different about 1 variation of ermac vs 3 variations of kung lao? They are the exact same problem.
They are the same problem.. but different scenario. If you ban all 3 variations you can't play the character period.. even if you ban one variation you can still use the other two which are just as solid, if not better. That's the difference.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
They are the same problem.. but different scenario. If you ban all 3 variations you can't play the character period.. even if you ban one variation you can still use the other two which are just as solid, if not better. That's the difference.
So it's fine to let a character rock with broken tech if it applies to all 3 variations? But not if it's 1 variation? That's fine to ban? Seems extremely inconsistent.

MK_Al

Noob
1 - I can reproduce it on ps4, though the timing has to be strict to get the meter
2 - It has to be fixed; it's clearly a bug
3 - Banning a whole character at what seems to be the biggest tournament yet and prevent some guys from beeing able to attend is a hard punishment. Not to mention all the guys participating in the ESL league and other tournaments worldwide. At the same time who would seriously wake up TP? It has no armor and is punishable. So I'd not ban the character, but disqualify player who use the bug.

Forget to add
4 - Thats what you get from testing with pro players but not pro tester. It's a desaster.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
What's the difference between 1 whole character and 3 variations that have the same problem spectral did?
You have to look at how easy it was mid combo to get a free breaker for Ermac.

Again this is stupid and needs to be fixed do not get me wrong. But Spectral was just 1 variation, The players that played that variation could choose others.

That is not an option for KL mains. It's still super early in this game and some people only have 1 character, This is a super unsafe wakeup that can be punished. (Yes it could prevent the game winning combo) But the odds of that happening are slim to none, since KLs have pretty much been absent in Top 8 so far.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
KL needs to be knocked down to build 1 bar of meter and run the risk of getting punished. IIRC Ermac could build 3 bars with no risk relatively easy.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
@The BOSS

Any chance at a front page? This is extremely important. When this was discovered with spectral ermac, it was front paged immediately and he was banned for northwest majors that same week.
This is a tricky situation because Combo Breaker is this weekend and as Ryan stated, it sucks for people who only play him and have already paid their money to travel to this tournament. However, it definitely deserves attention. I'll change your thread title, make it a community poll, and contact the TO on Twitter.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
You have to look at how easy it was mid combo to get a free breaker for Ermac.

Again this is stupid and needs to be fixed do not get me wrong. But Spectral was just 1 variation, The players that played that variation could choose others.

That is not an option for KL mains. It's still super early in this game and some people only have 1 character, This is a super unsafe wakeup that can be punished. (Yes it could prevent the game winning combo) But the odds of that happening are slim to none, since KLs have pretty much been absent in Top 8 so far.
So we should let KL use broken tech because we feel sorry for the players that main him? That just doesn't seem like a legitimate reason to me.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Guys. NRS has a lot of heart, but it takes a while to get shit in order. MK9 and Injustice were utter messes until around October. It´s May. We all knew this was coming. It doesn´t have the sheer volume of issues that those other games had, but there are things to discover and fix. Take a breath, get your rage under control, and get as good at the game as you can while it settles.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is a tricky situation because Combo Breaker is this weekend and as Ryan stated, it sucks for people who only play him and have already paid their money to travel to this tournament. However, it definitely deserves attention. I'll change your thread title, make it a community poll, and contact the TO on Twitter.
Thank you! Keep in mind, spectral ermac was banned the week OF northwest majors as well.

haketh

Noob
Like I said, the way this glitch si activated is compeltely different & not as nuts, it has be a WU it's directly punishable. Plus like I said due to it being one variation with Ermac I had two other variations to play so the amount of time I needed to practice was minimal. Banning a whole character is a huge deal because that's tons of practice completely wasted that's not applicable to other characters.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
He should be banned. Or the pressure should be there so that it gets hotfixed before combo breaker. Honestly NRS deserve the shitty publicity if they keep letting character breaking glitches get through... Not really a tournament viable game if people have to be afraid of not being able to use the character they've been learning.

Meter gain shouldn't be allowed just because it's punishable. If some top player gets knocked out because kung lao had an extra bar of meter and broke something then MKX will get terrible publicity anyway.