What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I agree, it's different to ban 1 Variation than 1 whole character. But if it comes down to it, I think KL should be allowed. It's too close to make a Major change to this close to a tournament.
It's not different. If you want to put it that way... it's banning 3 other variations that have the same problem as spectral.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I agree, it's different to ban 1 Variation than 1 whole character. But if it comes down to it, I think KL should be allowed. It's too close to make a Major change to this close to a tournament.
Spectral ermac was banned the week of northwest majors.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Spectral ermac was banned the week of northwest majors.
Again just 1 variation. Not an entire character. Do I think the glitch gives an advantage. Yes of course. But if you were going to pay 400-500$ to go to a tournament and you only played KL and you show up and he is banned.

I'd be pissed, If it is just 1 variation than yes. Ban that one. Not the entire character.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@The BOSS

Any chance at a front page? This is extremely important. When this was discovered with spectral ermac, it was front paged immediately and he was banned for northwest majors that same week.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Again just 1 variation. Not an entire character. Do I think the glitch gives an advantage. Yes of course. But if you were going to pay 400-500% to go to a tournament and you only played KL and you show up and he is banned.

I'd be pissed, If it is just 1 variation than yes. Ban that one. Not the entire character.
So was it wrong to ban spectral ermac the week of northwest majors as well?

What is different about 1 variation of ermac vs 3 variations of kung lao? They are the exact same problem.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're KL and you have a life lead and you just got knocked down. Just wakeup teleport. Who cares?
Like I said, I could see an argument being made for this, not making one myself.

And you just told me the worst use of this glitch, wakeup teleport and eat 30%+ for 1 bar of meter?

If you have a huge lifelead, sure.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Imagine if KJ or Cassie had a glitch like this across all variations and talks of him/her being banned, shit would be real....

Lets hope for hotfix i wanna see some tempest lao this weekend.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
So what if PL or some other lao player makes it to top 8. Is it acceptable? Especially if they perform a wake up tp. We just gonna let it fly under the radar?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Like I said, I could see an argument being made for this, not making one myself.

And you just told me the worst use of this glitch, wakeup teleport and eat 30%+ for 1 bar of meter?

If you have a huge lifelead, sure.
If you're completely meterless, yeah you'll eat the 30%. If you already have a bar... free breaker.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So what if PL or some other lao player makes it to top 8. Is it acceptable? Especially if they perform a wake up tp. We just gonna let it fly under the radar?
That's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to see KL mains have a shitty time at combo breaker... and I also don't want to see brokenness in top 8 or on stream. Makes our game look horrible.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Here comes the proof
On every variation
Can you do that in all 3 Variations please.

So KL Banned for Combo Breaker. That sucks, sorry KL players.

I say let it roll. To ban an entire character is stupid, that seems unreasonable this close to a major. If it was just buzzsaw or 1 other variation then ban that, but since this has to be done on a wakeup and it is unsafe.

Let it rock.

haketh

Noob
You're KL and you have a life lead and you just got knocked down. Just wakeup teleport. Who cares?
Then you get bopped for it, this si gonna sound weird coming from someone who was directly affected but he Spectral Ermac glitch but no he shouldn't be banned for this seeing how it would be the whole character & not just one variation. Way to close to Combo Breaker to fuck over who knows how many people, I was definitley gonna be the only smhuck playing Spectral Ermac at NWM meanwhile Kung Lao is pretty popular. Plus this version of the glitch is alot less general use than Ermac's who could do it during strings & gain three meter in one combo after using one.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Then you get bopped for it, this si gonna sound weird coming from someone who was directly affected but he Spectral Ermac glitch but no he shouldn't be banned for this seeing how it would be the whole character & not just one variation. Way to close to Combo Breaker to fuck over who knows how many people, I was definitley gonna be the only smhuck playing Spectral Ermac at NWM meanwhile Kung Lao is pretty popular. Plus this version of the glitch is alot less general use than Ermac's who could do it during strings & gain three meter in one combo after using one.
Yeah but that meter KL gains could potentially be the combo breaker for the game winning combo..