What's new

General/Other - Tempest Kung Lao Tempest Variation General Discussion

Clampa_

Learn from this.
where can i find the vid?

and panty, what exactly is wrong with hattrick? lol,
Its in the kung lao forums, should be first page. Its the thread called 'Kung Lao Combos and Reset' or something like that. Just go in there and the vid should be at the top.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
where can i find the vid?

and panty, what exactly is wrong with hattrick? lol,
i will probably make a thread later this week. But I feel Lao is a high risk/ medium reward character and the draw of this variation makes him higher risk with less reward. Not saying it's not flashy and fun. But it is definitely his worst

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i will probably make a thread later this week. But I feel Lao is a high risk/ medium reward character and the draw of this variation makes him higher risk with less reward. Not saying it's not flashy and fun. But it is definitely his worst
it gives great pressure though and space control. Honestly i think the issue that your talking about has to do with a lot of his strings being fairly negative....which is kind of weird for a rushdown character.

it gives great pressure though and space control. Honestly i think the issue that your talking about has to do with a lot of his strings being fairly negative....which is kind of weird for a rushdown character.
I'll agree with you on that. Somehow some characters who aren't even rushdown characters have normals just as good or even better normals than kung lao.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I'll agree with you on that. Somehow some characters who aren't even rushdown characters have normals just as good or even better normals than kung lao.
honestly, majority of his strings should be 0 on block or close to it. thats what makes the threat of spin real, otherwise i don't see how spin is scary at all. if you can get a guaranteed poke because you know he won't be able to spin you out of his strings. (11 being the acception)

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Also I would really only consider Lao a rush down character in the broadest use of the term. I personally feel he's more of a whiff punisher.

Also I would really only consider Lao a rush down character in the broadest use of the term. I personally feel he's more of a whiff punisher.
He has a little bit of everything in buzzsaw. Zoning, space control, anti zoning and rushdown. But youre gonna want to be upclose against the majority of the cast. Compared to other rushdown characters the frame data on kung laos strings arent that good. This is a problem in the tempest variation imo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
honestly, majority of his strings should be 0 on block or close to it. thats what makes the threat of spin real, otherwise i don't see how spin is scary at all. if you can get a guaranteed poke because you know he won't be able to spin you out of his strings. (11 being the acception)
lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
he should have some imo. I understand that his frame data is the way it is because of buzzsaw but tempest really suffers from it
What he should have you can't possibly suggest or know.

It sucks that X characters cannot use their Y variations, but something that potentially buffs the already good ones should never be universal.

It's like me saying that unbreakable doesn't do enough damage and the F42+13 ender of cryomancer should apply to all other variations. Then you have grandmaster doing 33-34% meterless bnbs

What he should have you can't possibly suggest or know.

It sucks that X characters cannot use their Y variations, but something that potentially buffs the already good ones should never be universal.

It's like me saying that unbreakable doesn't do enough damage and the F42+13 ender of cryomancer should apply to all other variations. Then you have grandmaster doing 33-34% meterless bnbs
That is true. They don't have to make the buff universal though. I do think we should wait regardless of what I think of the character right now.

What is your opinion on kung lao in buzzsaw and tempest variation btw.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That is true. They don't have to make the buff universal though. I do think we should wait regardless of what I think of the character right now.

What is your opinion on kung lao in buzzsaw and tempest variation btw.
Tempest meh, potentially good vs certain chars but no more, assuming current information.

Buzzsaw is a great character that requires brains and footsies. Amazing B3, amazing wallcarry, amazing knockdowns, great combo damage etc.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i don't think its too much to change the frame data on some of lao's strings. As it stands, lao kinda counters himself with his own tempest which is kinda weird....i dunno lol. I think they should make his teleport 3 0 on block, as well as his f4. b321 -3 on block? b121+4 - 4 on block?

i don't think its too much to change the frame data on some of lao's strings. As it stands, lao kinda counters himself with his own tempest which is kinda weird....i dunno lol. I think they should make his teleport 3 0 on block, as well as his f4. b321 -3 on block? b121+3 - 4 on block?
Stop, these don't make sense and wouldn't even really change anything.

coolwhip

Noob
Tempest meh, potentially good vs certain chars but no more, assuming current information.

Buzzsaw is a great character that requires brains and footsies. Amazing B3, amazing wallcarry, amazing knockdowns, great combo damage etc.
Does buzz-saw really have great combo damage? It's pretty whatever, especially meterless.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Stop, these don't make sense and wouldn't even really change anything.
his 4 being safe would give him a better spacing tool, and tele-3 being 0 on block would make spin live. im just trying to think of small tweaks that could help the character without breaking him.

his tempest definitely could use some tweaking as far as hat consistancy goes (and that completely pointless mb hattoss)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Does buzz-saw really have great combo damage? It's pretty whatever, especially meterless.
Meterless it's decent, with meter it's good enough off of a B3.

I don't think KL will ever be meter starved, that's kinda his main threat after everything.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
his 4 being safe would give him a better spacing tool, and tele-3 being 0 on block would make spin live. im just trying to think of small tweaks that could help the character without breaking him.

his tempest definitely could use some tweaking as far as hat consistancy goes (and that completely pointless mb hattoss)
You don't understand how the character function if you think regular spin is what's supposed to check people.

You can give people armoured 4/6F launchers that anti air from any possible distance including point blank, destroy almost any unsafe cancel in the game, chase down backdashes and punish things 99% of other chars can't and people will still not think to use it.