What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick Kung Lao Hat Trick Variation General Discussion

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
I mean ex hat call back, its +13 so its safe off the listed options, however I just discovered free pressure off of f2, low hat trap call back on block. It negates reversals and there's no gap in it, allowing a 112124.

Mykal NS

Yep confirmed, Low Hat call back gives u FREE pressure. Hit me up if u want a vid, tested on reptile and Cassie. They can't reversal and have to hold the next string u do.

Mykal NS

Set Cassie or reptile to their reveral and use low hat call back after a string and enjoy your meterless free pressure! This is amazing.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yes please, video to make it clear what you are saying because I'nm getting confused

Mykal NS

Shared files from OneDrive http://1drv.ms/1HThgQf

Check this out. Ok. 112124 into regular hat call back is safe, so is B2, 4, and b32. Everything else is unsafe. Low hat call back is safe and has ridiculous block stun. Look at this vid @IGOTHANDS

I GOT HANDS

Nice man. I'm getting different results off different ranges. Low Hat definitely feels safer to call back

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I have no idea what you are talking about, as I just tested 112124, B22 and B32 against both Tempest Cyclone and Sub Zero Icy Slide... all strings are 100% safe cancelled into Hat Trap. Hell, against Sub Zero slide you can even go B321 Hat Trap and be safe.
Yes I know. Those are about 3 out of maybe 5 of his 100% safe strings. Im talking about the rest of his moveset with moves that we actually use. All down pokes, F23, F21, all other options before the 112124, B3...

As I was saying earlier, he has more unsafe strings/normals than he does safe which is why Eddy Wang probably made that comment earlier. And im also explaining to you Hat Trap cancels are not safe after practically every normal as you stated in a previous post.

What's wrong with his normals btw? Hat Trap is safe to set up after practically any blocked normal

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
wait so does low hat trap give more advantage on block than mid hat trap does?

also, the guy that mentioned tempest getting another nerf....if they do nerf tempest lao again im done with mkx ,lol

Mykal NS

wait so does low hat trap give more advantage on block than mid hat trap does?

also, the guy that mentioned tempest getting another nerf....if they do nerf tempest lao again im done with mkx ,lol
Yes it does, and its a safer call back. Ex hat of course giving the most with +13. And tempest may or may not get nerfed but HT is super good.

I GOT HANDS

LOL I just discoved in the lab that this variation can combo off the ultimate "i just randomed this guy" manoeuvre.... Jump in Punch, Uppercut :D
just needs a Hat more or less in the landing vicinity

Ji1, D2, EX-Hat Call Back, B321~EX-Spin, JiK~DK, JiK~DK = 38%

:D

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Absolute ridiculous flashiness :D can even be done with regular spin although the timing is hard enough as is lol

I GOT HANDS

kay, so is there any reason to even use the mid hatrick then? or what about the above hatrick?
Low Hat takes a lot more frames to put out then the regular one which is much safer. Also, low just skims the ground and can be jumped while regular comes straight back to you and to call arc follows you. So thats not better or worse, just "different". Regular is also much easier to convert off however, and much easier to use mid combo to extend combos.

The above Hat Trick however, as far as I can tell seems pretty useless

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Low Hat takes a lot more frames to put out then the regular one which is much safer. Also, low just skims the ground and can be jumped while regular comes straight back to you and to call arc follows you. So thats not better or worse, just "different". Regular is also much easier to convert off however, and much easier to use mid combo to extend combos.

The above Hat Trick however, as far as I can tell seems pretty useless
ah, ok.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Are there any videos of people playing Hat Trick? I want to lab him a bit but I don't know what to even really try. For example footisies, corner, mid screen stuff with hat trick. Like there's the one McFly video but are there others?

Are there any videos of people playing Hat Trick? I want to lab him a bit but I don't know what to even really try. For example footisies, corner, mid screen stuff with hat trick. Like there's the one McFly video but are there others?
the footage eddy wang posted seems legit even though it appears he's quite better than his opponents hat trick aside: http://testyourmight.com/threads/its-a-trap.54483/
it's unfortunately not full match footage just cut up stuff but, there are more than enough ideas in the video to keep you busy in training mode for a while

in the first month i saw PL playing hat trick a few times but, i can't find the footy anymore. it might have been on his stream.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
the footage eddy wang posted seems legit even though it appears he's quite better than his opponents hat trick aside: http://testyourmight.com/threads/its-a-trap.54483/
it's unfortunately not full match footage just cut up stuff but, there are more than enough ideas in the video to keep you busy in training mode for a while

in the first month i saw PL playing hat trick a few times but, i can't find the footy anymore. it might have been on his stream.
Thanks and I guess that's the best I'm gonna have outside of just grinding it out. It's hard to try and get into the not mainstream variations of characters because it's hard to see any high level play with it.

I play a lot of Tempest so that might help with a bit of the transition.