Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Hope this helps.
thanks!

this should be in the gen discussion, no need for a whole new thread.
I disagree.. if the threads where correctly split into the variations like they should be it would be better for everyone. Big massive long threads are never a good idea in general and good for nobody... also, no one is going to read pages and pages of stuff and 90% of it is not for the variation they are interested in. There is a reason questions keep getting asked again and again and again.. it is because everything is getting merged into these stupid meta threads that are way to long to read.

@Hollywood DMS

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
thanks!

I disagree.. if the threads where correctly split into the variations like they should be it would be better for everyone. Big massive long threads are never a good idea in general and good for nobody... also, no one is going to read pages and pages of stuff and 90% of it is not for the variation they are interested in. There is a reason questions keep getting asked again and again and again.. it is because everything is getting merged into these stupid meta threads that are way to long to read.

@Hollywood DMS
its a simple question regarding KK. We aren't the most active, but this can be answered incredibly fast on here.

Also there is a thread for the variation -

http://testyourmight.com/threads/blood-for-the-blood-god-variant-discussion.51364/

There is also one for a tutorial of Blood God -

http://testyourmight.com/threads/kotal-kahn-blood-god-tutorial-by-ando1184.53492/

There is also a totem combo in the first post of his combo thread -

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-kotal-kahnbo-thread.49839/

Creating new threads just to ask a question just clutters the forum. More than it already it lol

forums don't get cluttered. That is bull. Threads stay on top that people are interested in and threads drop off the map that are not. It auto sorts the "clutter" itself. The difference is that people can use a search function and find things buy searching titles. Rather than having to ask the same questions again and again and again and again.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
forums don't get cluttered. That is bull. Threads stay on top that people are interested in and threads drop off the map that are not. It auto sorts the "clutter" itself. The difference is that people can use a search function and find things buy searching titles. Rather than having to ask the same questions again and again and again and again.
Why have a thread for an answer that took one reply to fulfill. It took me 10 seconds to find it and far beyond.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
thanks!

[/USER]
Honestly, if someone isn't doing this then they're better off not even touching the character they want to play.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to know about everything your character has to offer.

If the evolution of the players's ideas over time and discussions are too "stupid' and "long to read" then I have no option but to lol in a patronising way.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Holy hog, if you think Jacqui is a rough match getting in, you should play against even a half decent HQT Predator. Kotal can't stop disc pressure because he can't make predator block from across the screen, and Kotal's lovely tall hitbox makes the high shot randomly connect when ducking.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Double dang, so on top of the gap on everything on block(minus b122 OH sword which is his only true blockstring), looks after string is blocked, you can literally just backdash every single option kotal has except EX OH.

So yeah that defangs him even further.

mattnin

Noob
Holy hog, if you think Jacqui is a rough match getting in, you should play against even a half decent HQT Predator. Kotal can't stop disc pressure because he can't make predator block from across the screen, and Kotal's lovely tall hitbox makes the high shot randomly connect when ducking.
The HQT Predator has ridiculous zoning.... On top of that some wicked combos. I could barely get in with the disk and laser spam and then once in, I was getting juggled for a pretty massive combo :(

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Feels weird to say this as the creator of this thread(and the pre-release GD), but I finally legitimately main Kotal Kahn.

I mean, i've used him on and off since day one but I could never crack his awkward shell to truly figure him out until recently.

Feels good.

Reactions: mkl

mkl

Poopbutt.
Feels weird to say this as the creator of this thread(and the pre-release GD), but I finally legitimately main Kotal Kahn.

I mean, i've used him on and off since day one but I could never crack his awkward shell to truly figure him out until recently.

Feels good.
So you found d4?

Buiu

Woot
guys, after a landed df2,

what is the best oki for you brothers?

i

use dash njp

run cross jip

*stand crouch blocking, and then, f2 on max range.

CubaKahn

Noob

Feels good.
But...But....what about Tremor?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
But...But....what about Tremor?
What do you mean? I use like +10 characters/variations of characters.

Tremor is still in the top of that list when it comes to character knowledge and skill, but Kotal is now up there as well, as he always should have been.

Graviton Six

Master of Custodial Arts
Is Boneshaper Shinnok like the worst matchup for Kotal? I feel so helpless vs him.

The other day I got zoned to death, had to duck his plasma, then jump the unblockable ground pound, and can't even jump at him because of hell sparks, how the hell do I get in? And when I do get in he can just mix me up into a 50/50 with his armored scythe. Anyone got some tips?

Is Boneshaper Shinnok like the worst matchup for Kotal? I feel so helpless vs him.

The other day I got zoned to death, had to duck his plasma, then jump the unblockable ground pound, and can't even jump at him because of hell sparks, how the hell do I get in? And when I do get in he can just mix me up into a 50/50 with his armored scythe. Anyone got some tips?
any zoner is terrible. Try facing Auto Jackie or Plasma Predator - you will have a lot of "fun"

Buiu

Woot
due
any zoner is terrible. Try facing Auto Jackie or Plasma Predator - you will have a lot of "fun"

auto jaquie is terrible at zooning anyone.

kota kahn have good walk and run speed, so u just need read the mid missiles.

but predador is a pain in the ass indeed. Sometimes the projectile hit kotal kahn neutral crouching, WTF

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Matchups that give me trouble...

Full Auto Jacqui when they get full screen and spam. If I have meter, I can win the exchange - but KK has no way to build meter full screen and Jaqui's machine gun projectiles last longer than Kotal's jump - and it builds meter even when it whiffs

Bojutsu Kung Jin when he makes Kotal Khan close the distance and meter burns through any poke or retreats to dive kick through.

Pretty much any other character or style I run into, when I lose - I feel like my opponent earned the win.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Matchups that give me trouble...

Full Auto Jacqui when they get full screen and spam. If I have meter, I can win the exchange - but KK has no way to build meter full screen .
df1, in between gun, if u time it right, u can build meter. u can also take a hit to put sun ray on ur opponent to make him move forward a little to escape it. Capitalize on this, kk has a solid walk speed, use that also.