Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
sup guys, im looking to learn kotal kahn to try and develop my fundamentals in mkx. i feel like hes a good choice for this, ive looked into war god previously but would prefer to play sun god. could any one point me into the direction of some high level sun god play? also any tips would be great. thanks

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
sup guys, im looking to learn kotal kahn to try and develop my fundamentals in mkx. i feel like hes a good choice for this, ive looked into war god previously but would prefer to play sun god. could any one point me into the direction of some high level sun god play? also any tips would be great. thanks
I think there is a sun god general thread that talks about what you can tic throw etc. Sun god gets an armored wakeup in ex sun throw, it's not great but it does the job. Kotal is fantastic at whiff punishing, f2 after an opponent whiffs something in range. Kotals jumping 1 is probably one of the best jump ins in the game, don't be afraid to use it. Kotal can punish strings and moves that have high recovery but displace the opponent slightly out of range of typical punishes with f1 and b1 combos. His walk speed is dope.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
I think there is a sun god general thread that talks about what you can tic throw etc. Sun god gets an armored wakeup in ex sun throw, it's not great but it does the job. Kotal is fantastic at whiff punishing, f2 after an opponent whiffs something in range. Kotals jumping 1 is probably one of the best jump ins in the game, don't be afraid to use it. Kotal can punish strings and moves that have high recovery but displace the opponent slightly out of range of typical punishes with f1 and b1 combos. His walk speed is dope.
thanks man. will be putting some work in the lab with him and will return with some knowledge and to learn some advanced stuff! will check out the sun god thread

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Then why do I feel like he's lacking. He's my main and fav. Everything he does well there are chars that can do it better.
I will not give up on him though.
I meant rewarding in that when you beat someone it feels like you absolutely outplayed them. Not that he rewards you with free w's.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Then why do I feel like he's lacking. He's my main and fav. Everything he does well there are chars that can do it better.
I will not give up on him though.
Kotal Kahn is a good character, but he's mostly honest. He has decent (not great) answers for almost everything, and the upside is huge damage potential off of pretty easy conversions.

You probably feel like he is lacking because he doesn't have a ton of dirty tricks, and I can understand that. He is a character that will greatly improve as your knowledge of the game improves (especially your defense). Well, except War God because he has nice dirty tricks!

mattnin

Noob
Anyone else starting to come to the conclusion that Blood is actually alot better than Sun?
My guess is that you're starting to rack up a bunch of wins with Blood God, and that is good. I also bet that you're not really playing Sun God. Now that you're badass with BG, pick up SG for a couple weeks and cheese out the SG choke. I mean really abuse the hell out of it and be cheap and piss people off and choke scrub a bunch of wins. Then come back and tell us if you think BG is much better then SG.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Well I guess im starting to lean towards Blood now simply because im finding that the totems are just really really easy to get out. Its not an exaggeration to say that with a little practice its possible to have a totem up at least a good 75% of a match if not more. Basically anything I do gets canceled into obsidian, even if I know im going to be punished for it, the net benefit makes it worth it.

Whereas most BG's I see are infatuated with Crystal, I tend to use obsidian almost exclusively and it really works. Because of how often I have it up sometimes it feels like I have two healthbars. It also helps build so much meter since the meter gain isnt scaled to how much damage you take. Unless im dominating and never getting hit, as BG Im building 6-7 blocks of meter in a typical match due to how many hits I can take.

I use crystal situationally. For instance against an opponent with no meter or one that I have corner trapped. Or if I need to make a gamble for a comeback.

Dont get me wrong. I do like Sun but as we know SG and BG are identical aside from the command grab and totems so it comes down to Choke vs Obsidian for me and I just love the extra health vs the tick opportunities. I dont think Kotal needs the grab to get damage and alot of what you can tick into choke you can tick into normal grab anyway.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Why Johnny Cage can interrput my 114~air throw with d4 ? He is the only character who can do that.

Why also Kung Lao can use spin when after 114~air throw I have advantag???

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Why Johnny Cage can interrupt my 114~air throw with d4 ? He is the only character who can do that.

Why also Kung Lao can use spin when after 114~air throw I have advantage???
Try switching to b+1,2,2 instead because since you're at +4 on block, neither of those moves are fast enough to beat b+1 and it will give you more damaging options than just more frame advantage. Be sure to input the string as FAST as possible, so you have time to see if hits or is blocked before you cancel into the special at the end. If you're not sure, just EX Sunstone/ EX sword throw. Otherwise, you can easily cancel into a no meter ender (like overhead sword, sun god choke, totem) to get more out of the situation than just d+4's advantage.

Did Kung Lao hit you with regular spin or EX spin?

Iced_Taz

I tried this in practice mode. I recorded Khans attack and when I was Cage I could every time interupt Kotal's attack.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Wake up ? That's is very bad move for wake up.
Really? It's momentary invincibility has served me well in this capacity.

I just wish it had a use beyond. It should counter or absorb or reflect projectiles, IMO.

Iced_Taz

The startup of that move is very slow. I tried use it on wake up but many times it failed. So I use only War God.