Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yeah that's right, in theory. I agree with what you are saying. But lets talk practically. Can you practically apply any of that consistently in a match?
yeah, it's a strong tool but it has a lot of drawbacks. I'll bet you that when his non-War God stances become popular through tech or buffs a good sense of parrying will make or break a lot of fights.

Personally I don't like that it has any recovery if you actually deflect something; I shouldn't be punished for a successful parry if they used something that hits multiple times in rapid succession. I can handle the 8 frames, if you want to use it as a reaction tool close up then EX it.

yeah, it's a strong tool but it has a lot of drawbacks. I'll bet you that when his non-War God stances become popular through tech or buffs a good sense of parrying will make or break a lot of fights.

Personally I don't like that it has any recovery if you actually deflect something; I shouldn't be punished for a successful parry if they used something that hits multiple times in rapid succession. I can handle the 8 frames, if you want to use it as a reaction tool close up then EX it.
I dunno, from my experience normal parry is totally impractical.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
probably gonna go and say Sun God is the worst variation

at this point i'd rather take totems, command grab just sorta fails at its job

regulas

Your Emporer
Yeah that's right, in theory. I agree with what you are saying. But lets talk practically. Can you practically apply any of that consistently in a match?
I've started implementing parry in practice. It's mostly about getting used to when they want to engage, it is a read but it's a pretty easy one to make. Generally you want to avoid it against defensive opponents but against everyone else it tends to work out quite fine.

I've started implementing parry in practice. It's mostly about getting used to when they want to engage, it is a read but it's a pretty easy one to make. Generally you want to avoid it against defensive opponents but against everyone else it tends to work out quite fine.
When ever you have the chance, elaborate on your experience with parry.

Hassun

Noob
Whats better blood god or sun god
Not everyone agrees on that one. I personally prefer (and exclusively play) Sun God. Whether it's actually better or not is still unclear if you ask me.
The only thing I think most people who know what they are talking about agree on right now is that War God is far and away his best variation.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i can't say sun god is better when blood god offers most of the same tools with much more reward for the same risk

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've stuck to Sun God and I win a lot with it. The key is the command grab, his crouching jab, and just being methodical in your approach. If they're avoiding stuff, punish pre-emptively and get back to business.

I know that the command grab is sick. I'm just surprised that players haven't caught on yet. It's not immediate, but it can't be blocked - you can armor it - and it does great damage - along with that it also sets him up with buffs and wake-up options.

I dunno, from my experience normal parry is totally impractical.
one instance where i use it, is if i crouch under a high and its towards the end of the string, i parry that last hit and start offense or just do a throw (throw after the parry seems like the most sure bet maybe im wrong)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Whats better blood god or sun god
I believe blood god has more potential at the highest level of play, and therefore, is more competitively viable. I think sun god destroys inexperienced players who don't know how to deal with (and tend to get psyched out by) an unblockable command grab.

regulas

Your Emporer
I'll try and right something up better for parry though a lot of it is reading your opponents behaviour, are they the type of player that will wait for you to do something for a moment, or do they tend to try to try and attack asap. Get a sense for the timing of when they tend to start attacks from neutral and block positions and then you can start to parry decently because people tend to stick to similar patterns until you train them otherwise. Clearly more effective after the first round.

However gosh I'm getting exhausted of trying to find online matches that aren't laggy, PC seems a lot worse then consoles, last 7 people today all had major visible lag, I should probably look for someone I can play against consistently cause I'm feeling rusty in player vs player for lack of good matches, and Blood God really suffers a lot for any errors which makes playing in lag nearly impossible.

regulas

Your Emporer
Why do some think blood god is better when he cant even open someone up ?
You can use regular throw about as well as the command grab, it is technically techable but faster with vastly superior advantage. Thus you are the same as sun god just you have a lot more damage in general.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can use regular throw about as well as the command grab, it is technically techable but faster with vastly superior advantage. Thus you are the same as sun god just you have a lot more damage in general.
Except you don't have tick throws, as high damage without totems and ways to force people to let go of block.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
lol @ bloodgod being better then sungod.
Sungod i fear when he gets in, bloodgod i dont. And good luck at getting up with bloodgod.