What's new

Video/Tutorial - Alien Kombat Kast: No One Can Hear You Scream

Noob
I mean obviously guest characters don't fit in, but do the characters in MKX share a general theme? What would make a character "fit in"?
If Spongebob was added to the MKX universe as is, he would not "fit" in because of his traits.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Why the (beep) this thing looks like a vagina!
Because that's sort of what it is, sort of...
The xenomorph eggs don't just have their babies in them, their first stage of life is that of a crawling genital monster that spits acid and wraps itself around the face of a host before jamming that long dangly part down the nearest whole and squeezing a baby inside.

Then a short while later the host has the baby...

...When it punches itself out the body(usually around the chest and rib cage area) understandably killing its host.

The miracle of childbirth.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Can we get Johnny Cage to have a Pvt Hudson costume and Sonya as Ripley and Kung Jin as Pvt Vasquez?

Can't wait to see him tomorrow. Love Aliens 2 and 3 with a passion.

If Darrius was in the game I would get him the Dillon costume and Fera has Newt skin.
Would be so awesome.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
MKX characters themselves don't fit into the original Martial Art theme of Mortal Kombat. Reptile went from a mysterious ninja to a giant lizard. Erron Black is a cowboy. D'Vorah is a giant egyptian bug. Alien only doesn't fit in because he isn't an MK character.
Pretty sure a Thunder God was also unfitting to that theme since the first MK

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Im talking about MKX.
To single out Alien is pretty odd though. Jason, Leatherface and Predator are just as irrelevant as was Freddy in MK2011. Guest characters do not fit in. They look weird and their stories made in an attempt to justify their presence suck ass.

Pretty sure a Thunder God was also unfitting to that theme since the first MK
OP of that statement forgot to mention that MK was also based on Asian mythology. Which, makes the Thunder God fit right in.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
If alien catches my attention (which he most likely will, I'm so stoked for him) he'll be my main instantly. Especially if they are nerfing predator which I'm sure they will be :(

Noob
To single out Alien is pretty odd though. Jason, Leatherface and Predator are just as irrelevant as was Freddy in MK2011. Guest characters do not fit in. They look weird and their stories made in an attempt to justify their presence suck ass.

OP of that statement forgot to mention that MK was also based on Asian mythology. Which, makes the Thunder God fit right in.
This is a thread related to Alien. Its not getting singled out...

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
This is a thread related to Alien. Its not getting singled out...
This discussion of "irrelevancy" began with this reply:
Is it just me?ibthink this char is the most irrelevant thing could join the game?
That's singling it out as the "most irrelevant" character in a game that already has Jason, Predator and will soon have Leatherface. Hence my response since you piggybacked off it.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
My body is ready. Can watch this one live too :)

What if he has a 4th variation that's preddy-alien? :eek:
Pred Alien 4th variation would be sick and too AWESOME , a gift from ELDER GODS for sure , who knows ? no one knew about cyber sub variation ....

Hoping for a full breakdown of Cyber Sub alongside Alien (and at least one new stage fatality)

I have no intention of maining him, but they teased the shit out of him way too long ago. I have a feeling that they'll wait until after the patch notes, though.