What's new

Klassic Reptile Skin & Tanya is WHO'S NEXT!!

Actually that is the exact order that was given with the Australian release dates that was then reported on by multiple different gaming news outlets. I'm assuming that is what he is talking about. It is an easy thing to confuse, and I'm sure he isn't the only one who read that information (I know I did). I remember reading the "source" the articles based their claims from and being immediately discouraged.

Basically never trust any gaming information given by EB Games or Gamestop as they are both ridiculously wrong almost 100% of the time.
That was an Australian April Fools Joke and it literally made everyone else in the world believe it, everyone must have forgot their one day ahead of the U.S.

Noob
Interesting, as a character modeler myself i was kinda expecting the classic Reptile to be more "human"... i was hoping they would go the extramile and atleast try to make the skin look human... dissapointing ( atleast for me ) they are really trying to shuv this new Idea of no more Reptile/Ermac being Ninjas on us. Calling it right now Ermac Classic costume will most likely be UMK3 but with mummy Face mask...

Just as an insigh from someone that does this for a living as well they probable did the MK4 Skin because they most likely did not want to put a lot of effort into modeling a new body and creating new face animations just for a free skin. they didnt even change the mask to be more klassic... 0 for effort NRS

There was a point when they released the dates by character somewhere and I remember seeing Jason>Tremor>Predator>Tanya. Obviously that doesn't make sense because Tanya has be finished (sorta mostly probably) since before launch and is in the friggin story, but it still made me happy in the past. Now I'm sad again.
Those dates were fake. Tremor will Come after Predator.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This looks much better than the Sub Zero Klassic skin. Still looks a bit off to me, though. The MK1 skins in MK9 shit on the Klassic Sub and Reptile. However, the Klassic Kano and Klassic Sonya skins are fucking awesome. The only change I'd have made is have Kano be bald.

Last edited:

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
i absolutely love it... possibly cause my dad is Brazilian and im a huge soccer fan...
Dude, dont get me wrong. Nothing against people who like it. Football just doesnt come to my mind when I think about MK. Those games were always a bit silly but this is just pushing it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Dude, dont get me wrong. Nothing against people who like it. Football just doesnt come to my mind when I think about MK. Those games were always a bit silly but this is just pushing it.
Agreed. There's just so many skins I don't care about in this game. Brazilian soccer Johnny and Liu are about as useless to me as tits on a boar. Then again, I have an unreasonable level of hatred for soccer, but still.....I wouldn't want Johnny Cage in a New England Patriots jersey, either (ok, maybe I would. Yes, I would).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Overall most look good, surprised how good the MK 1 Sonya one looks. Now, let's see an UMK3 Ermac or some more ninja looking Ermac :)

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
You guys fail to remember that someone asked Boon in an interview about a Brazil character in a future game, and Boon replied somewhere along the lines of "maybe".

So this Brazilian theme costume pack really doesn't come to me as a surprise.

Plus Book visited Brazil when the game was still in the development stage and he said how awesome the fans there was to the game.

wyruzzah

Noob
Interesting, as a character modeler myself i was kinda expecting the classic Reptile to be more "human"... i was hoping they would go the extramile and atleast try to make the skin look human... dissapointing ( atleast for me ) they are really trying to shuv this new Idea of no more Reptile/Ermac being Ninjas on us. Calling it right now Ermac Classic costume will most likely be UMK3 but with mummy Face mask...

Just as an insigh from someone that does this for a living as well they probable did the MK4 Skin because they most likely did not want to put a lot of effort into modeling a new body and creating new face animations just for a free skin. they didnt even change the mask to be more klassic... 0 for effort NRS
We still have mods that can bring Klassic Ermac and Reptile.. check my mod on video above this reply and same youtuber have also posted Klassic Ermac from different modder, so NRS dont really need make new model.. for them its so easy..they could just use same model for all ninjas with little additions.. eyes, skin color etc. :)

I just made a mod that brings human Klassic Reptile >
.. i still dont get why NRS cant make same thing, but oficially :(
That looks awesome! But they probably thought it would look too silly with all the acid spit and tongue moves going straight through the mask.