What's new

Breakthrough - Kenshi Kenshi Changes apparently 2-1-16 *post any I miss*

Agilaz

It has begun
Changes sounds a little meh, though the improved b1 and d1 are something. Then again, early days, right? I'm not gonna let this shit get to me before the patch actually drops.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Yeah, that's really good to know. No idea why they removed the option, maybe was not intended and has to do something with the advancing properties 111 string seems to have received. 111 low demon gave less damage before I think, but was easier to hit confirm :/

The damage increase for possessed was much needed.
I have old man reactions so I liked hit confirming my punishes.
I managed to do it a couple of times, but either the timing is very strict, or only some strings allow to do it, or even relies on which combo you did before the 22 restand...

This needs some testing. Maybe @Pig Of The Hut will tell us.
I'm pretty sure i did it once by accident while testing. I'll check back later.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm happy I get somewhat reliable Kenjutsu stuff but Possessed and especially balanced are lacking so much still. Possessed needs higher meterless damage and no gaps in his specials and balanced.. balanced needs everything. Not literally but its just so bad..

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Could be wrong, but while watching REO's stream, tele-flurry seems to have way less recovery on whiff.

Lokheit

Noob
Has anyone tested the new properties of reflect in depth? It seems to have a "Kotal-like" parry property, but is it good for anything? Kotal adds damage to his combos after using his parry. If Kenshi just absorbs the hit after risking to eat a full combo it might not be worth it without a bigger reward.

Nikita

Niksan
b1~tp with fjp ~ b1 ~ tp with fjp ~ b1 ~tp with fjp ..... It's true block string?

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
B1 being 13 frames and better recovery is big imo.
7f d1 will only realy help kenjutsu
F21 is a great string at -1 but why f2 when you have b1

Parry is a decent tool for gaps and balanced since you recover immeadiately for a bf3

Kenjutsus combos are much improves thanks to b1 and d1 111 db1 d1 111 teleslam is super viable now.

Possessed pressure got slightly better with teleport being able to go into j1 421 and b1 teleport are his best strings for cancel advantage and now you have a restand but its not worth it too meter heavy

Balanced is still ass imo but parry does help.

@Pig Of The Hut paulo did says frames arent updated so maybe theres hope for balanced. Lol not...

Is it true that 32 string moves faster? It looked like it moved faster from watching Reo's stream. Stand 3 can make some crouching moves whiff and 2 looked like it could counter attack a crouching attack with how much faster it looked.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What does ex db2 do? Armour? Faster? Health?

They both grant a full combo on hit by cancelling into rk?

Balanced
Any changes to bf2 and ex bf2 (block advantage, hitbox, range, speed, anything?)
Any changes to bf3 on whiff?
Any changes to rk or ex rk?
Is db4 faster? What about ex db4?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So are these new reflect properties exclusive to Balanced? Or can Kenjutsu do them too?

zaf

professor
The new properties added to parry in Balanced are really interesting.

Parrying a normal works now as some of you have stated. But the new property I most enjoy is that after you parry a normal, you can instantly cancel into a Rising Karma and get a full combo. Pretty sick stuff.