What's new

Breakthrough - Kenshi Kenshi Changes apparently 2-1-16 *post any I miss*

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When kp2 comes out I wanna do a side by side breakdown comparison of kenshi before and after

I'll also update all my guides and release one video to cover all changes

There's no practice mode so I'm gonna have to wait for kp2 to drop before I can do the guide right

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Yea in the corner I've been doing d1 s1 s1 43 db4

Not sure if that was possible pre beta
I don't think it was the 1 less frame has opened up a few conversion opportunities. Now if the rest of the board would open up then we would be cooking as emerald would say with"garlic".

I've been converting b32 into EX db 1 in the corner instead. I think you get 13 extra % over meterless combo with njp 1 1 43 db4 after. I'll test out the ex overhead combo and see if it does more.

Ashenar

Changes I'd like to see sometime in the beta that would ramp kenshi up before launch.

General:

B3 made into a 10 frame starter.
4 made into a mid
4 d4 to have less of a gap to break armor
F2 have 3 frames less of start up
3 recovers a little quicker
db2 no recovery on successful projectile reflect

Kenjitsu
F2 sped up by 5 frames
B2 become a 15 frame move instead of 27
enhanced bf2 be +4 on block
df1 -5 on block
311 string be -4 on block

Possessed:
F4 15 frame start up -10 on block
bf2 have 5 frames less of whiff recovery
df4 have +10 on hit instead of +2

Balanced:

bf2 have more push back
db4 be 16 frames on start up 9% damage and +10 on hit
ex bf2 0 on block
bf3 -30 on whiff

not sure what others will think most likely they will cry or complain at the fact that you have to play a different style in this game which is heavy rush down in its current pre- 3/1 build.

The way kenshi plays now his style is easy to by pass once the experience is there banking on one simple mistake ends up costing him to much. I would set him as a high risk low reward character in most if not all aspects, with fractional offensive options for the most part across the board.

If I was to rate Kenshi in the beta he would be a 4/10
and in the current MKX regular build a 3/10.

What do you think @Pig Of The Hut

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@Ashenar

I play Balanced mostly, and of course the specials of this variation need help.
The changes you posted would be really welcome. I'll put here other ideas:

-BF2 more pushback and less negative on block.
-exBF2 covers more range and is at least +2 on block.
-DB4 faster startup, + enough on hit, at least to give a throw-b3 mixup.
-exDB4 +on block, and launches to combo into teleflurry midscreen, and full combo in the corner.
-BF3 between -30 and -35 on whiff.
-Three hits of BF3 come out on block. The third one is a low, and you can mb after the second hit so the third becomes a hkd overhead instead.
-Right now exBF3 is pretty pointless, only purpose is to add damage at the end of combos. Maybe make it a mid? (*)

@Pig Of The Hut, thoughts? You think any of these (specially (*)) would be too much?

Last edited:

Ashenar

@Ashenar

I play Balanced mostly, and of course the specials of this variation need help.
The changes you posted would be really welcome. I'll put here other ideas:

-BF2 more pushback and less negative on block.
-exBF2 covers more range and is at least +2 on block.
-DB4 faster startup, + enough on hit, at least to give a throw-b3 mixup.
-exDB4 +on block, and launches to combo into teleflurry midscreen, and full combo in the corner.
-BF3 between -30 and -35 on whiff.
-Three hits of BF3 come out on block. The third one is a low, and you can mb after the second hit so the third becomes a hkd overhead instead.
-Right now exBF3 is pretty pointless, only purpose is to add damage at the end of combos. Maybe make it a mid? (*)

@Pig Of The Hut, thoughts? You think any of these (specially (*)) would be too much?
Something I thought would be dynamic for meter is doing ex bf3 on a block string and having the spirit come out and start its string while you can move and start your own string as well. Aka it comes out like an assist to help you similar to cages up clone in some ways.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Something I thought would be dynamic for meter is doing ex bf3 on a block string and having the spirit come out and start its string while you can move and start your own string as well. Aka it comes out like an assist to help you similar to cages up clone in some ways.
Sounds good! Would reduce the recovery on whiff of exBF3, give chip factor from fullscreen (throwing 1 or 2 bf3s while the enemy is still blocking the exbf3, wow) and some pressure up close (imagine exbf3 working on block and at the same time do a b32~overhead slash, or 4d4...). Would be pretty game changer.

Anyway, I would be surprised if nrs does more than a slight frame shave on specials to this variation.

Lokheit

Noob
When kp2 comes out I wanna do a side by side breakdown comparison of kenshi before and after

I'll also update all my guides and release one video to cover all changes

There's no practice mode so I'm gonna have to wait for kp2 to drop before I can do the guide right
I will have the not updated PC version around so feel free to ask if you're not sure if some specific things could be done before KP2.

AFAIK you can't follow with pokes a B32(or F32) ex bladenado in the current build so that's great as you can now either go for safe hit confirm B32 or just B3 if you want to bet they won't block the fast low-OH. It's probably related to the speed increase of D1, but as it's just 1 frame maybe they also pulished bladenado a bit.