What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
Black Adam
Knew you'd say Adam. Not sure I can say much about him since he counters grundy but... His divekick not as safe on block anymore and "increased damage scaling". He can't build meter like Superman, he has like 1 wakeup option while Supes has many, Supes trait is a lot stronger, and Black Adam actually takes some thought process to pull off his combos.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
So before evo everyone says superman is definitely top 5 but not the best. That position belonged to Wonder Woman black Adam batman whatever. Now he is by far the most op in the game am I right.
Dude the second I came into the game I knew that dude was #1, came in right before scorpion got released. My friend even predicted Superman winning evo, predicted Superman being all that people play at evo. Hell when I get online everyday I excpect 90% of the players I fight to be Superman.

Dude the second I came into the game I knew that dude was #1, came in right before scorpion got released. My friend even predicted Superman winning evo, predicted Superman being all that people play at evo. Hell when I get online everyday I excpect 90% of the players I fight to be Superman.
I'm just saying what I've read on this site. I never post but I read on here a lot. Superman has always been said to be brain dead easy n very good but not top. Now he's top because he won evo. He wasnt the best at CEO was he

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
Wow, KDZ, what a piece of shit asshole gettin' carried by his BROKEN piece of shit character who d.....................

(realizes all this silly shit has potential to revitalize hype for injustice)

DJT and really the whole entire evo bracket was full of punk ass whiney BITCHES that need to step their shit up. KDZ could beat you with random select you frauds. YO BEAST COAST WE IN THERE

IM sorry to say but GF did show that Kdz WAS clearly better than djt by aa mile.
DJT did play lame in all the games i saw of him.
he showed good defence in general but was beating chris g on gimmicks.
chris g didn't know how to deal with the rocket pressure set up and djt sure exploited it.
so what is all this about superman and f23 pressure wasn't DJT doing the same thing with b1 rockets all day.
this!!

Crathen

Death is my business
Superman is the #1 character in this game, he is a solid S tier character but he is in no way broken. I do think he needs to be normalized a little but not nerfed.

F23 xx Breath is a braindead footsie tool but it needs to remain good and has to serve the same purpose. I think Konqrr suggested the best solution so far to normalize this string: "Just make ice breath on block push back so an immediate f23 done afterwards will whiff, but that makes it still strong in the corner." Making Breath have more pushback would remove the actual mixup Superman gets on block. That way he can still use F23 for what it's meant for: whiff punishing but he can't get easy auto-pilot pressure except in the corner.

Another obvious problem I think most top players will agree on is that he builds WAY too much meter for free. I've seen matches where Supes uses his Super to whiff punish something then after chucking lasers for 10 seconds he has full meter again. I don't think that's smart design considering how powerful Superman becomes when he just sits on his Super.

Those are the only 2 things that need small tweaks/normalizing. NO serious nerfs needed to his damage/startup/recovery. But if they do nerf his damage then they have to nerf Black Adam's and The Flash's damage output as well.
Making breath push back wouldn't change his loopsided matchups wich he wins because 3 things damage , mobility and keepaway ( and in some matchups trait ).

Personally first off ( and this should be applied to every character that has a very long backdash ) slightly more recovery on his backdash

more damage scaling off heat zap ( 60+ corner combos from f23 are way too good, best he should get is around 50% from f23 you have to remember that we're playing a game with 2 healthbars and no rounds , damage is a big deal )

slightly less range on f2 and startup up to 9 frames

8 seconds to recharge trait and it not negating trait armor / doomsday trait

EX heat vision ( both ) reduced pushback and (slight ) block advantage

That said i'd make his 22 string faster and eliminate the gap in 22here3 and slightly less pushback on icebreath.

Then he won't be stupid as he's now while still keeping his core gameplan intact.

Also yes , nerfing Flash damage from EX sonic pound should be a given with how he's evolving , BA damage shouldn't be reduced that much ( maybe by another 2% but that's it ) , what needs tweaking in BA is his trait recharge time.

But we all know that ain't happening right?

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
That's my point, I know the matchup online but many online Supes are bad which is why me knowing the matchup doesn't matter. The character is too good regardless of whether I know the matchup or not.

To clarify, I can do everything right and then one mistake and well i just took 80% damage and I'm at the end of the screen ready to take some lasers. It's not fair at all.
First of all he has no meterless BnBs that go over 30% which characters like Black Adam do.
His midscreen damage is around 40% which again is normal and say hello to Grundy (50%+ 1 bar combos) even with F23 hit confirmed into trait his damage doesn't go over 45% midscreen without burning another bar. His low starter corner combos in the corner cap at about 50% damage.
And apart from that the only thing to get his combos off is a slow overhead and a straight forward mid hitting string (pro tip you can block it by either holding down or back) and even with that if you get hit by a F23 in the corner it's pretty much on you. Sure you can take about 50% damage off of his mix-ups but that's neither unheard of in other chars nor that unusual.

There are a lot of valid complaints such as the rate at which he builds and meter and such but yours are retarded.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
KDZ's points are completely is moot. He is answering everything with his questions.

Fact is, Green lantern can't "rush down", all his offence comes from the moment he wiff punishes you, because you are trying to rush into him.

He is a hybrid zoner, that is how they play out.

So even though KDZ saying "he ran from every player" is not false, he is choosing to use the word "run", and its not technically correct, a poor choice of words, that is just exactly how to play Green Lantern.

Zone, bait, punish, and only then can his offence and post combo shenanigans begin.

KDZ also said "was I suppose to just rush him down? I did that and lost the first round". And he is exactly right, (again, answering his own questions with questions) he rushed into GL, which plays right into the characters strength, and he paid the price for it.

Ultimately, deciding to outzone green lantern is the right choice, if he didnt do that, he would have lost.

So it seems like KDZ is having a conversation with himself.

Weird.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
KDZ is probaly the best Superman player so far, look at his Superman, look at the way he plays.
But the character is still boring and annoying as fuck.
Plus no one can hear NRS Games' music, it made the game is so zzz to watch.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
People booing him really pissed me off... It's ok you hate Superman, but that is disrespectful! He didn't get free wins, that's for sure... Even using Superman, whatever you want, he worked for his wins.

Instead of "normalizing" which is honestly just a fucking nerf.......

Why don't we buff the rest of the cast like NRS originally promised? The moment supes gets hit with another nerf he's going to become ass tier and then the fuss will be all over another character thats just been over shadowed by all the bitching on Superman.... Or...how about we at least wait a year for the game to actually develop before pushing for another fucking patch. Isn't anyone tired of the patches already? System patches are fine, their easier to keep up with plus needed...patches on every fucking character every 4-5 weeks....gtfo here.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
KDZ really is really good. There were plenty of other Supermen there. They got beat by the people KDZ triumphed over. End of line.

Instead of "normalizing" which is honestly just a fucking nerf.......
Adding startup/recovery frames to a move = nerfing

Making a string deal normal chip instead of ridiculous chip = normalizing

Making a move build normal meter instead of ridiculous meter = normalizing

Making a combo deal 50% for 1 bar instead of 54% = fake nerfing :tonyt

Reverting a move to its original pre-patch state = de-normalizing or fake buffing :REO

Buffing The Flash = Not Really Serious balancing :16Bit

Removing OTGs = bug fixing

Zod and Martian Manhunter avalaible for DLC = Bug creating :joker:

NRS = Patch whores

B W1zZ

Noob
First of all as ridiculous as Superman is, I don't think it's fair to discredit KDZ because he chooses to use him. If your playing to win and want to use the best characters then fuck it, more power to you.

However with that being said I don't agree with KDZ claiming there is a big skill gap between him and DJT. KDZ all I'm going to say is during grand finals DJT might not have adapted properly and you definitely were the better player in that particular set, but don't get it twisted as far as skill is concerned. Next time you face him could be a completely different story.

snort

Noob
So before evo everyone says superman is definitely top 5 but not the best. That position belonged to Wonder Woman black Adam batman whatever. Now he is by far the most op in the game am I right.
Hes always been the best IMO, even before CEO. I dont know how people can say otherwise. I laugh at people like Brady saying Batman is #1.

Dizz_88

Noob
DJT is a high level player, he proved this by winning evo mk and coming in 2nd in igau. Skill gap? Thats BS. When it comes to fundamentals and skills DJT is better. Supes is just broken, that is why KDZ won.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
DJT is a high level player, he proved this by winning evo mk and coming in 2nd in igau. Skill gap? Thats BS. When it comes to fundamentals and skills DJT is better. Supes is just broken, that is why KDZ won.
LOL!! That is not why KDZ won. He won because he is the better player.

B W1zZ

Noob

Saying KDZ won solely because "supes is broken" is still unfair imo. Did REO win all the tournaments he has in MK only because Kabal is broken?

Even if a character is top tier the skill behind the player is still a factor.

VOR

Noob
KDZ-god of hype at ceo, gets 3rd------god of lame superman play at evo, gets first. Both times gets shit on by the community. Oh well.

Dizz_88

Noob
Saying KDZ won solely because "supes is broken" is still unfair imo. Did REO win all the tournaments he has in MK only because Kabal is broken?

Even if a character is top tier the skill behind the player is still a factor.
I agree, KDZ showed he had skill and played very well. Super-Man is top tier and extremly braindead and takes a small amount of execution. Kabal on the other hand took a high amount of execution . When you take a player with good fundamentals/skill and combine it with Supes you win big tournaments.

This is the reason there was 4 Super-Man's in top 8. (or was it 3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.